West Orange-Stark 2023

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, WOSdrummer99 said:

They've benefited from an entire year to learn new Mustang ways.

The problem is still there!! What ur trying to running doesn't fit ur personal.they want be as unorganized but,same problems will remain.sometimes u have to see what fits ur kids.

3 hours ago, dj said:

The problem is still there!! What ur trying to running doesn't fit ur personal.they want be as unorganized but,same problems will remain.sometimes u have to see what fits ur kids.

LOL. WOS doesn't have athletes to run 3-4. They have athletes to run a "50", but not "3-4".

1. I wonder how many of the naysayers could watch a 50 or 3-4 on film and tell the difference?

2. What specific personnel is at WOS that enables them to run a "50" but not a "3-4"? 

8 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL. WOS doesn't have athletes to run 3-4. They have athletes to run a "50", but not "3-4".

1. I wonder how many of the naysayers could watch a 50 or 3-4 on film and tell the difference?

2. What specific personnel is at WOS that enables them to run a "50" but not a "3-4"? 

Me, picturing our d line that averages 185 lbs anxiously waiting on this answer. 

On 7/21/2023 at 6:47 AM, 89Falcon said:

I agree.   WOS’s defensive ends out of the 50 for all those years were great athletes that were nothing more than linebacker type kids.

WOS can run the 3-4 as well as the did the 50.   That’s what they were running half the year against those spread teams anyway.

The more crucial question is can they coach it, and out the kids in the right position?   Last year they did not.   Far from it.

On 7/21/2023 at 9:18 AM, SmashMouth said:

And sometimes you have to be a good fan, shut up and let the coach do his job.

If u knew who I was then u know I get it straight from the kids!! No guessing.these kids are working hard.trying to get better.and they will.but, if they were running the 50 defense where they're shooting gaps.and bringing pressure off the edge.would make a huge difference.and I can say this one of the coaches is going so far as to helping alot of the kids.even on Saturday he has been picking them up and working with them.so,they're trying to get better.

1 hour ago, dj said:

If u knew who I was then u know I get it straight from the kids!! No guessing.these kids are working hard.trying to get better.and they will.but, if they were running the 50 defense where they're shooting gaps.and bringing pressure off the edge.would make a huge difference.and I can say this one of the coaches is going so far as to helping alot of the kids.even on Saturday he has been picking them up and working with them.so,they're trying to get better.

Well that clears it all up. Sorry I chimed in. Can't wait til my dj decoder ring comes is.