Barbay leaving Jasper

AggiesAreWe

13 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

If they get Coach A, and keep Bronson as DC, they become a state contender in 3 years.

Alvarez has never coached the caliber of athletes he’s about to coach.    It will be interesting to see what kind of program he builds and sustains there.   

IMO he’s one of the better coaches in the state of Texas.   What he did at Kirbyville was nothing short of a miracle.

Ennis didn’t have athletes? 

4 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Jasper does. I just think Ennis is a good program. Every other place he went was ok. 

Ok as in what?  But I agree about Ennis.   Great program with good athletes.

Kirbyville hadn’t been to the state playoffs since 1988.   In 2002, his 3rd year there, he had them in the playoffs, and only missed the playoffs 1 time after that.   He took them to 2 state title games, and several other 3rd and 4th round appearances.   Something Kirbyville hasn’t seen since.

He turned West Sabine into a respectable program.

He recently took Cuero to the semifinals.   The only place he struggled was Copperas Cove, and Nick Saban wouldn’t win at Copperas Cove.

27 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

Ok as in what?  But I agree about Ennis.   Great program with good athletes.

Kirbyville hadn’t been to the state playoffs since 1988.   In 2002, his 3rd year there, he had them in the playoffs, and only missed the playoffs 1 time after that.   He took them to 2 state title games, and several other 3rd and 4th round appearances.   Something Kirbyville hasn’t seen since.

He turned West Sabine into a respectable program.

He recently took Cuero to the semifinals.   The only place he struggled was Copperas Cove, and Nick Saban wouldn’t win at Copperas Cove.

Okay as in talent. I’m not disagreeing with you  

4 hours ago, Matthew328 said:

Interviews have started....one red flag for me is the interview panel had 12 people on it...way too many cooks in that kitchen

where did you get that info? some more "I heard" type?

8 should be the max if/when it come down to it.

there are a total of 7 school board members and 1 superintendent.  being the "I heard" pipeline of info. already has J.I S.D  out of pocket over $200k for a coach to come here. how ridiculous is it to have a 12 member hiring panel  🙄 even if it were for only one interview?

45 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

there are a total of 7 school board members and 1 superintendent.  being the "I heard" pipeline of info. already has J.I S.D  out of pocket over $200k for a coach to come here. how ridiculous is it to have a 12 member hiring panel  🙄 even if it were for only one interview?

Could the source have been someone else that interviewed and pulled out of the process? 

17 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Definitely not giving up a source on a message board, but I feel confident in the information I received

Jack Alvarez is NOT going to be HC/AD in Jasper.  He didn't even make the short list.

There is no 12 member panel that is going to make the hire.

4/5 people of the community along with school board members (7) worked together to narrow down candidates based on their applications.  they all will/have  NOT be part of interviews or actual hiring.

💯

50 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Jack Alvarez is NOT going to be HC/AD in Jasper.  He didn't even make the short list.

4/5 people of the community along with school board members (7) worked together to narrow down candidates based on their applications.  they all will/have  NOT be part of interviews or actual hiring.

💯

What is 5+7? Sounds strikingly similar to "12". Almost like "panel" with "12" people. 

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

💯