West Orange-Stark 2023

7 hours ago, dj said:

If u knew who I was then u know I get it straight from the kids!! No guessing.these kids are working hard.trying to get better.and they will.but, if they were running the 50 defense where they're shooting gaps.and bringing pressure off the edge.would make a huge difference.and I can say this one of the coaches is going so far as to helping alot of the kids.even on Saturday he has been picking them up and working with them.so,they're trying to get better.

I bet the new coach has his hands cuffed by the superintendent. You think CT did that? No... probably similar situation crouch faced with previous LCM supt....

I have heard several times. They (higher admin) wanted change which included a new type of defense or whatever changes necessary to make CTs footprint a past thought. If I'm guessing they'll never run the legendary 50  defense again.

7 hours ago, dj said:

If u knew who I was then u know I get it straight from the kids!! No guessing.these kids are working hard.trying to get better.and they will.but, if they were running the 50 defense where they're shooting gaps.and bringing pressure off the edge.would make a huge difference.and I can say this one of the coaches is going so far as to helping alot of the kids.even on Saturday he has been picking them up and working with them.so,they're trying to get better.

Still waiting for someone to show me the big difference between a 50 and 3-4. Are you saying that a 3-4 does "not bring edge pressure" or "shoot gaps"?

4 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

I bet the new coach has his hands cuffed by the superintendent. You think CT did that? No... probably similar situation crouch faced with previous LCM supt....

I have heard several times. They (higher admin) wanted change which included a new type of defense or whatever changes necessary to make CTs footprint a past thought. If I'm guessing they'll never run the legendary 50  defense again.

Not exactly handcuffed. The super does not call plays. It would come back quicker than you think.

7 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Totally agree with u!! I truly wished supt handled the situation better

6 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Still waiting for someone to show me the big difference between a 50 and 3-4. Are you saying that a 3-4 does "not bring edge pressure" or "shoot gaps"?

It depends.they really are the same!! But,here's it is for all of us w.o fans.every yr that they have been great 85,86,87,88,16,17 and so on.the thing they had was a gud dline with 2 smaller edge guys that puts so much pressure of it.makes it nearly impossible for tackles to block.but they can also drop in coverage if need be. Tnt up front normally can just abt handle any team.so it makes up for teams running the ball down there throat.and with this scheme they really wanna make u run wide to there strength.pursuit all 11 to the ball.and just everyone knowing where to be. But, at every level everyone doesn't run it the same.take TCU this past yr.50 or 3/4 it was the same thing on how they run it.and I truly believe more colleges will start running it too.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

That was part of my question, the other part is: will he be helping out in the concession stand with the turkey burgers and boudain balls? 

Maybe you didn't read about the WOS concessions in the other topic.

BTW Mustang fans. Not one dollar you spend at the concession stands goes to any student activity or project graduation. This money goes to the food service department. That's right all the profits from $5 bottled water goes back to cafeteria. Have you seen the kind of food we waste after the lunch periods are over? Just my advice... find the kid with the yeti cooler on the radio flyer wagon. He's cheaper. And the Project Graduation folks have been banished off school property. So look for someone to be cooking across the street. Probably in Eric's front yard. This is the only way to truly support the kids when buying food at the game.

The more I get into things. The more I want to really get into it. Administration is a joke. But we made a change a the poll last spring. And we'll do the same thing next time if need be.

WOS 112% 🧢

14 hours ago, WO-S 89 said:

I’ll never understand why the WOS superintendent is roaming the sideline during the game talking to players and coaches.  

If it anything like the academic side. He's lying to them about the score on the board. Did you know B+ actually equals a D? 🤐

Superintendent Dr. Rickie Harris addresses the change below.

“West Orange-Cove CISD is bracing for a lower state-assessed letter grade after Texas Education Agency’s overhaul of the A-F accountability system, just one year after we celebrated a high rating. Due to many changes in the accountability system, there is a possibility that we will experience a two-grade letter drop as a district.

13 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Maybe you didn't read about the WOS concessions in the other topic.

BTW Mustang fans. Not one dollar you spend at the concession stands goes to any student activity or project graduation. This money goes to the food service department. That's right all the profits from $5 bottled water goes back to cafeteria. Have you seen the kind of food we waste after the lunch periods are over? Just my advice... find the kid with the yeti cooler on the radio flyer wagon. He's cheaper. And the Project Graduation folks have been banished off school property. So look for someone to be cooking across the street. Probably in Eric's front yard. This is the only way to truly support the kids when buying food at the game.

The more I get into things. The more I want to really get into it. Administration is a joke. But we made a change a the poll last spring. And we'll do the same thing next time if need be.

WOS 112% 🧢

WOW!!!!

That's unbelievable. What's the point if not even a small percentage goes to the kids?

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

WOW!!!!

That's unbelievable. What's the point if not even a small percentage goes to the kids?

We were shocked to learn that too. And that they wouldn't at least split it and let project graduation have the visitor stand. You know, the side that can only be filled once every few years. If we play PNG at home.