West Orange-Stark (21) @ Hamshire-Fannett (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

On 10/9/2022 at 7:41 PM, bullets13 said:

HF is a whoooole lot better the last two seasons than they’ve been in years past.  Last year WOS beat them 24-8 after a couple of decades of beating them by 30-40 points.  HF has taken another step forward this year, IMO.  Silsbee has taken a big step forward.  WOS has been awesome in district over the years, no doubt about it, but this is the best district WOS has been in for as long as I can remember.   For years and years traditionally the only real threat to them in district was Silsbee.  And while they beat them in district consistently, we’re only a few years removed from Silsbee knocking them out of the playoffs two years in a row.  WOS has played possibly the toughest schedule of any 4A team in the state to this point.   Combine that with new schemes, and they’ve struggled.  There are some valid concerns with the coaching, I get it.  But I don’t think it’s a guarantee that they wouldn’t have 2-3 losses at the point if they had the same staff as last year.  With the exception of HF, all the teams that have beaten them this year have also beat them at times over the last several years as well.  

It's a guarantee...

On 10/9/2022 at 7:41 PM, bullets13 said:

WOS has played possibly the toughest schedule of any 4A team in the state to this point.

There is a team up north that has beaten at the time of game, 3 state ranked teams, 2 of which were higher classifications and all 3 on the road. Oh, and the other 2 games were also against higher classification teams, Kilgore and Paris. And then we are gonna have to go out of state next year to get a extra game because no one would play us in week 5. I know WOS has had a tough go of it this year. But don't tell me you have played the toughest 4A schedule in the state this year. 

4 minutes ago, lostaussie said:

There is a team up north that has beaten at the time of game, 3 state ranked teams, 2 of which were higher classifications and all 3 on the road. Oh, and the other 2 games were also against higher classification teams, Kilgore and Paris. And then we are gonna have to go out of state next year to get a extra game because no one would play us in week 5. I know WOS has had a tough go of it this year. But don't tell me you have played the toughest 4A schedule in the state this year. 

1. He has nothing to do with WOS.

2. Perhaps you have an understanding issue with the word “possibility“. 😀

3 hours ago, lostaussie said:

What can I say that hasn't already been said for me?  I used the word "possible" for a reason, with that reason being that I wasn't going to research every 4A team in the state before making my post.  It's inarguable that WOS plays a very tough schedule every year, and it's tougher than usual due to the quality of their district.  I also have no affiliation with WOS, so I'm not trying to oversell them or anything like that.  I agree with you that your team has played a very tough schedule, although they haven't played anyone that approaches Silsbee.  A bunch of solid 2 and 3 loss teams on y'all's schedule so far, although obviously Gilmer has had something to do with that.  Im gonna be honest, looking at them side by side I don't see y'all's schedule as all that much tougher than the stang's schedule.  We could go into it game by game, but what's the point.  I'm certainly not downplaying the difficulty y'all have played. 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

No WOS does not have the toughest schedule in 4a. Maxpreps shows that WOS (17.4) has the 3rd toughest in bmt area behind WB (34.6) and Ned (18.3)

Gilmer is top in 4ad1 with 27.3

And with that being said.

🔒

Using maxpreps for anything other than finding out scores to a game is a waste of time.