West Orange-Stark (21) @ Hamshire-Fannett (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

9 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Not sure why that clown is still talking. He should be supporting what he wanted.

This.  I don’t know Coach Hickman but wish him all the best.  I felt for him from the beginning. It’s so tough to replace a legend and he’s following two of those. 

But the amount of complaining I heard about Coach T for years was both hilarious and sad.  Those who obviously will complain about ANYONE can really use those Karen megaphones now. 

I’m honestly surprised. I felt like you’d see the start of a decline as kids who were in the program under CT graduated, and play calling proved itself to be a less than we’d seen in the past. 

I’m honestly surprised how bad it’s gotten so quickly… The Jasper game is a tossup in my opinion.

This is the point in a season where kids start to bail on the program in lots of places. Has there been any of that in WOS as of late?

4 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

West orange never has a down year like this. I may be wrong , but we’d have to go back 30-40 years to find a west orange team losing like this. When they lost to png I thought, “ok, png might just be better than we thought and are finally playing defense.” When they lost to Silsbee I thought, “well of course - Silsbee has one of the best players in the state and is probably going to go at least five rounds this year.” Then they kept losing. And they keep losing on absolutely terrible offensive production and non-existent defense. This kind of self-destruction is unheard of for west orange. It may amount to just a down year, but that it’s happening at all is weird. A down year for west orange used to mean district champs and a second or third round exit. Now it means losing to Hampshire Fannet ? This season is a historic dip for that program 

Yes they have. Several posters have pointed out multiple season where they lost 4-5 games in a season. Both Hooks and Thompson had off seasons. Most recently was 2018. 

The only thing that matters is making the playoffs and advancing. 

Mustang fans have short memories and are very spoiled. 

14 minutes ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

Yes they have. Several posters have pointed out multiple season where they lost 4-5 games in a season. Both Hooks and Thompson had off seasons. Most recently was 2018. 

They lost those games in pre district not in district. Silsbee i could see but some of those other ones.😬

West Orange - Stark has always been about tradition. Not just in football, but as a community and a school district. How many teachers, coaches, administrators, etc. have retired, changed districts, or left the profession in the last 10 years or so? WOS use to be a place where you could come back and still know the majority of the faculty and staff and feel like you were back home. It’s tough to continue tradition with so much change across the board. If I’m correct, WOS coaching staff has several former players coaching now, and a handful of coaches that have been there for multiple years. They see our post, they know the expectations and I have no doubt, they’re doing the best they can to keep those traditions alive. The struggles aren’t coming from a lack of effort or passion, it’s just a transition to something different with several hiccups along the way. Tradition doesn’t like change and it is very apparent by several keyboard warriors post. 

Evidently here’s more proof the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.  For many WOS fans, this side looks like a septic tank ran over.

Hope someone gets it figured out.  Hate to see a storied program like the Mustangs fall completely off the radar.

32 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Evidently here’s more proof the grass is not always greener on the other side of the hill.  For many WOS fans, this side looks like a septic tank ran over.

Hope someone gets it figured out.  Hate to see a storied program like the Mustangs fall completely off the radar.

They won’t fall off of the radar… they’ll be a decent team that competes for a dc  more often than not and almost always makes the playoffs. 

What they won’t be is mentioned in conversations about going to state or being ranked in the top 10 preseason polls. I think you’ll see them like a Jasper or Silsbee, or maybe even one notch beneath those type of programs. Consistently fielding good teams, just not great. I mean, unless kids start to transfer out, which is a really big possibility in this era-in that case all bets are off and they could easily be another school like HISD Scarborough. I doubt it, but I wouldn’t rule it out in 8 years or so. 

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

But they also swept district in 2018. They’re 1–2 in district this year. 

1 hour ago, Lions Pride 2021 said:

West orange has lost multiple games before, but have they lost “like” this in recent memory? Lethargic, lost, timid? 

11 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

West orange has lost multiple games before, but have they lost “like” this in recent memory? Lethargic, lost, timid? 

Glad u understand!! And it will only get worse.i don't see any positive things coming anytime soon.somethings didn't need to be changed.and now everyone has to suffer for it.the players,coaches,and the community.i never thought I would ever see the day where w.o fans stopped going to games.i truly believe that everything that built here in the the early 80's have been taking away.