What's wrong with Vidor and Nederland?

On 9/5/2022 at 7:20 PM, KF89 said:

I’m glad you said your eyes are bad so I didn’t have to, because  there is plenty of positive potential with Ned team after the P.A. game listed below

Offensive line 
Defense got better in game 2, made some positive improvement considering the 8 turnovers. 

Several on Offensive & Defense I have noticed have potential to be very good

Defense- #69, #25,#6,#14, #15, 

Offense- #13, #19, #12, #3 

#22 looks to have some juice as well, defensive end.  I see lots of potential.

3 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

You obviously mean football wise (cause I could get on a rant about the city leadership, its time to kick the boomers out of office)  BUT they are young (you know this) we need a better style of coaching imo also though its not like we opened the season against BC and Deweyville. But they are a far cry from the 2011-2015 Ned teams, hopefully they get the experience needed and we get a decent QB coupled with a strong RB ( we have a history of strong runners) so that's the hope. 

You referring to 2011-2015 teams are the best teams we ever had… it was a great run we had

3 hours ago, spidersal said:

Best teams Nederland ever had was 1956-57 and 1961

57 won state but they wouldn’t beat those teams. Way different era between then and now. Nederland had a Div 1 college defensive line during that time.  Nederland always fell short in the playoffs to the team that won state. Countless times, there was a article years back in Dave Campbell magazine talking about it. 

On 9/8/2022 at 4:12 PM, outanup said:

Sophomore tailback runs for 173 yards against a highly ranked opponent.....Seems like the Oline cant be as weak as some think.

I thought the same thing about OLine.  I keep seeing on here how weak they are but I noticed that the QB seems to have plenty of time and doesn’t get sacked.  I’m not sure if the OLine is part of the sophomore pack (I know Bieber is senior), but they have done fine and improve each week.   Also, they should stick with sophomore QB.

• 2 weeks later...

Ned & Vidor Both got them a win.  But what took so long?  Maybe many of us didn’t take into account the quality of the opposition.  Ned’s first three had a combined record of 10-2 & Vidor’s were 9-2.  Maybe not SC teams but durn good teams.

Now Ned has started their District with a win.  Vidor has one more non-District game Saturday, against a really terrible team.  Bad for them but good for Vidor.  Get another good win and build their confidence before starting District against LCM.  By Oct 7th the Pirates will be as ready as possible, and they’ll need all that…….and more.

56 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Ned & Vidor Both got them a win.  But what took so long?  Maybe many of us didn’t take into account the quality of the opposition.  Ned’s first three had a combined record of 10-2 & Vidor’s were 9-2.  Maybe not SC teams but durn good teams.

Now Ned has started their District with a win.  Vidor has one more non-District game Saturday, against a really terrible team.  Bad for them but good for Vidor.  Get another good win and build their confidence before starting District against LCM.  By Oct 7th the Pirates will be as ready as possible, and they’ll need all that…….and more.

Don’t know who this Trinity team has played but maybe their coach was thinking the same thing with their team an getting ready for district. Lol