Prayers for the Anahuac community

AggiesAreWe

Last night, two football players and a basketball player for Anahuac High School were involved in a car wreck on FM 1985. The two football players were killed and the basketball player was severely burned. I have no names at this current time.

Prayers and condolences to the Anahuac community on this tragic loss.

We lost a member of the HF community in a wreck not far from this last night as well.  A man and his son were rear-ended by a vehicle going over 100 mph and the man died.  His son was one of our pre-k students last year (which I teach, although he wasn’t in my class), and his mom teaches at our intermediate, so I know the family pretty well.  The other vehicle fled the scene.  Based on when and where Ive heard they occurred, I don’t think they’re related, but they happened close enough in time and distance, as well as the similarities in the crashes, that it has me wondering a little bit.  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

We lost a member of the HF community in a wreck not far from this last night as well.  A man and his son were rear-ended by a vehicle going over 100 mph and the man died.  The other vehicle fled the scene.  Based on when and where I don’t think they’re related.  I sure hope not 

Prayers sent & sorry for your loss

10 hours ago, bullets13 said:

We lost a member of the HF community in a wreck not far from this last night as well.  A man and his son were rear-ended by a vehicle going over 100 mph and the man died.  His son was one of our pre-k students last year (which I teach, although he wasn’t in my class), and his mom teaches at our intermediate, so I know the family pretty well.  The other vehicle fled the scene.  Based on when and where Ive heard they occurred, I don’t think they’re related, but they happened close enough in time and distance, as well as the similarities in the crashes, that it has me wondering a little bit.  

Unfortunately the story I've heard from this incident is eerily similar to the one you told...people need to slow down...prayers to the families involved here

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Players have been identified across social media as Javion West and Treveyn Williams.  Prayers to the families of both students, as well as to driver as he fights for his life.  

West was going to be a big time leader on the defense. Had 7 interceptions last season from his corner spot. West also played on the basketball team.

It's my understanding that the driver is a starter on the OL and DL.

Williams had just moved back to Anahuac. Was going to play football and basketball.