Bridge City officially opens AD/HFC/JOSH SMALLEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC

AggiesAreWe

57 minutes ago, Reagan said:

My advice, FWIW, don’t hire home cooking.  Might want to follow what PNG did!  
How about going after that assistant coach at Rusk with  the son that’s a good QB?  Wouldn’t hurt to ask if he’s interested!

3 high schools in 3 years for the young man......can't imagine his family would be in favor of that. 

Any Bridge City fan here can call or email this coach and give him the opportunity to accept or decline the offer to apply.  Don’t always presume those in charge will be able to make the right decision.  Sometimes it’s good to reach out to coaches just to see if they are interested.  But, don’t limit it to this coach.  Reach out to others they any here can think of.  Why not?!

What I would do is after the State Title game I’d call or email the winning and losing coaches of the 3A and 2A title games.  I’d ask them to apply for the BC.   One never knows what will happen.  But, that’s just the start.  Think of 5 coaches that you would like to see apply and contact them.  You may only get 1 or 2 replies.  Remember, those that are responsible wait to receive applications.  That’s not my MO.  I’m not suggesting something I’ve not done myself! You might be surprised at some of the responses you get!  But one thing is for sure — you know what the outcome is if you don’t try!  Do nothing — get nothing!

38 minutes ago, Reagan said:

What I would do is after the State Title game I’d call or email the winning and losing coaches of the 3A and 2A title games.  I’d ask them to apply for the BC.   One never knows what will happen.  But, that’s just the start.  Think of 5 coaches that you would like to see apply and contact them.  You may only get 1 or 2 replies.  Remember, those that are responsible wait to receive applications.  That’s not my MO.  I’m not suggesting something I’ve not done myself! You might be surprised at some of the responses you get!  But one thing is for sure — you know what the outcome is if you don’t try!  Do nothing — get nothing!

I have a feeling this is going to a homer higher

On 12/9/2023 at 2:07 PM, purpleeagle said:

He did not change anything at Rust. 

I did not think he would and I tactfully said that, but I was labeled a hater. Truth is some voiced opinions of the young man are just fanciful. I will say again that it put too high of an expectation on a (then) 15 year old. It was unfair to him. I wished they would have just stayed at AP and enjoyed the ride. Rusk was not a good move.     

1 hour ago, Indianforever said:

Hearing some rumors from Orangefield that took place this morning 

Worst kept secret in SETX as many have said before. He's been denying it all year, which I don't understand. If it was to "protect" the players, they already knew and it showed by their demeanor this year. He's going "home" and getting paid more so not sure the reason for "hiding" it or avoiding what everyone already knew. Hopefully he's not making the move just to "make his best 5 years" for retirement. Knowing his track record I doubt that would be the case. 

23 minutes ago, SD_2 said:

Worst kept secret in SETX as many have said before. He's been denying it all year, which I don't understand. If it was to "protect" the players, they already knew and it showed by their demeanor this year. He's going "home" and getting paid more so not sure the reason for "hiding" it or avoiding what everyone already knew. Hopefully he's not making the move just to "make his best 5 years" for retirement. Knowing his track record I doubt that would be the case. 

No doubt.  Should've just got this done 2 years ago and avoided snowcones.

41 minutes ago, TheOutsider said:

No doubt.  Should've just got this done 2 years ago and avoided snowcones.

He wasn't gonna walk away from a 2000 yard rusher and senior led team destined to win the DC. Especially considering they wanted him and made exceptions to put off the official hiring process.

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Bridge City officially opens AD/HFC/JOSH SMALLEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC