West Orange-Stark (28) @ Bridge City (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

There’s a difference in rooting for a team (kids) and rooting against a team (still kids). 

Well I’m not rooting against kids. I’m rooting against the idiots who thought they knew better and obviously didn’t. If you’re one of those guys, sorry for you.  If you’re not, just shake that pom pom hard enough for both of us. 

17 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Well I’m not rooting against kids. I’m rooting against the idiots who thought they knew better and obviously didn’t. If you’re one of those guys, sorry for you.  If you’re not, just shake that pom pom hard enough for both of us. 

Dude, I’m from Lumberton, not WOS. I may root for one team per district, generally speaking, but I’m not rooting against anyone. If you like spreading negativity and ill will against the Mustangs - which includes its kids, that’s on you. Good luck living like that. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Dude, I’m from Lumberton, not WOS. I may root for one team per district, generally speaking, but I’m not rooting against anyone. If you like spreading negativity and ill will against the Mustangs - which includes its kids, that’s on you. Good luck living like that. 

I’m more concerned about your concern about who I root for and/or against (which again, isn’t the kids). Thanks for your concern though, Sport.  I do appreciate it. On the other hand, “good luck living life” struggling with the simplest of concepts…

1 minute ago, TxHoops said:

I’m more concerned about your concern about who I root for and/or against (which again, isn’t the kids). Thanks for your concern though, Sport.  I do appreciate it. On the other hand, “good luck living life” struggling with the simplest of concepts…

Thanks Champ, but your true colors shine through your inane explanation. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Thanks Champ, but your true colors shine through your inane explanation. 

His position is one that many others also share. Nobody is against the kids. Although it is a fine line to balance. I believe we've fought for the kids for 2 years. And the kids are the only thing keeping this anywhere near afloat.

5 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

His position is one that many others also share. Nobody is against the kids. Although it is a fine line to balance. I believe we've fought for the kids for 2 years. And the kids are the only thing keeping this anywhere near afloat.

In all fairness he’s from Lumberton (which makes a lot more sense).  They have no clue what it’s like to have one of the best programs in the history of the state be torn apart by adults.  The kids are the innocent ones.  It IS a fine line but sometimes in life, I have to admit I enjoy seeing a little karma at work. I do hope that this somehow gets put back together for the sake of the KIDs.  But I fear that is easier said than done.  

I will admit that last night’s game had some extra involved for me. Although BC is the unquestionably the biggest rival of the school where my kids went, I have several friends with kids playing for the Cardinals including one of my best friends.  And I greatly respect the job Coach Landry has done after being thrust in a pretty difficult position. 

14 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

In all fairness he’s from Lumberton (which makes a lot more sense).  They have no clue what it’s like to have one of the best programs in the history of the state be torn apart by adults.

Being derogatory doesn’t make your argument any stronger. In fact, it weakens it. Keep rooting against the kids. 

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Being derogatory doesn’t make your argument any stronger. In fact, it weakens it. Keep rooting against the kids. 

One thing I can assure you of, little buddy.  It’s doubtful you know anyone who has invested more in the kids (when it’s not their job to do so) than me over the years.  And that includes time and money.  And there are multiple people on this board that can attest to that.  But keep thinking you know what you’re talking about. After all, ignorance is supposedly bliss.  

Just now, TxHoops said:

One thing I can assure you of, little buddy.  It’s doubtful you know anyone who has invested more in the kids (when it’s not their job to do so) than me over the years.  And that includes time and money.  And there are multiple people on this board that can attest to that.  But keep thinking you know what you’re talking about. After all, ignorance is supposedly bliss.  

More attacks. That shows enough about you. I’m not your little buddy and while you may care about “the kids”, your stance on this topic doesn’t show that. I’ve read your posts for years. I know you aren’t generally hateful towards kids, but on this particular topic, let’s just say you appear to be misguided. 

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just so I understand this argument, @TxHoops is wanting the current admin/coaching staff at WO-S to fail.

@SmashMouth states that taking that stance would also be against the current players as well.

Is this an accurate assessment?

Sort of.  I have no ill will towards the coaching staff.  I don’t know anything negative about any of them as individuals and would have been happy if they had succeeded or even if they did from here. Some of the administration and some of the Mustang faithful are getting their just desserts imo.  So I don’t see it as rooting “against the kids.”  I hope all kids find success - I just find karma toward those mentioned to be somewhat satisfying. 

9 hours ago, TxHoops said:

No doubt.  But I was still rooting for them. I used to root for WOS in every game but one every year.  Now I kind of root for them to get what they deserve.  Except for the kids - they don’t deserve any of this. 

34 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just so I understand this argument, @TxHoops is wanting the current admin/coaching staff at WO-S to fail.

@SmashMouth states that taking that stance would also be against the current players as well.

Is this an accurate assessment?

Pretty accurate. How can you “root for them to get what they deserve” (lose in other words, no matter their opponent) and at the same time not be rooting against the players - especially the Seniors who only have this season left. That’s backwards logic. 

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Pretty accurate. How can you “root for them to get what they deserve” (lose in other words, no matter their opponent) and at the same time not be rooting against the players - especially the Seniors who only have this season left. That’s backwards logic. 

48 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Sort of.  I have no ill will towards the coaching staff.  I don’t know anything negative about any of them as individuals and would have been happy if they had succeeded or even if they did from here. Some of the administration and some of the Mustang faithful are getting their just desserts imo.  So I don’t see it as rooting “against the kids.”  I hope all kids find success - I just find karma toward those mentioned to be somewhat satisfying. 

The quoted portion is probably a better explanation.  WOSdrummer also weighed in.  Honestly at this point, I don’t know if you are being purposely obtuse or just incapable of understanding the point. 

You guys do understand WHY the current hire was made, right?  It’s been hashed out ad nauseam    I mean it wasn’t a big secret what the main qualification being considered was.  So in the process, some better qualified, better fits were passed over, at least in mine and others’ opinions. I feel sorry for the kids but think that those pushing that agenda are getting what they deserve.  If that’s confusing for some, my apologies. 

6 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

You guys do understand WHY the current hire was made, right?  It’s been hashed out ad nauseam    I mean it wasn’t a big secret what the main qualification being considered was.  So in the process, some better qualified, better fits were passed over, at least in mine and others’ opinions. I feel sorry for the kids but think that those pushing that agenda are getting what they deserve.  If that’s confusing for some, my apologies. 

Well, since I am pretty obtuse, tell me why you think the current hire was made.

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

Well, since I am pretty obtuse, tell me why you think the current hire was made.

It was no secret what the main qualification of the next coach needed to be. It was said while CT was there, after he retired, and during the hiring process.  I won’t say all of those making the decisions were on board with it but the Sup and enough of the board was.  I’m sure you can figure out what that was - it’s been stated on this board multiple times.  

4 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

It was no secret what the main qualification of the next coach needed to be. It was said while CT was there, after he retired, and during the hiring process.  I won’t say all of those making the decisions were on board with it but the Sup and enough of the board was.  I’m sure you can figure out what that was - it’s been stated on this board multiple times.  

So you don’t know in other words?