West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

10 hours ago, marshman said:

It’s not that we’re not backing Hickman , it’s the way the superintendent went about hiring him. His mind was made up from the start. Like I said in an earlier post, someone much more qualified could have applie

He can't hire him on his own, there has to be a vote.

18 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

And plenty of great basketball β€œplayers”….there’s no doubt in my mind that if Silsbee poured into football what they pour into b-ball they would have a few state titles in football. As previously mentioned, Silsbee is loaded with athletes.Β 

I wonder how many realize how true this is (from a talent perspective)? Β In recent years, Silsbee is usually more talented than WOS (and especially depthwise). Β If Cornel had been Silsbee’s head coach during the time he was at WOS, hard to believe they wouldn’t have a ring or two. Β Especially because Silsbee, like WOS, would absolutely give him the freedom to coach. Β 

32 minutes ago, ladybug33 said:

IMO they are open about it. From what I heard the people in Killeen really like Coach Foreman and wanted him to stay.Β 

I just mean that the official vote will be made during closed session.

I bet they do, what's not to like about someone dedicated to the students.

3 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I wonder how many realize how true this is (from a talent perspective)? Β In recent years, Silsbee is usually more talented than WOS (and especially depthwise). Β If Cornel had been Silsbee’s head coach during the time he was at WOS, hard to believe they wouldn’t have a ring or two. Β Especially because Silsbee, like WOS, would absolutely give him the freedom to coach. Β 

Sure Silsbee has talent but the West Orange kids are cut from a different cloth.Β  Ive been watching all these area kids from pee wee through graduation and the West Orange kids are just tougher. Thats the difference, TRUE GRIT . There grade school kids are worked and treated harder than most varsity teams in this area.

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

@djΒ 

We seem to be the only ones that saw the lack of leadership week 1 vs Nederland. I've been told that Dyer was in command with CT being in hospital. Why didn't the "Coach in waiting" lead the team that night?

That was a mess of a game to say the least. I was sitting couple rows behind Pookie and "Steve harvey", sorry I don't know his real name, but u probably know exactly who I'm talking bout. They argued the whole 1st half about how everyone says its CT fault when things don't go right. Who's fault was it that night? Who's fault will it be next season?Β 

I hate to bring politics in this. But its like how they still blame 45 for Biden's problems.

For this reason hiawatha shouldΒ  schedule Nederland the first game and prove that he is capable. Unless he is skeered πŸ‘€

31 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Sure Silsbee has talent but the West Orange kids are cut from a different cloth.Β  Ive been watching all these area kids from pee wee through graduation and the West Orange kids are just tougher. Thats the difference, TRUE GRIT . There grade school kids are worked and treated harder than most varsity teams in this area.

That’s main reason for their toughness. Β The SETX dna (Beaumont and PA as well) includes a lot of toughness. Β Silsbee community, like WOS, would support coaches instilling such toughness. Β Not all communities would…like say, Palestine.Β 

5 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

That’s main reason for their toughness. Β The SETX dna (Beaumont and PA as well) includes a lot of toughness. Β Silsbee community, like WOS, would support coaches instilling such toughness. Β Not all communities would…like say, Palestine.Β 

I see what u did there. I was thinking even closer, like right down 87

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

That’s main reason for their toughness. Β The SETX dna (Beaumont and PA as well) includes a lot of toughness. Β Silsbee community, like WOS, would support coaches instilling such toughness. Β Not all communities would…like say, Bridge City.

Fixed it for you.Β 

Silsbee is loaded with atheletes on the regular. The fact they have not won championships in football is not because the district pours more into basketball than football. To the contrary, the basketball program has not only won championships, but won period for a long time in spite of. It was only when Silsbee got an Administration that afforded the basketball program some of the same amenities as football,(ie: basketball class and the ability to go play outside the immediate area to name a couple), that Silsbee got over the hump championship wise. Football has had those amenities and more. Monetarily, there is no comparison between the two when it comes to outlay. Comparing this athleticΒ  program to to others in the area (WOS, Newton, etc) is really comparing communities. The Silsbee community values all their sports not just one or two. Bigger, stronger, faster works well for football, but basketball requires a level of skill that can only be attained through skill development. When bigger, stronger faster meets skilled in basketball, skilled at that game usually wins out at a more consistent rate. I will end with this, Silsbee is unlike anywhere else in this area. They don't take down the basketball goals or prevent basketball practices from happening or even games from taking place until football season ends. Why? because there are other students that are trying to be the best they can at their sport and are not afraid to go play schools while under manned. Before someone asks, yes I KNOW these things first hand.Β  Β Β 

38 minutes ago, Ghost Writer said:

Silsbee is loaded with atheletes on the regular. The fact they have not won championships in football is not because the district pours more into basketball than football. To the contrary, the basketball program has not only won championships, but won period for a long time in spite of. It was only when Silsbee got an Administration that afforded the basketball program some of the same amenities as football,(ie: basketball class and the ability to go play outside the immediate area to name a couple), that Silsbee got over the hump championship wise. Football has had those amenities and more. Monetarily, there is no comparison between the two when it comes to outlay. Comparing this athleticΒ  program to to others in the area (WOS, Newton, etc) is really comparing communities. The Silsbee community values all their sports not just one or two. Bigger, stronger, faster works well for football, but basketball requires a level of skill that can only be attained through skill development. When bigger, stronger faster meets skilled in basketball, skilled at that game usually wins out at a more consistent rate. I will end with this, Silsbee is unlike anywhere else in this area. They don't take down the basketball goals or prevent basketball practices from happening or even games from taking place until football season ends. Why? because there are other students that are trying to be the best they can at their sport and are not afraid to go play schools while under manned. Before someone asks, yes I KNOW these things first hand.Β  Β Β 

You never gave a reason why they haven’t won a football state championship.Β 

On 1/22/2022 at 12:37 PM, ladybug33 said:

I really believe that this will blow over if not already!

My friend I hope so. But, ik for a fact that alot of ppl are pissed at (supt) from making this decision on his own.and they plan on voicing there opinion at the board meeting. He should've considered all the candidates bf he decided this on his own.harris went abt this the wrong way.smh.

1 hour ago, dj said:

My friend I hope so. But, ik for a fact that alot of ppl are pissed at (supt) from making this decision on his own.and they plan on voicing there opinion at the board meeting. He should've considered all the candidates bf he decided this on his own.harris went abt this the wrong way.smh.

Most don't know the interviewing and hiring process. They only know what they speculate or what someone told them.Β 

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED