Snapshot Day

AggiesAreWe

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I call bull.  You seen this growth several years ago.  More student enrollment, more state funding.  More state funding, more money to build.  I think they’ve just built a new high school.  But now I’m sure they have enough money to build new schools.  

All those other problems you’ve stated with the teachers…. And students…. That’s all on the district and poor preparation.  

I wish that schools in our ISD would experience that kind of growth.  I guarantee you NO ONE would be complaining…

You know absolutely nothing about the funding mechanisms or issues in the district. You have no idea what has been encountered and the challenges within the community. Very easy to sit and comment about something that you cannot comprehend.

You are out of your mind if you think the district has not taken every measure possible to alleviate the burden. You are speaking fully out of ignorance. What is happening in Cleveland is unprecedented in this state.

5 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I call bull.  You seen this growth several years ago.  More student enrollment, more state funding.  More state funding, more money to build.  I think they’ve just built a new high school.  But now I’m sure they have enough money to build new schools.  

All those other problems you’ve stated with the teachers…. And students…. That’s all on the district and poor preparation.  

I wish that schools in our ISD would experience that kind of growth.  I guarantee you NO ONE would be complaining…

You really need to do some research on this particular situation. It will surprise you.

They are not getting the money like you think they should.

And no ISD can be prepared for that kind of growth. That's over 850 student increase just at the high school in 2 years. That's a 4A additional school to their high school. Sorry, but nobody can prepare for that increase.

10 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You really need to do some research on this particular situation. It will surprise you.

And no ISD can be prepared for that kind of growth. That's over 850 student increase just at the high school in 2 years. That's a 4A additional school to their high school. Sorry, but nobody can prepare for that increase.

Perspective based on the 850 in 2 years Aggie points out.  Katy ISD has 9 high schools. At the same PERCENTAGE rate of growth of 27% (give or take a few) every 2 years were occurring there, Katy would go from 9 to 14, yes 14, high schools in 4 years.  

6 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Perspective based on the 850 in 2 years Aggie points out.  Katy ISD has 9 high schools. At the same PERCENTAGE rate of growth of 27% (give or take a few) every 2 years were occurring there, Katy would go from 9 to 14, yes 14, high schools in 4 years.  

Taxes collected for schools is a lot different in Katy than thier is in Cleveland.

6 minutes ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

Also, the growth in Katy has correlating tax revenue. And the power brokers of the community in Katy do not seek to punish the people moving to the area by shutting down every measure to alleviate and stay in front of the growth.  

49 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

That's even more surprising with all the new homes built up that way

A lot of the new homes and whole neighborhoods are still being built as we speak with future neighborhoods slated to be built. I bet we see a substantial increase for LCM within the next few snapshots 

2 hours ago, myrecordwashorrible said:

The growth there is not growth you want.  There are several of us on here trying to not go political with this. I beg you to research what is going on there and the rate of growth makes no economic sense as there is no industry to justify it. 

I’m not so naive as to not know what this is about. And it’s not about politics.  There’s another word that this would be about, but again, this wouldn’t be the forum for it.  Just know that I know and it’s a sucky reason for not being on board with town or city growth.  

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You know absolutely nothing about the funding mechanisms or issues in the district. You have no idea what has been encountered and the challenges within the community. Very easy to sit and comment about something that you cannot comprehend.

You are out of your mind if you think the district has not taken every measure possible to alleviate the burden. You are speaking fully out of ignorance. What is happening in Cleveland is unprecedented in this state.

Please don’t insult my intelligence.  I’m not from Cleveland, but I am completely aware of the demographics of Cleveland and surrounding area 15-20 years ago and now.  

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It’s the constituents that select the board of trustees.  Someone should have been able to foresee this.  If not, I don’t know what to tell you.

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Please don’t insult my intelligence.  I’m not from Cleveland, but I am completely aware of the demographics of Cleveland and surrounding area 15-20 years ago and now.  

Understood. Demographics got little to do with politics and economics. Also has nothing to do with funding mechanisms. You have said plenty to indicate you are oblivious to the issues.

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

It wasn’t several years ago with normal development.  It’s only recently that they started bringing people straight from the border to Plum Grove and setting up a whole community.  100k expected there.  No district can handle that. 

Most of the kids do not speak, nor understand English.  This doesn’t help the teachers or current students.  Again trying not to make this a political post, but yeah that’s why.  

23 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It wasn’t several years ago with normal development.  It’s only recently that they started bringing people straight from the border to Plum Grove and setting up a whole community.  100k expected there.  No district can handle that. 

Most of the kids do not speak, nor understand English.  This doesn’t help the teachers or current students.  Again trying not to make this a political post, but yeah that’s why.  

That's not entirely accurate...the actual reason is cheap land easier financing and marketing that is primarily geared toward the demographic living there