Barbay leaving Jasper

AggiesAreWe

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

if J.IS.D decides to keep HC & AD in 1 person then Mr. Malcolm doesn't qualify. A Masters is required because AD is considered to be administrative.

It would be more cost effective to have one person in both roles. I wonder if he's working on getting it or if he'll be content being a coordinator for a while. Any idea who else might be interested other than maybe Coach Alvarez?

On 1/29/2022 at 6:33 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

if J.IS.D decides to keep HC & AD in 1 person then Mr. Malcolm doesn't qualify. A Masters is required because AD is considered to be administrative.

Google Jasper Texas ISD job openings and the opening is listed. Masters is not required, just says preferred .

2 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Heard this one might be announced real soon ?   Rumor , Cuero coming open. lol

don't get me wrong Jack has been successful as a head coach and he has ties to the area.

no knock on the choice really, but for ME personally I don't get (or have not yet ) that ole funny but good feeling on the inside when something gets you excited.

without saying, a STATE  🏆 not far down the line would erase my memory of ever making these comments.  

anywho.........guess we shall see.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, MackLewis said:

If Alvarez wants to job, it’s his.   Keep Bronson as the DC, and great things will happen.   Coach A knows how to build a program, and take a program that’s already solid to the next level.

He’s always had great DC’s.  Bryan Barbay, Vanya, hired WT away from Newton.   Bronson would learn wonders from Jack and benefit from coaching under him as he did Coach Barbay.

All assuming Alvarez even applies of course.   But that would be a great combo.

If they get Coach A, and keep Bronson as DC, they become a state contender in 3 years.

Alvarez has never coached the caliber of athletes he’s about to coach.    It will be interesting to see what kind of program he builds and sustains there.   

IMO he’s one of the better coaches in the state of Texas.   What he did at Kirbyville was nothing short of a miracle.