West Orange Stark job open/HICKMAN APPROVED

aTmfan06

6 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Courtesy of Ashly Elam: Thirteen applied for the Athletic Director/Head Football Coach position at West Orange-Stark #409Sports #txhsfb 

This is the hidden content, please

They acting a fool for a coach with a 42-52 career record…. 😂

5 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

I'm more surprised nothing was said about Coach Ferguson applying, I didn't know anything about it. It wasn't said on the other site either from what I've noticed. 

I admit that I won't believe till Hickman prove us wrong. I hope he do.

Now I am very curious how can he handle the schedule with non-district since his position start effective till July 2022! It will affect kids for not around during off season. 

I cannot wait to see who we play non-district.

Wish him the best. 

10 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

11 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Exactly!

Wonder what they had against this coach: 

Jason Ferguson
Shelbyville, Head Coach (2013-2016)
Memphis, Head Coach (2011)
DeLeon, Head Coach (2008-2010)
Record: (58-26)

2 minutes ago, One4All said:

This type of remark really gets to me ,no one is acting a fool over records 

Just curious what was The Great Coach T record as a head coach before getting the AD/HC  job at WOS...

Toby record is deceiving. First 2 years at Shoemaker: 2-18 before they finally got going in 2019. 

Questions?  Why did he go and be an assistant principal ( I know)

How many other top-notch programs in the state of Texas 3A and above has someone in the assistant principal role and assistant football coach at the same time

Under a legendary athletic director/ head football coach

Food for thought 

5 minutes ago, One4All said:

How many other top-notch programs in the state of Texas 3A and above has someone in the assistant principal role and assistant football coach at the same time

Food for thought 

He was in a position to take over at a moments notice

14 minutes ago, One4All said:

Food for thought 

Actually, more than you would think.

But, mostly at smaller schools.

4 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Looking at the list who applied, there was only one clear choice and the school board got it right. I was surprised that no real quality coaches applied for this position. Makes me wonder why.

All coaches talk to one another or thru one another. I reckon most got told WOS already had their guy. 

5 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Looking at the list who applied, there was only one clear choice and the school board got it right. I was surprised that no real quality coaches applied for this position. Makes me wonder why.

What put Hickman the clear choice over the others in your opinion?

59 minutes ago, KF89 said:

What put Hickman the clear choice over the others in your opinion?

I can answer that from reading this forum and the opinions of some, certainly not all or maybe  not even a majority. I brought up the fact that Larry Neumann from Nederland was an outsider with no head coaching experience and looking for success. I compare that to Dan Hooks who was an outsider (not from the community) with no head coaching experience.

As was pointed out to me in a follow-up opinion, yes but Dan Hooks was not an outsider. It was true that he was not from WOS but…. he had coached under the WOS system as an assistant and coordinator. That was unlike Neumann  who came from a different school.

Using that exact same logic, Hickman just like Hooks, has no head coaching experience but has been coaching at WOS and knew the current system. Also using that logic, they could eliminate everybody but Foreman (?).

I am looking at that list and without knowing the peoples reputations, I see coaches from smaller schools even than WOS perhaps and except for the last guy on the list, have a combined won loss record of something like 88-169. It appears as though you could eliminate all but two or three people from just the resumes.

I am just giving an opinion. I’m on the outside and don’t really care. It just seems to be an idea in some peoples’ opinions that there had to be something surreptitious or evil behind the scenes because their choice was not chosen. 

Without going any deeper than just looking at the resumes, I see three people that I would choose and all of them, at least by those resumes, appear to be good choices.

The superintendent chose one of those three.