Bridge City officially opens AD/HFC/JOSH SMALLEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC

AggiesAreWe

14 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Honestly, though… a good hire here could turn the program around. Look at what Chief Joseph has done at PNG. There aren’t very many of those guys around, but it would be nice to see somebody come in, make great strides, and last more than two years. 

They have good coaches out there. The last Austin Westlake coach  must have relied on talent lol probably need to find a coach that has knowledge of. 3a or 4a numbers. Theres a difference from 30 kids on the side line than 60 plus

13 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Thats just how it is at some places. Its pretty well-known that Coach Griff at LCM didn't want his best baseball guys playing other sports, and he usually got his wish.

Up to my 8th grade we has a qb running back and several others. Got to my 9th grade we probably lost 10 my freshman year class. It really hurt my senior year due to lack of talent

45 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

They have good coaches out there. The last Austin Westlake coach  must have relied on talent lol probably need to find a coach that has knowledge of. 3a or 4a numbers. Theres a difference from 30 kids on the side line than 60 plus

Also 6'+ 300+ at every position on the line that's the biggest key

10 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Thats just how it is at some places. Its pretty well-known that Coach Griff at LCM didn't want his best baseball guys playing other sports, and he usually got his wish.

I totally understand. My comment was to respond to the comment from @Austin1985 "1st order of business:  change the priority from baseball to football..... "

Wouldn't you rather say "1st order of business:  change the priority from solely baseball to football, baseball and any other sport you want success in.....

It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

45 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I totally understand. My comment was to respond to the comment from @Austin1985 "1st order of business:  change the priority from baseball to football..... "

Wouldn't you rather say "1st order of business:  change the priority from solely baseball to football, baseball and any other sport you want success in.....

It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

And, to clarify, these are the things I heard toward the end of my tenure inside of 25th and Savanna in PA.  Because, back in the 90's, BC was a fixture in the playoffs.......

Then I was told, priorities were switched and now here they are

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Honestly, though… a good hire here could turn the program around. Look at what Chief Joseph has done at PNG. There aren’t very many of those guys around, but it would be nice to see somebody come in, make great strides, and last more than two years. 

I heard Todd Dodge will find you one for a fee.

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

You guys will be making a very good hire for all sports.  He’s a very good football coach.  He might be the best AD in southeast Texas.  

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Y’all can keep him, lol. 

Edit…. I thought you were offering us your old D line coach. 

I'm interested to see if he applies. But was actually making the point of... WHO would hire a line coach for AD? I don't think West Brook,  West Hardin, or West Sabine would be that blind. 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Bridge City officially opens AD/HFC/JOSH SMALLEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC