Beaumont ISD Football

AggiesAreWe

No Beaumont school makes the football playoffs this season. That has not happened since the 1993 season when Central and West Brook missed the playoffs.

What is the issue? Players? Coaching? School support? Lack of interest? What is it?

There is too much talent in Beaumont Texas to not have at least one of their teams make the playoffs. Particularly when 4 teams go.

I know having both teams in 6A did not help, but the fact remains that the football in Beaumont looks to be on the decline.

32 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

No Beaumont school makes the football playoffs this season. That has not happened since the 1993 season when Central and West Brook missed the playoffs.

What is the issue? Players? Coaching? School support? Lack of interest? What is it?

There is too much talent in Beaumont Texas to not have at least one of their teams make the playoffs. Particularly when 4 teams go.

I know having both teams in 6A did not help, but the fact remains that the football in Beaumont looks to be on the decline.

One school WB has good players but horrible coaching.  That was apparent when Coach Peevey left then the following year, they miss the playoffs for the first time in like 25 years.  Then you see what happened this year.

Accross town, you have the previous coach who was content with making the playoffs in the weakest district in Texas only to lose in the first round by the score of 500-ZERO.  Losing rubbed off on our kids and we bring in a new coach who had to inherit the holdover coaches from the previous regime plus moving up to the toughest district in the state and you see how this goes.  

There are quick solutions to these problems but I think West Brook will work toward the solution the quickest.  BU will come around but I expect a better season next year, nothing spectacular though…

You have to pay good money for great coaching in some instances there are good young coaches out there but I guess In today world most of the time school’s want coaches who know the kids or have been around the program and also save money in the process please just pay the money and bring in a coaching staff that will bring in quality results with him .

To add one what @BMTSoulja1 said, I think it goes much deeper.  BISD needs to nail down dedicated feeders, especially to United.  Also, I guess band in the middle schools is down because both bands are down in numbers.  Plus, it doesn't help playing Humble, Sheldon, and North Shore.  It would've been nice to play Pasadena's and Channelviews.  

I’m not a Beaumont guy, I know I been told over 1k times that it won’t ever happen. But still I will say it again. Beaumont needs to be 1 High School city. Build a brand new state of the art High School give the athletic department all the resources it needs, pay those coaches a great salary to come coach in Beaumont and keep them. 

5 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

I’m not a Beaumont guy, I know I been told over 1k times that it won’t ever happen. But still I will say it again. Beaumont needs to be 1 High School city. Build a brand new state of the art High School give the athletic department all the resources it needs, pay those coaches a great salary to come coach in Beaumont and keep them. 

Tell the folks in the Pear Orchard that. They're the ones with the inferiority complex.

10 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

The towns too big for 1 school.  Longevity in the HC's, dedicated feeders to United, and the UIL putting them with Pasadena or both dropping to 5A-D1 (which could happen) and BISD football will be better 

2 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Time to set the aside the bs it’s 2022. Merge the High Schools. It’s worked out pretty well for PA. 

Again, PA's numbers were shrinking.  2800 is more manageable than 4500 and PA had problems with Lincoln and TJ kids.  All the whites that were going to TJ and Austin left.  It wasn't all Peaches and cream when PA merged

Galena park North Shore and Galena park isd is an example North Shore is a Power of course and Galena park is just there at this point now United is being labeled as a Basketball power not focusing on Football it seems so maybe West Brook needs to get something fixed they aren’t too far removed  from being in the state championship game that they barely lost to Longview I’m not sure what happened to West Brook but I’m really not used to them being this bad Beaumont has tons of talent and parents could also be there influencing their kids right now United is Basketball and hopefully West Brook can get back to Competing for state titles in football and basketball, Football for United might take a While.

20 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

The towns too big for 1 school.  Longevity in the HC's, dedicated feeders to United, and the UIL putting them with Pasadena or both dropping to 5A-D1 (which could happen) and BISD football will be better 

What does putting them with Pasadena have to do with anything ?  Are you saying just stick them with inferior schools so they can get some wins ?

Lack of discipline.
 Discipline in the sense you execute the fundamentals.  There have been many schools succeed not based on just talent but by eliminating mistakes.  That starts at the top.

Self discipline to want to work hard and better yourself to achieve your goals.  A lot of kids nowadays (not just Beaumont) don’t want to work for it.  Practice is boring they’d rather play video games.  Can’t take tough coaching.  Not knowing what’s in the hallways but I’d wager you have lots of talent that is just lethargic and not participating in any extra curricular.

Discipline to fight through adversity.  Apathy, it’s hard to get up and want to participate in what some perceive is a loser.  Rather than striving to be the difference maker they just won’t participate.   Once again not unique to Beaumont, but I’d bet this is common amongst many struggling teams.  It is hard to get rid of a losing mindset.

Bottom line is it falls on the coaches and community.  You have to make the kids believe in program, believe in the goal, and believe in themselves.

18 minutes ago, CCRed said:

What does putting them with Pasadena have to do with anything ?  Are you saying just stick them with inferior schools so they can get some wins ?

Yep.  They are not going to beat the big 4 in their current district anytime soon.  Where there's growth, there's success.  When Kenny Ray first went to SC, he was with the Pasadena schools etc and went 9-4.  As soon as the UIL put them with NS and King, things got real rather quickly 

30 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Again, PA's numbers were shrinking.  2800 is more manageable than 4500 and PA had problems with Lincoln and TJ kids.  All the whites that were going to TJ and Austin left.  It wasn't all Peaches and cream when PA merged

Beaumont’s numbers are shrinking every year? 4500 that is comparable to woodlands, North shore, Deer Park is at what 4K kids.. that’s just close by and a district mate/ old district mates for them. Definitely very easy and do able. , I know it wasn’t all peaches and cream when they merged it never will be, but it’s been great after a few years to iron everything out. That’s a given every where you do that at. 

4 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Yep.  They are not going to beat the big 4 in their current district anytime soon.  Where there's growth, there's success.  When Kenny Ray first went to SC, he was with the Pasadena schools etc and went 9-4.  As soon as the UIL put them with NS and King, things got real rather quickly 

That’s not logical. Then every school that has a losing record should just be stuck with other schools with losing records ???  
That won’t make them any better or get better coaches. Look at the HISD programs. Yea, one of them might go undefeated in district, then get donkey-stomped in bi-district by a 4th place competitor. 

1 minute ago, CCRed said:

That’s not logical. Then every school that has a losing record should just be stuck with other schools with losing records ???  
That won’t make them any better or get better coaches. Look at the HISD programs. Yea, one of them might go undefeated in district, then get donkey-stomped in bi-district by a 4th place competitor. 

Just need an easier path for 2 years.  And HISD is just like every other urban ISD:  lack or resources.  

Mega big presents mega challenges and not just in sports.

Haven't check in a while but the head coach salaries have been low compared to even smaller district in the area. BISD also comes with a stigma that is not attractive to some, especially for the money. If you get one that may start some success, they wont be around long.