Dallas ISD considering filing a grievance over PNG win

bullets13

PNG won every statistical category in the game. They held a great team and 2 time defending State Champs to 167 yards. Thats why they won the game. 

Rushing 126 to 106  PNG

Passing 162 to 64 PNG

Total yards 288 to 167 PNG

Turnovers 0 to 1 PNG

Time of possession  29:02 to 18:58 PNG

First Downs 18 to 11 PNG

Sacks 4-2 PNG

11 minutes ago, png409ndns said:

BS. Fort Worth is closer to SOC than Houston is to Port Neches. All the same difference. 

If you were familiar with up there you would know it's a little bit different between Fort Worth and the D and that's putting it mildly.  Should I say mildly @Matthew328 ?? 😁

24 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

well now we know why he was calling at state.

I guess he must have just had a bad game........

You might want to ask Mike Fitch who the head honcho of TASO is.........

I've never met Mr Fitch, I know Bill was at state football this year organizing and managing the officials and is usually the point person for TASO at coaching school...I guess Bill is technically #2

I want to say Bill's crew has been picked to do 5 state title games now

On 12/25/2023 at 8:34 AM, TradenupBH said:

Maybe since all state games are played in Dallas that in return, all officials should be from Houston area. Evens the playing field. Lol

Maybe the crews should be from the San Antonio area. They would be neutral since they very rarely have any teams play for a state title anymore. LOL

2 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Houston officials worked DeSoto-Summer Creek, PNG-SOC and Aledo-Smithson Valley...San Antonio did Duncanville-North Shore

Gunter - Tidehaven and Bellville - Gilmer should have had Houston refs.  It should be across the board for all classifications, as long as the games remain in Dallas. 

If I had my druthers, the UIL would reserve AT&T, NRG and the Alamodome, assign out stadium venues based on which of the three stadiums is closest to equidistant from the two high schools playing the game, and assign ref crews from chapters nowhere near either school.

This would fix a lot of problems. It would take away the built-in homefield advantage for the Metroplex schools. Houston-, Golden Triangle- and Dallas-area schools would play each other in San Antonio. West and East Texas schools would still play each other in Dallas. Some of those small school games would probably be played in Houston.

It would ensure no appearance of bias on the part of the refs. It would likely allow for better scheduling because games could be played simultaneously. (It’s unfair to the smaller schools that they have to play games on Tuesdays and Wednesday nights, in my opinion.)

The problem would be the cost, which I doubt the UIL could afford.

1 hour ago, pine curtain said:

And POLiTICS were involved in those coaches selections

What politics would make Coach Joseph and Coach Todd to both agree to a Fort Worth crew led by Bill Theodore for their 2022 game? I know Coach Todd pretty well and he doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who plays politics in the least..and I would think the same applies to Coach Joseph if he's like his Dad

11 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

What politics would make Coach Joseph and Coach Todd to both agree to a Fort Worth crew led by Bill Theodore for their 2022 game? I know Coach Todd pretty well and he doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who plays politics in the least..and I would think the same applies to Coach Joseph if he's like his Dad

Like you said Bill Theodore is "the head honcho of TASO."

You really do not think that was not a factor?