Dallas ISD considering filing a grievance over PNG win

bullets13

On 12/27/2023 at 12:31 PM, pine curtain said:

I like the 4 days of football. I would be good with 3 days of football. 

That way you can watch all the games. 

Would like to see it at least alternate between Houston and Dallas. Not sure the Alamodome could handle it.

Louisiana used to play em all in one day. I loved it! At the Superdome games start bout 8 or 9 I think it was and played  til whatever time it took that night.  

On 12/27/2023 at 6:39 PM, Matthew328 said:

I understand politics and all that entails and in certain instances in high school athletics it rears its ugly head.

I've helped coaches find officials for games including state title games and I can assure you politics are the last thing on those guys minds. 

You feel quite strongly that politics are involved here and I disagree and that disagreement is based on personal experience. You aren't changing my mind and I'm not changing yours...much like a political debate on the internet 

I’m not saying that all of the politics even happen at the state game to select the state game officials. Have a very close friend that is a white hat and according to him the bulk of the politics take place with the jockeying to get the cream games as well as the volume of games during regular season and playoffs that put you in place to be considered for the state game selections. Also heard that the shortage of officials that we have seen in the last several years will be worse next year and the years that follow unless something changes and that is partially due to the politics that have recently occurred. So your right in the sense that you’re not going to change my mind due to in-house information I have received.

This thread has reached 6 pages and folks are talking about a lock, so I'll go ahead and comment with regard to the above politics-within-officials-orgs subject.  Did someone mention in an above post that this is recent?  Maybe they were referencing a particular situation "that recently occurred", not that politics is a recent thing. 

I had two co-workers back in the late 70s that were officials, and I swear I heard them crying and griping almost on a daily basis. The more senior refs got the games with the bigger gate(s), and the refs with less seniority fought it out for the remaining games. It used to crack me up listening to them trying to figure out how to get to some of the more out-of-the-way stadiums (this was in the 70s). 

I think the recent shortage of refs just follows the same recent trends, just like the shortage of school teachers, the shortage of bus drivers, and on and on. 

Anyway, happy new year everyone. 

6 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

DISD filed the complaint not SOC, I can assure you the SOC coaches have moved on 

I'm sure it was done on SOC's behalf.  Do you feel that SOC could have dissuaded the DISD from filing this complaint?

Dallas filing any sort of grievance with the UIL is hilarious.  They are the dirtiest district (and region with the metroplex in general) of any area of the state and it isn’t even close.  They made an example out of Duncanville in basketball but honestly that’s the tip of the iceberg.  I would bet a large amount of money that SOC has multiple starters that are questionable enrollees at best. 

25 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Dallas filing any sort of grievance with the UIL is hilarious.  They are the dirtiest district (and region with the metroplex in general) of any area of the state and it isn’t even close.  They made an example out of Duncanville in basketball but honestly that’s the tip of the iceberg.  I would bet a large amount of money that SOC has multiple starters that are questionable enrollees at best. 

This

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I wonder if they realize when investigation start they end up finding things that the person who complained didn't want looked into.

6 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

DISD filed the complaint not SOC, I can assure you the SOC coaches have moved on 

Texas Association of Sports Officials (TASO) Executive Director Michael Fitch said the organization is still investigating and had no comment when reached by phone Wednesday afternoon. He declined to release the document submitted by Dallas ISD and South Oak Cliff High School.