Cuero (44) vs Hamshire-Fannett (33) - FINAL

jdawg03

HF did a great job fighting all night, but man did they hurt themselves all game.  Had to be close to 20 penalties.  Some of those were caused by facing a really good team, but most were mental errors or personal fouls.  Not to mention all of the turnovers early to put themselves in a big hole they couldn’t ever make it all the way out of 

Good game up until the end when HF decided this was a free for all instead of a football game. The HF coaches should have stepped in sooner before it led up to the refereees having to throw their hats 🤨 some of those players should have been sitting on the bench instead of making their school look like a bunch of losers. 

HF coaches = F 

8 minutes ago, GMGKSA said:

Good game up until the end when HF decided this was a free for all instead of a football game. The HF coaches should have stepped in sooner before it led up to the refereees having to throw their hats 🤨 some of those players should have been sitting on the bench instead of making their school look like a bunch of losers. 

HF coaches = F 

Absolutely.   Spot on

7 hours ago, GMGKSA said:

HF coaches = F 

As an HF and employee, I absolutely hated to see that.  It’s not something we expect as longhorn fans.  I’m hoping it’s addressed quickly.  Good luck to y’all moving forward.  Y’all have an excellent team.  

I think a lot of the frustration stemmed from Cuero kids getting away with a lot of unnecessary contact being made after the whistle was blown. I saw headbutts, punches, and even one kick.  It was pretty rampant in 1st and 2nd quarter and I don’t think there was one single call or talking to by a ref.  Also the straight up hold on kickoff return with left hand of Cuero player.  It wouldn’t  be so bad but when they show these on the replay the kids see it twice and it really pulls at the emotional strings.  Unfortunately the refs decided to wake up in 2nd half and keen in on HF then just really pile it on.  I’m fine with refs calling them out but you really need to penalize both parties involved.  At the end of the day you can’t bite on the unsportsmanlike conduct of Cuero players.  You’ve got to be the better team no matter what and keep a cool head.

Best of luck to Jasper.  I think your DL could really be a problem for Cuero Offense.  Also best of luck to Silsbee

5 hours ago, BobcatDis said:

I think a lot of the frustration stemmed from Cuero kids getting away with a lot of unnecessary contact being made after the whistle was blown. I saw headbutts, punches, and even one kick.  It was pretty rampant in 1st and 2nd quarter and I don’t think there was one single call or talking to by a ref.  Also the straight up hold on kickoff return with left hand of Cuero player.  It wouldn’t  be so bad but when they show these on the replay the kids see it twice and it really pulls at the emotional strings.  Unfortunately the refs decided to wake up in 2nd half and keen in on HF then just really pile it on.  I’m fine with refs calling them out but you really need to penalize both parties involved.  At the end of the day you can’t bite on the unsportsmanlike conduct of Cuero players.  You’ve got to be the better team no matter what and keep a cool head.

Best of luck to Jasper.  I think your DL could really be a problem for Cuero Offense.  Also best of luck to Silsbee

And that thinking will be the reason the problem will never be addressed …it’s always someone else’s fault. 

On 11/18/2023 at 8:30 AM, BobcatDis said:

seriously... you're saying it's Cuero's fault your players can't keep their composure.  They'd be OFF THE TEAM if they played for Cuero.  Coaches should have stepped in much sooner.