-
Posts
9,799 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
88
Everything posted by SmashMouth
-
FINAL — Lumberton 10 at Bridge City 31 — Discussion
SmashMouth replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
I think this is a testament as to how bad Lumberton played, not how good Bridge City looks. -
FINAL — West Orange-Stark 7 at Bay City 18 — Discussion
SmashMouth replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Sure they are. Any opponent is. As long as they stay healthy and fix mistakes from the prior weeks, then they have done their job. I didn’t say they needed an easy win week. -
FINAL — West Orange-Stark 7 at Bay City 18 — Discussion
SmashMouth replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
They need a good bounce back week. And to stay healthy. -
Hope not, but fair.
-
And often times, this point can cloud a critics objective judgement. Been there.
-
So one person sharpens another. The mustangs are not expected to win this game. But at the very least, this will be good preparation for district. They just need to stay healthy and work on getting better. If they can do those two things, that’s a win in my book.
-
Give me the Raiders by 7
-
FINAL — Baytown Lee 19 at Lumberton 38 — Discussion
SmashMouth replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Update? -
FINAL — West Orange-Stark 7 at Bay City 18 — Discussion
SmashMouth replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
How much time is left? -
FINAL — Baytown Lee 19 at Lumberton 38 — Discussion
SmashMouth replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
They’re killin Lee! -
FINAL — Bridge City 0 at West Orange-Stark 42 — Discussion
SmashMouth replied to SETXsports's topic in High School Football
Good job H! -
Being a coon-ajun, that’s spot on!
-
Like I said, 6/3. Based on constitutional law.
-
It was 6/3, I'm pretty sure. While I don't really like the outcome, I believe it was the correct ruling based on Constitutional law.
-
It's hard to disagree with that statement. There are two things you can do: Live with it or change it. The votes aren't there to change it, so....
-
My youngest grandson may change your mind. I mean he's 3, but he's a bad 3. Lmao.
-
I was commenting on some of your other sentences... "For clarification: schools run a background check from the DPS database. If that comes back "clear", the school check references. Former employers are only technically allowed to provide 1. dates of employment 2. eligible for rehire yes/no 3. they may also provide safety info for DOT sensitive positions. Anything beyond the above listed information can expose the former employer to legal trouble." And my comment was they are ok to provide any factual information as long as the prospect signed a release and it is truthful and non-inflammatory. Your limitation of only 3 things that an employer can "technically" provide is incorrect. I've tested it in court. A few times...
-
I'm sorry sir, you are incorrect on this one. I do this for a living. I'll keep the explanation as short as possible, but as long as your replies as the former employer are fact-based and not purposefully inflammatory, you can relay certain info about a previous employee to a prospective employer. Especially if the prospect in question has signed a release. Chapter 103 of the Texas Labor Code protects from defamation liability an employer who releases information about a current or former employee to a prospective new employer, unless "the information disclosed was known by that employer to be false at the time the disclosure was made or that the disclosure was made with malice or in reckless disregard for the truth or falsity of the information disclosed." Follow my guidelines, and it will serve you well: Release only factual information Supply Only What Is Requested Tell the Truth Avoid Inflammatory Terms Use a Written Release Form
-
Not necessarily the case. If you're a prospective employee and you sign an "Employment Information Release" or "Authorization for Release of Information" with a prospective employer so they can vet you (pretty common practice these days), the document gives past employers explicit written permission to share details about your work history. It also acts as a liability release, protecting the previous company from lawsuits (such as defamation claims) for the information they provide.
-
It was definitely a different time, but I can't remember a time I went to a track meet, football game, golf match or baseball game as a student athlete (yeah, I lettered in 4 sports 😎) without a pocket knife as a student athlete. Hell, I carried one to class, to student council meetings, to school dances. I was a teenage young man in Southeast Texas. I always had a knife on me. Lol.
-
Thanks for posting...
-
Great acceptance speech from H. Proud of him.
-
Yep. They're in my regular "bean" rotation ever since you told me about them several years ago. I love 'em! I usually can only find them locally at HEB though.