Dallas ISD considering filing a grievance over PNG win

bullets13

Todd was more busy organizing "white outs", ordering custom jackets and shoes, and talking about breaking the attendance record than he was preparing his team for the game. That is why SOC was beaten when they took the field. Bravado and flash are all fun and games until you get punched in the mouth. And don't forget walking onto the field to start the game. Humble pie isn't easy to swallow when you relish the spotlight as much as he does. Hell, I'll bet he had his afterparties already set up like he did last year. Some of the videos from the parties he was at after last year's game made me lose a lot of respect for him as a leader of men. Pride always comes before the fall Coach Todd. There is a new Sheriff in 5ADII. 

On 12/21/2023 at 8:01 AM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

This is the hidden content, please

After watching Coach Todd in this, he mostly has a reasonable take. He seems to be more focused on whether there were procedural errors that need to be corrected, not on challenging the results of the game. He basically says, “It’s not the reason we lost, but it’s not a good look for the game.” Mostly, we all agree with that (leaving out the fact that he should have been the one to police which refs are playing in the game). He doesn’t allege any wrongdoing by PNG, he simply ascribes the situation to the fact that ref crews really, really want to coach in the state championship. Again, I think he should take more responsibility for not doing his own, or sufficient, diligence on the ref crew. Of course, he says he disagreed with the call but it’s his job to disagree with the call. I don’t expect him to like it. I wish he would get it right that the ref from SETX isn’t the one who made “the” call. And he even admits that the kid who had the call against him had been warned at least two times by the ref. Overall, a pretty reasonable discussion, even I don’t totally agree with all of his perspectives. He may be cocky but he’s not dumb, and I don’t think he’s behaving maliciously against PNG or being a bad sport. There might be someone else at DISD stirring up a storm just for the optics or out of bitterness or something, but Coach Todd comes off looking pretty fair here.

41 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

After watching Coach Todd in this, he mostly has a reasonable take. He seems to be more focused on whether there were procedural errors that need to be corrected, not on challenging the results of the game. He basically says, “It’s not the reason we lost, but it’s not a good look for the game.” Mostly, we all agree with that (leaving out the fact that he should have been the one to police which refs are playing in the game). He doesn’t allege any wrongdoing by PNG, he simply ascribes the situation to the fact that ref crews really, really want to coach in the state championship. Again, I think he should take more responsibility for not doing his own, or sufficient, diligence on the ref crew. Of course, he says he disagreed with the call but it’s his job to disagree with the call. I don’t expect him to like it. I wish he would get it right that the ref from SETX isn’t the one who made “the” call. And he even admits that the kid who had the call against him had been warned at least two times by the ref. Overall, a pretty reasonable discussion, even I don’t totally agree with all of his perspectives. He may be cocky but he’s not dumb, and I don’t think he’s behaving maliciously against PNG or being a bad sport. There might be someone else at DISD stirring up a storm just for the optics or out of bitterness or something, but Coach Todd comes off looking pretty fair here.

There was also two more setx refs that i know were at the game. One from vidor another from lumberton. I dont know which game they did. But if they would have alternated crews you could still had some local refs there

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Todd is a polarizing figure, but he and his staff are very good coaches. They had their kids ready to play, they just got beat by a really good team....no shame in that

I can assure you the SOC coaching staff is ready to move on, this being done by DISD board members/admin for optics

3 minutes ago, Matthew328 said:

Todd is a polarizing figure, but he and his staff are very good coaches. They had their kids ready to play, they just got beat by a really good team....no shame in that

I can assure you the SOC coaching staff is ready to move on, this being done by DISD board members/admin for optics

Bingo! There's alot of folks it seems who don't realize that. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I seriously doubt that was the case. I don’t think that’s the reason that official was chosen. 

Especially State Championship week, it's not like it was regular season where the actual shortage problem occurs 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Especially State Championship week, it's not like it was regular season where the actual shortage problem occurs 🤷🏾‍♂️

Exactly. I mean, I don’t think there was a resulting problem overall, but you can’t blame that mid county ref calling the PNG game on a shortage. 

Last year was a Dallas crew. Do we need to go pull backgrounds on them? Check Facebook friends? Relatives? Any ties to the SOC community? 

I don't like the optics of it due to all the negative conversation that it has triggered but the ref had absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome of the game. People need to move on. 

22 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Exactly. I mean, I don’t think there was a resulting problem overall, but you can’t blame that mid county ref calling the PNG game on a shortage. 

I just meant, the likelihood of there being at least ONE referee on a ”NEUTRAL” crew who has SOME sort of connection to either team is a greater possibility due to the overall shortage of officials.  I’m sure in this situation, both coaches agreed on the Houston crew but understandably didn’t have time to research the background and residence of each one so it is what it is.  But, I do think that guy probably should’ve removed HIMSELF from the get go to prevent this exact scenario.  

13 hours ago, png409ndns said:

Last year was a Dallas crew. Do we need to go pull backgrounds on them? Check Facebook friends? Relatives? Any ties to the SOC community? 

I don't like the optics of it due to all the negative conversation that it has triggered but the ref had absolutely ZERO impact on the outcome of the game. People need to move on. 

It wasn't a Dallas crew last year, it was a Fort Worth crew...quite different