What's wrong with Vidor and Nederland?

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I believe Mathews is a good coach and gets the most of the players he has. LCM offered Peevy a very good salary and bring what ever coach he wants. With that he was able to get his coordinators more money so they came along. There are coaches out there that are hungry you just have take a chance on them. 

Ugghhh 🤮

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

LCM landed a keeper, but an honest question - how many Peevey’s are out there lined up ready to come to Vidor, Nederland, or most other towns?  Bob cast his bait out there and catches a 12 pound largemouth bass.  Bill & Tom cast in the same cove, with similar baits and the best they get are two pounders.  That cove doesn’t have that many 12 pounders, or perhaps Bill & Tom don’t have the exactly right bait.  Heck, they had 5 pounders before they got in that cove.  Those two pounders won’t win no tournaments.  Maybe Bill & Tom should’ve went golfing.

So I ask again, how many Peevey’s are out there looking for a HC job?

Completely agree...Just have to toss this out there.

How many Superintendents/School Boards will open up the checkbook and go hard on the hunt for those 12lb'er's? Sure, everyone wants to catch one but the administration went after him, paid him and gave him the reigns...In my own humble opinion, it looks to be working. Very similar to what looks to be happening over in Anahuac.

10 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

1. It is against the rules. 
2. I’m just stirring the pot. Kind of

1-7 to State Regional finalist with one move in who's father was a coach. A healthy Landry and the Bears had a chance to play in Dallas.

To my knowledge there's only been two additions to the varsity roster who were not already on the team the prior year. One was approved locally and the other one was approved by the state. The one that required State approval was signed off by his previous head coach but the local group of coaches abstained from voting hence it had to go to state where it received a 5-0 approval.

I know you're kind of joking but you're kind of demeaning all the hard work these kids put in over the summer and the hundreds of hours of film study and work the coaches have done.

Please don't make unsubstantiated claims. Rumors are like buttholes, everyone has them but these kind stink like Taco Bell. There are a ton of people that lurk on here.

2 hours ago, Dat Brook said:

1-7 to State Regional finalist with one move in who's father was a coach. A healthy Landry and the Bears had a chance to play in Dallas.

To my knowledge there's only been two additions to the varsity roster who were not already on the team the prior year. One was approved locally and the other one was approved by the state. The one that required State approval was signed off by his previous head coach but the local group of coaches abstained from voting hence it had to go to state where it received a 5-0 approval.

I know you're kind of joking but you're kind of demeaning all the hard work these kids put in over the summer and the hundreds of hours of film study and work the coaches have done.

Please don't make unsubstantiated claims. Rumors are like buttholes, everyone has them but these kind stink like Taco Bell. There are a ton of people that lurk on here.

But lots of people love Taco Bell. 

21 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I believe Mathews is a good coach and gets the most of the players he has. LCM offered Peevy a very good salary and bring what ever coach he wants. With that he was able to get his coordinators more money so they came along. There are coaches out there that are hungry you just have take a chance on them. 

Plus. He was well known by Mrs brister who is great btw..  and also I believe the principal is one of his close friends too. Its a combination of like minded people that came together 

9 hours ago, Dat Brook said:

This dude has someone on the inside 😬 but I’m here for it!

On 9/4/2022 at 9:03 PM, spidersal said:

I also believe the Dogs will be 0-3 after the Silsbee game. I have watched 2 games and I guess my eyes must be getting bad because I have not seen much potential 

If the don’t beat Willowridge they probably won’t win a game

I’m glad you said your eyes are bad so I didn’t have to, because  there is plenty of positive potential with Ned team after the P.A. game listed below

Offensive line 
Defense got better in game 2, made some positive improvement considering the 8 turnovers. 

Several on Offensive & Defense I have noticed have potential to be very good

Defense- #69, #25,#6,#14, #15, 

Offense- #13, #19, #12, #3 

I would like to see all golden triangle teams do well every year. This year it looks like WOS, Silsbee, Woodville, LCM pretty good teams

we have to face the bad teams as well and face it Vidor and Nederland are simply bad this year

other than a couple of runs by # 13 and a DL that looked a little better, I don’t see much

They have been blown out in both games

I am glad you are a Bulldog backer, but when your 1st 2 games have not even been close, there is not much talent

