Snapshot Day

AggiesAreWe

22 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

And.. can't be mad at WOS for not wanting to play a school multiple classifications lower... in football.  That's a no-win situation for them.  

First... this game may still happen if Newton wants to continue. 2nd.... playing any other 3ad2 team from our area would be a no-win situation. But not Newton. We want to keep this game for as long as we can. 

11 minutes ago, Looper said:

being tested in the preseason is still better than being tested for the first time in round 4 of the playoffs. 

What I'm saying is that there is so much time between Week 2 and Round 4 that it doesn't matter.  That's literally 12 straight weeks of probably blowing somebody out.. 12 weeks of starters not going in past halftime.. 12 weeks of playing zero situations that are gonna be seen deep into the playoffs.

Does it matter that a close game was played several months before? In my opinion, no.  So who cares if WOS drops the game going forward..

16 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

First... this game may still happen if Newton wants to continue. 2nd.... playing any other 3ad2 team from our area would be a no-win situation. But not Newton. We want to keep this game for as long as we can. 

The hypothetical here is that IF Newton drops another classification.. which is what I thought I saw earlier.  At that point, Newton could play any of the 3ad2 schools or wide variety of 3ad1 schools and would still be playing up in the preseason.

If Newton were to drop then it would probably more likely that a 4A teams stops scheduling them.

5 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

The hypothetical here is that IF Newton drops another classification.. which is what I thought I saw earlier.  At that point, Newton could play any of the 3ad2 schools or wide variety of 3ad1 schools and would still be playing up in the preseason.

If Newton were to drop then it would probably more likely that a 4A teams stops scheduling them.

I'd rather play Newton even if 2ad1 than 3ad1 Hardin or Huntington

12 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Newton wants to continue, WOS does not. 

58 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Newton wants to continue, WOS does not. 

Don’t take it personal,we had to get the boudin balls on the schedule somehow! Seriously though I look for a few more to be dropped so we can hit district play with a padded record and some confidence…maybe Deweyville,Sabine Pass and such would be up for it.

17 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

What I'm saying is that there is so much time between Week 2 and Round 4 that it doesn't matter.  That's literally 12 straight weeks of probably blowing somebody out.. 12 weeks of starters not going in past halftime.. 12 weeks of playing zero situations that are gonna be seen deep into the playoffs.

Does it matter that a close game was played several months before? In my opinion, no.  So who cares if WOS drops the game going forward..

Condition wise? Yeah you lose the conditioning but the experience is valuable. This is really similar to saying that prior years of varsity experience doesn’t matter because the games were played weeks or years ago. Gaining that experience from tough games can be important to a team.

3 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

2 games away from state who doesn't expect to get tested in round 4.

The vast majority of teams would love to just make it to round 4.

Everybody expects to get tested in the playoffs, thats why you schedule tough opponents during the regular season to gain the experience…………