Barbay leaving Jasper

AggiesAreWe

4 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

I think I have figured out these retirement moves to la.  If you retire in Texas you cannot teach or coach for one year in Texas but that does not apply to Louisiana. Assist.supt. From Newton retired and. went straight to merryville La. just as Brian later did. 

So do you think they come back to Tejas after a year ?

On 1/21/2022 at 9:48 AM, sfajackswin said:

Foreman???? Alvarez??? Bronson??? Who else? This thing is wide open it seems! With Hickman taking over WOS will Foreman apply? Sure going to be interesting!!! I personally am a fan of the Alvarez or Bronson hire! 

Agreed. Foreman is well regarded down in Orange and I think he knows how good a job Jasper is, but Alvarez wins everywhere he goes and Bronson is going to get a HC job somewhere soon. Either one would be good for us and both know the program. 

If Alvarez wants to job, it’s his.   Keep Bronson as the DC, and great things will happen.   Coach A knows how to build a program, and take a program that’s already solid to the next level.

He’s always had great DC’s.  Bryan Barbay, Vanya, hired WT away from Newton.   Bronson would learn wonders from Jack and benefit from coaching under him as he did Coach Barbay.

All assuming Alvarez even applies of course.   But that would be a great combo.

28 minutes ago, MackLewis said:

If Alvarez wants to job, it’s his.   Keep Bronson as the DC, and great things will happen.   Coach A knows how to build a program, and take a program that’s already solid to the next level.

He’s always had great DC’s.  Bryan Barbay, Vanya, hired WT away from Newton.   Bronson would learn wonders from Jack and benefit from coaching under him as he did Coach Barbay.

All assuming Alvarez even applies of course.   But that would be a great combo.

Alveraz and WT were roommates in college.

15 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Alveraz and WT were roommates in college.

Sure enough.   Best friends.   I believe another one of their teammates was Gus Malzahn.   Or maybe Gus went to high school with Coach A.

Was it Henderson St or Ark Tech?   The Wonder Boys has to be the worst mascot in college sports!

15 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Henderson state I think 1986-1988.

I think you're right. Coach Alvarez came to Jasper as an assistant in either '89 or '90 when I was a student. We had a fun coaching staff in those days and he was a great guy when I knew him. I haven't seen him in almost 30 years, but I would be thrilled if he came back to lead the Bulldogs.