Little Cypress-Mauriceville (29) @ Vidor (36) - FINAL

jdawg03

8 hours ago, Dat Brook said:

The ball bounced off of a Vidor player and we recovered. I was literally 30 ft from the play. But y'all had the will to win tonight. The Bears did not.

Based on how the game went you’re assessment is right on.  Even listening to audio broadcast only, the Bears sounded flat.  Like their hearts weren’t in it.  

8 hours ago, Tim Riggins said:

Morris was the Bear offense tonight, scored all 4 TDs and is scary fast.

I watched highlights on the Tailgate Party.  Showed one of his TD runs.  At least 5 Pirates had arms around him & he ran right through them.  Great RB.  Speaking of RB’s, Vidor must have used at least 6.

Difference in the Pirates last night (imho), stopped gifting (turnovers) the opponent.  And first time this year they took control with long drives that resulted in scores - eat up clock - had the D sucking wind.  If they continue to do that they should continue to win. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Sometimes the truth happens to be negative but it's still the truth . If you don't like for others to speak the truth then you should go ahead and change your screen name to WOKE.

#-.500/23

Problem is your truth ISN’T truth. The Slot T offense when ran correctly with some good athletes is HARD TO STOP. Let me check on 3A Franklin and 5A Liberty Hill to see how they did last night with the Slot T. Oh looky there they still averaging 50 plus points a game with one loss on the season between both of them. Lol. I believe I’ll stay Unwoke. Your not hitting anyone with any hard hitting truth, you just like to WHINE WITH YOUR WOKENESS.😭

You like to throw out Matthews .500 winning percentage alot so let me give you some winning percentages from coaches that get paid the Big Bucks to put how hard it is to win in CONTEXT no matter what level your coaching on. Keep in mind these coaches get the best of the best talent to build their teams. The TOP NFL TEAMS REGULAR SEASON WINNING PERCENTAGE FOR THERE ENTIRE TEAM HISTORY as of the start of the 2022 season.

1. Green Bay Packers 57.3%

2. Dallas Cowboys      57.2%

3. Baltimore Raven’s    56%

4. Chicago Bears       56.2%

5. New England Patriots 56.3%

6. Miami Dolphins         55.3%

7. Minnesota Vikings     54.4%

8. San Francisco 49ers  54.2%

9. Kansas City Chiefs      54.2%

10. Pittsburgh Steelers.  54.7%

11. New York Giants         54.8%

12. Denver Broncos          52.7%

13. Indianapolis Colts       53%

#WHINER = Mr. Thornton Melon

26 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I watched highlights on the Tailgate Party.  Showed one of his TD runs.  At least 5 Pirates had arms around him & he ran right through them.  Great RB.  Speaking of RB’s, Vidor must have used at least 6.

Difference in the Pirates last night (imho), stopped gifting (turnovers) the opponent.  And first time this year they took control with long drives that resulted in scores - eat up clock - had the D sucking wind.  If they continue to do that they should continue to win. 

It was a beautiful sight to see so many running backs getting to tote the rock. The playbook got opened up. Happy for the boys. I know they’ve put in the time and hard work to get better. Congrats to the coaches for getting them prepared an in the right spots to be successful. Still need to work on the penalties but they are getting there.

Go Pirates!

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Lol. You may be right. 

You ain’t fooling me.  That high powered Ltown offense is virtually unstoppable.  There’s a reason they’re ranked 7th in the State.  I was going to ask you to talk to the HC there & have him take it easy on the Pirates.

Thank you in advance.  Good friends are hard to find.  
👍👍👍☠️☠️☠️🤪😉😜

Pirates played great period. But I see some here tooting horns when they wanted vidor coach out 3 weeks ago. Now its the complete opposite. Support your coach and dont believe in them just after good wins.

And I don't agree with the "all lcm has is #7" they do a great job of getting the ball in their best players hands. Sounds like coaching points to me. They could've threw the ball to any of the WR had they not had some key drops. 

Enjoy your wins vidor. I have a good friend in administration and had a good conversation about enrollment. If the 4a D1 minimum doesn't change. Vidor is the smallest 5a school very shortly and would be today if it happened 

12 minutes ago, Hagar said:

You ain’t fooling me.  That high powered Ltown offense is virtually unstoppable.  There’s a reason they’re ranked 7th in the State.  I was going to ask you to talk to the HC there & have him take it easy on the Pirates.

