Football scrimmages

22 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Why?  Couldn't find a 2nd opponent?

I would imagine that's the main reason. We were supposed to play Spring ball until Coach P resigned so there was never a second scrimmage scheduled. With us just getting the last of our coaches last week I'm sure it wasn't very high on Coach Willis' list to find one. 

8 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Jasper had a 11pm practice last Friday night per KJAS, but I don't know if that's a regular thing that Coach Crumedy does. Someone there would have more info on that. It might be more common as long as the summers are like this.

The DAWGS had Midnight Madness last season as the first practice to start the season.

Scrimmages are August 11 Home scrimmage vs Diboll

August 18  away scrimmage vs Many(LA)

3 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just a reminder to everyone. Nobody wins or loses scrimmages.

Carry on

You reminded us of that 11 years ago when I first go on here. The fact that 11 years later you still have to bring it up lets you know that to this day still see these first two quarters of exhibition football as the gospel. 

Que the Friday/Saturday morning "I can't belive the OC called that!" talk. 

You guys are dead on. The only two things you want to see in scrimmages are that plays are being run correctly against similar competition and that no one gets hurt.

As far as Jasper goes, I want to see the defense play well. That should always be the foundation of our team. 

3 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

You guys are dead on. The only two things you want to see in scrimmages are that plays are being run correctly against similar competition and that no one gets hurt.

As far as Jasper goes, I want to see the defense play well. That should always be the foundation of our team. 

I agree. I want to see how we look friday @ a really good China Spring program. Hope for injury free for both teams. I know it's not a game but it's close enough to get the feel. Ready for some football!!!