West Orange-Stark 2023

1 hour ago, ladybug33 said:

Good Post. Have they finished the new press box yet?

I think they've had enough time to finish up everything out there. But i have not been that way in a while. I do know they will consider approval of selling the event center naming rights at tomorrow's meeting.

I'd like to see a name on the home teams broadcast booth. Honoring an local ledgendary broadcaster that recently retired from radio. I'd bet Gary Stelly along with John Kimbro have been up there more that some of our OCs. Would be a great tip of the cap to KOGT for what they've done for OC sports over the years.

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I think they've had enough time to finish up everything out there. But i have not been that way in a while. I do know they will consider approval of selling the event center naming rights at tomorrow's meeting.

I'd like to see a name on the home teams broadcast booth. Honoring an local ledgendary broadcaster that recently retired from radio. I'd bet Gary Stelly along with John Kimbro have been up there more that some of our OCs. Would be a great tip of the cap to KOGT for what they've done for OC sports over the years.

Nothing is done,event center is really close I believe…my understanding is they want graduation held in it so yeah it’s really close 

On 5/18/2023 at 2:35 PM, Gametime5 said:

WOS is a staple for football success. Best of luck, and there is no way they miss the playoffs this year. By the way , did anyone hear where the Vidor OC Trahan went or who got the BC offensive coordinator spot ? 

Trahan is still on staff at Vidor.  BC hired Chris Towery as OC, he was previously the head coach at Sulphur High in la and has had many successful stops as an OC throughout the state of Texas in high school and jr college

On 5/21/2023 at 7:40 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

I agree. They are the best.

On 5/22/2023 at 2:32 AM, wo-s#1 said:

Nothing is done,event center is really close I believe…my understanding is they want graduation held in it so yeah it’s really close 

Yes I did hear that the were having graduation ceremonies at the new event center.  They have had plenty of time to complete that press box.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think he coached at TJ then Ned. 

8 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I thought it was before Memorial.

I think BG is right, he was at TJ then at Ned in the late 80s-Early 90s , he coached me back in the day.   I guess he was younger than I thought or coached past normal retirement age.