LCM at West Orange Stark

BattlinBear02

Who wins?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2023 at 12:00 AM

Why would LCM continue to put WOS on schedule, for the simple reason they wouldn’t switch home and away for the year. When their crosstown friends needed more time to finish field. LCM would have switched instantly. There are plenty of quality teams to play. I personally root for both when in playoffs. But to say it’s a rivalry or orange bowl game, or staple game, is not true. This game does not help LCM. LCM plays no other teams like WOS. 

8 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

Why would LCM continue to put WOS on schedule, for the simple reason they wouldn’t switch home and away for the year. When their crosstown friends needed more time to finish field. LCM would have switched instantly. There are plenty of quality teams to play. I personally root for both when in playoffs. But to say it’s a rivalry or orange bowl game, or staple game, is not true. This game does not help LCM. LCM plays no other teams like WOS. 

Id have to disagree. Once you get in the playoffs  they do run into athletic teams like kilgore and chapel hill. Just because the district is watered down doesnt mean the playoffs will be

7 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

It's simple.  Transfer the right way without any shady business and you get cleared.  That's such a tired complaint. 

This game will be simple too.  WOS has a couple playmakers, LCM doesn't have any.  WOS kids expect to win, LCM kids don't and typically go over there terrified.  For LCM to have any shot, Peevey has to be as good as he says he is and Hickman has to be as bad as the WOS people say he is.  Both feelings are ultra exaggerated.  Mustangs win big!

Don't be so dramatic. Every team has at least 1 play maker.

1 hour ago, MackLewis said:

WOS will win a close game, like last year.

The years of WOS naming their score against area teams is over until they start playing better defense.

They have to have better scheme, and tackle better if they want to win and win big. 

I totally agree with u!! But, when certain ppl only see things there way instead of having an open mind.its a reason that certain teams in our area are winning.silsbee,jasper,PAM,PNG,HF,NEWTON. And the rest of our area teams barely .500.coaching!! Me,personally really are proud of how hard our kids are trying.i truly believe if we had someone that knew how to run our system I have no doubt that these kids could play in dallas.

9 hours ago, 72 Pinto said:

It's simple.  Transfer the right way without any shady business and you get cleared.  That's such a tired complaint. 

This game will be simple too.  WOS has a couple playmakers, LCM doesn't have any.  WOS kids expect to win, LCM kids don't and typically go over there terrified.  For LCM to have any shot, Peevey has to be as good as he says he is and Hickman has to be as bad as the WOS people say he is.  Both feelings are ultra exaggerated.  Mustangs win big!

To say that LCM doesn't have any playmakers takes ignorance to some pretty special heights. Yes, West Orange has always been stacked with speed and kids who have a knack for playing with the pointy ball both in quality and quantity, but to downgrade everyone across I-10 is something different. Based on your history I know you're not a fan but that doesn't mean you denigrate young athletes. 

Here's my advice: 

there's a kid named Turner- don't let him run 

if LCM has a QB that can haul the mail use him cause Sunday had a hay day for a while there 

play 4 quarters, Nederland had a 20-8 lead at one point and needed 41 points to win 

those WOS lineman are huge and will wear down throughout the night so conditioning is a must......that's about all I got 

oh and WOS had many self inflicted penalties so pray they have those again if you wanna win 

14 hours ago, JackofAll said:

To say that LCM doesn't have any playmakers takes ignorance to some pretty special heights. Yes, West Orange has always been stacked with speed and kids who have a knack for playing with the pointy ball both in quality and quantity, but to downgrade everyone across I-10 is something different. Based on your history I know you're not a fan but that doesn't mean you denigrate young athletes. 

I have no issues with the kids at LCM and I don't think its offensive to say they don't have any playmakers.  I'm sure someone will step up in the course of the season, but none of the LCM fans have jumped in with names.  I certainly won't bash an individual kid if you do.  Any big time guys?  Anyone being recruited?  If so, I haven't heard of them.

18 hours ago, americasteam22 said:

I'm having a really difficult time following your logic here.

Rivalry or not, it’s been a long time Orange football event. There is a lot of community unity. It should be interesting with both teams 1-0. Don’t forget Dyer is now on the LCM sideline. That should be interesting s well.  It’s a money maker too. How many remember the unity after RG passed? The next week Mustangs we’re on the LCM sideline. It was moving to see the support.

17 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

Here's my advice: 

there's a kid named Turner- don't let him run 

if LCM has a QB that can haul the mail use him cause Sunday had a hay day for a while there 

play 4 quarters, Nederland had a 20-8 lead at one point and needed 41 points to win 

those WOS lineman are huge and will wear down throughout the night so conditioning is a must......that's about all I go

oh and WOS had many self inflicted penalties so pray they have those again if you wanna win 

Not so much I believe your defense got worn down.

For LCM, it's a win win situation - even by losing. If they lose, at the very least they get to play a (generally) quality opponent that helps them prepare for district. At the very best, if they win, David gets to knock Goliath right between the eyes for an historical win.

I like the match-up. Fun for the community.