Bridge City officially opens AD/HFC/JOSH SMALLEY NAMED NEW AD/HFC

AggiesAreWe

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

Idk why people dislike the Slot T… when it’s ran well and you have a good defense to pair with it… you will win  ballgames 

What was the last offense Bridge City had real success in? Wasn't it when Dubose was there? Didn't he run the Slot/Wing T? 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

It's not nearly as effective when multiple teams in the same district run it. The defenses get extra weeks to prepare for it. 

Other than Vidor and Orangefield what other team runs it in the Golden Triangle?

4 hours ago, TxHoops said:

Regarding my claim about Smalley’s effectiveness as an AD, here are the most recent “Coaches of the Year” recipients in SETX.  Orangefield has more than double any other school, all Smalley hires.  

Why would Silsbee football get coach of the year?

I feel like Silsbee football under achieved of what was expected of them with the talent they had.

2 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Why would Silsbee football get coach of the year?

I feel like Silsbee football under achieved of what was expected of them with the talent they had.

These accolades are for the 22-23 school year. Not this past football season. If that helps.

Curious why teams like Franklin, Bellville and Liberty Hill has success with this brand of Slot-T and schools around here struggle with this brand of Slot-T?  

PS -- It's my understanding that the former Vidor coach spent a lot of time with Liberty Hill studying them but could not replicate the success at Vidor that Liberty Hill enjoyed.  

41 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Curious why teams like Franklin, Bellville and Liberty Hill has success with this brand of Slot-T and schools around here struggle with this brand of Slot-T?  

PS -- It's my understanding that the former Vidor coach spent a lot of time with Liberty Hill studying them but could not replicate the success at Vidor that Liberty Hill enjoyed.  

Talent to run it and stop it. 

46 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

These accolades are for the 22-23 school year. Not this past football season. If that helps.

I don't think so. Looking back to the winners last year. Coach Joseph won. He wasn't coaching PNG in 21-22 school year. These awards have to be for the actual 2023 year. And I beleive @pine curtain is right about it too. Another coach that went further into the playoffs and over achieved should have won.

8 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I don't think so. Looking back to the winners last year. Coach Joseph won. He wasn't coaching PNG in 21-22 school year. These awards have to be for the actual 2023 year. And I beleive @pine curtain is right about it too. Another coach that went further into the playoffs and over achieved should have won.

He said 22-23 school year (which would have been 2022 football season).  That’s my understanding too - is that not correct?

49 minutes ago, Reagan said:

That’s crazy to me too because surely Vidor has more talent than Liberty Hill.  Also shocking Prouse hasn’t won state with it either, what with Deweyville having way more studs than Duncanville or Katy…

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

He said 22-23 school year (which would have been 2022 football season).  That’s my understanding too - is that not correct?

He's claiming the 2023 awards for for 22-23 school year. With that logic the 2022 awards were for 21-22 school year. Was Joesph at PNG then? He won the award for 2022.