West Orange-Stark (28) @ Bridge City (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

43 minutes ago, Gametime5 said:

If for some reason BC pulls this out with a win against WOS, I don’t care what happens the rest of the year, Landry needs to be named the Athletic Director / Head Football coach at BCHS….and WOS needs to fire Hickman. It would be a fantastic win for the Cardinals. It would be devastating and humiliating for WOS. 

Should have never hired Hickman. He has ruined the WOS dominance.  What a joke.

7 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Once a great program, yes.  They dropped to 3A D2, got absorbed by TCISD and the 'talent' went to Dickerson and Hitchcock

Makes sense. I guess ill use Brownwood HC Gordon Wood had 7 championships and was dominant now not so much. They dont have any feeder schools near there. 

This game was won in the 4th quarter. The 444th win in program history brings us to 4-4 for the year. Next week is senior night for class of 24. Back at home against an old foe with recently new leadership. 

🚩 🚩 🧢 🚩 🚩 Much appreciation to BC and the hospitality that was shown by them. They have a positive attitude over there and it was very refreshing to see all the support. Not to mention the selection at the concession stand was outstanding. Good luck the rest of the way. Baseballs right around the corner. Just jokes. But no really. The baseball coach for football idea looks genius. Can some of that good fortune rub off on your neighbors over this way.

What I saw with WOS was some talented kids that have no coaching. BC had coaching and kids that just play hard but have less talent. The WOS win was from the kids. Hickman should never been hired. Between him and the Superintendant's support, they have destroyed one of the best programs in the state.

If the thoughts/feelings in the Blue&Silver community truly are the same as what the posters here have, I can't help to wonder how a coach can/will continue to stay somewhere is not wanted/welcomed. I get the believing what you doing will have its payoff, and to some degree keeping the outside noise away.  

in two short years though you are responsible for taking one of the proudest fan bases and causing it to be one of the most upset ones. I don't care how much you try, that outside noise you avoid has got to break in and nothing short of a run to state title is gonna make it go away(maybe even not then). I have never been a coach(other than my son 5 year Olds soccer team back when,) Seems like it would be tough to be on the sideline week after week in such a daunting enviroment.

57 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

Bridge City would be insufferable if they had somehow snuck away with a win.

No doubt.  But I was still rooting for them. I used to root for WOS in every game but one every year.  Now I kind of root for them to get what they deserve.  Except for the kids - they don’t deserve any of this.