Thank you in advance.  Good friends are hard to find.  
👍👍👍☠️☠️☠️🤪😉😜

Well, I hope you’re right. They haven’t been really tested yet though. They’ve got some tightening up to do, especially with penalties. I look forward to the Vidor matchup. Btw, I talked to the coach about taking it easy on the Pirates. He said “no problem”. Tell Vidor to not even practice that week and rest their starters for that game. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, I hope you’re right. They haven’t been really tested yet though. They’ve got some tightening up to do, especially with penalties. I look forward to the Vidor matchup. Btw, I talked to the coach about taking it easy on the Pirates. He said “no problem”. Tell Vidor to not even practice that week and rest their starters for that game. Lol. 

Sounds like Lumberton is rolling this year. Hope we stay with them. 

56 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Pirates played great period. But I see some here tooting horns when they wanted vidor coach out 3 weeks ago. Now its the complete opposite. Support your coach and dont believe in them just after good wins.

And I don't agree with the "all lcm has is #7" they do a great job of getting the ball in their best players hands. Sounds like coaching points to me. They could've threw the ball to any of the WR had they not had some key drops. 

Enjoy your wins vidor. I have a good friend in administration and had a good conversation about enrollment. If the 4a D1 minimum doesn't change. Vidor is the smallest 5a school very shortly and would be today if it happened 

Hate to burst your bubble… but the most up to date enrollment at Vidor is 30 kids less than they had at realignment… we aren’t going anywhere.  And the realignment cut line has gone UP nearly every year… hate to break it to you but you are stuck with us

1 hour ago, setxathlete14 said:

Guilty as charged on your first point but I’d never want our AD/HC ran out of town. Because I have seen over the years how he builds those kids up and know what he can do with a good group of talent. Making a big change like that and bringing someone new in doesn’t always work out and I don’t think there would be any big name, good coaches knocking the doors down to coach at Vidor. Admittedly I was not impressed with the coordinators early on and thought we could be doing some things differently. I have felt that way at times for the past several seasons but apparently they are trying new things, making changes and opening it up a little bit.

Second point, I’m sure 7 is not all they have but it felt that way last night. Nobody else really got it going and I would have used him even more. We simply could not stop him, very good RB but I wouldn’t be using him on defense against a team like Vidor.

To your 3rd point, if we move up then we move back up. No big deal, I’d like to see us playing PNG and Ned again. 5a may have some good teams but there are also some programs that aren’t all that consistent. The Pirates have shown in the past they can compete and win there.

16 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Just went through the Pickums.  Want too guess how many pickled Vidor?  Yep, none, nada, zippo, zero, goose egg.   Not will they next Friday. Pirate fans love it. 

Happened before.

IMO, one shouldn't boast of wrong picks if they themselves don't participate in the pickems. ;)

13 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Happened before.

IMO, one shouldn't boast of wrong picks if they themselves don't participate in the pickems. ;)

Not meant to reflect negatively on the pickers or picks, merely to show how little faith folks had in the Pirates. 
BTW, I’d picked LCM too.  😂

16 hours ago, Dat Brook said:

Matthews, whose program has been in existence for two+ decades, beat a two year coach that went four rounds deep in the playoffs last year. How many playoff games did Vidor win last year?

remember when vidor dropped to 4A and Vidor was expected to do big things in 2020 and found themselves fighting for their playoff lives for a 4 seed? welp, i think peevey is seeing the same thing... 6A to 4A anyone can be beaten... 

16 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Playoffs… you talking about playoffs??? What is their head to head record, Vidor pushes his team around every time. He might have all the fancy toys but at the end of the day, it’s just LCM. They might be fun to watch, high scoring with big plays and all that but when you challenge them physically this is what happens. They could have used 7 like a battering ram and bludgeoned us to death but no. Lets pass it around with a QB who isn’t accurate all the time to receivers who don’t catch it all the time.

a little louder for the folks in north orange. 

16 hours ago, Boneyard Boys said:

Playoffs… you talking about playoffs??? What is their head to head record, Vidor pushes his team around every time. He might have all the fancy toys but at the end of the day, it’s just LCM. They might be fun to watch, high scoring with big plays and all that but when you challenge them physically this is what happens. They could have used 7 like a battering ram and bludgeoned us to death but no. Lets pass it around with a QB who isn’t accurate all the time to receivers who don’t catch it all the time.

I would argue that the reason the passing game wasn't sharp, was that they didn't get in rhythm (due to Vidor getting 3+yrds a pop). They weren't on the field enough to get clicking.