Basically have 3 possible chances for wins this season. Willow Ridge, GP, SF

37 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I would like to see all golden triangle teams do well every year. This year it looks like WOS, Silsbee, Woodville, LCM pretty good teams

we have to face the bad teams as well and face it Vidor and Nederland are simply bad this year

other than a couple of runs by # 13 and a DL that looked a little better, I don’t see much

I am glad you are a Bulldog backer, but when your 1st 2 games have not even been close, there is not much talent

Nederland is starting out with playing 3 ranked teams in the top 10 in the state in their respected divisions, as well as top 3 in @AshlyKBMT top 5 in the area… I’m going to go ahead and say it Nederland has had the hardest non district schedule in SETX. Find me one that’s been harder. We are getting battle tested, like what @KF89 just pointed out some great players that made plays, sophomores are getting better and I believe this past Friday night they found even more playmakers they didn’t know they had.. will not be surprised if district rolls around and we shock everyone and finish at the top… Barrow and company will get the dogs ready come district. 

48 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Never said Nederland wasn't bad team so far this year, I am saying they have a solid group of young, good players mixed with some good seniors like the Bieber & Caywood players with potential to get better each game it was 21-21 at half vs. P.A. that's a sign of getting better from the WOS game? Heck score could have been 80 to 21 with the 8 turnovers, that in itself is a positive the players never quit playing hard. But there was many other positives & learning from the P.A. game to make Ned a better team for district.  WOS & P.A. will make majority of golden triangle teams look like they don't have much talent like you say. 

This has nothing to do with being a bulldog backer, trust me anyone would tell you, if there was no talent to work with at all it would be stated by me. 

11 hours ago, spidersal said:

Why is everyone writing Nederland off against PNG? Keep the jinx magic away from us. We have our own problems to deal with. 

10 hours ago, KF89 said:

Never said Nederland wasn't bad team so far this year, I am saying they have a solid group of young, good players mixed with some good seniors like the Bieber & Caywood players with potential to get better each game it was 21-21 at half vs. P.A. that's a sign of getting better from the WOS game? Heck score could have been 80 to 21 with the 8 turnovers, that in itself is a positive the players never quit playing hard. But there was many other positives & learning from the P.A. game to make Ned a better team for district.  WOS & P.A. will make majority of golden triangle teams look like they don't have much talent like you say. 

This has nothing to do with being a bulldog backer, trust me anyone would tell you, if there was no talent to work with at all it would be stated by me. 

Yep , tough non-district combined with a bunch of new inexperienced players.   I do think they took several steps forward in the PAM game, but some steps back in some areas.   As long as they continue to move forward and tweak the roster in a few places they will be ok.   Now if they HC is hard-headed about some of the roster decisions it could be a long season.

You can analyze it a bunch of different ways but at the end of the day I don't think the Dogs have the dogs they used to, especially at the line of scrimmage. Ned used to be violent in the trenches. You could make the argument that they were the best 5A team in the trenches in the coverage area from 2011-2015. I've noticed lately that they've been short on those guys and for whatever reason their overall skill players have fallen off from the days of Seay, Hopkins and Kimler. I want to say in 2012 when Crosby and Ned played Ned was the bigger school? It's possible Ned is just in a spot where they're fighting through some stagnation in their enrollment. 

43 minutes ago, KF89 said:

That is true, not as many dogs in the program & less team guys the last couple years, but there is talent. 

With all that said Barrow is having similar results as Neuman did so far.

The 3 years leading up to '11-'15 run Neuman's dawgs went '08-5-5, 2nd rd. loss, '09-5-6, 1st rd. loss, '10-5-6, 1st rd. loss

2011- 2015 was 5 district titles with '11-'13 being 3 undefeated titles 21-0 district record

Even with Neuman led teams being best in the trenches & having those legit skill guys during these yrs. the program results & playoff success is somewhat similar to Barrow's '17, '18 & '21 teams

2011-11-2 ,lost 3rd rd. to Dawson (33-25)

2012-12-2, lost 4th rd. to Georgetown (38-6)

2013- 10-2, lost 2nd rd. to Georgetown (33-7)

2014- 6-5, lost 1st rd. to Kingwood Park (31-24)

2015- 8-4, lost 2nd rd. to George Ranch (63-30)

Just for the point of clarity for the forum -- are you comparing the present Ned coach to Neumann?  

23 hours ago, spidersal said:

Edited for violating site rules.

Not sure your judgement on football players talent is very good if you say there are not any good young players starting for Ned. Since you been against them before the season even started. I think you have a personal issue & will down play these young players no matter what they do?