West Orange-Stark 2023

i have the umost respect for the Mustangs. always have. They always come to show out no matter who they are playing. We got them at the Reservation this year should be a dang good game. Just like last year we have to play one game at a time and execute. Cant wait to see how both teams look moving forward from today.

Reading all the bickering about the defense,it’s really like this guys and I can’t believe it’s not been said ‘as far as I’ve seen’the kids have been running a 50 defense their entire lives,yes since peewee this has been what they’ve learned…switching things up in a year is/was a disaster.It may look better the second go round,we’ll see!Do I agree of course not and it’s not because of a certain formation but because why fix something that’s not broken!

8 hours ago, wo-s#1 said:

Reading all the bickering about the defense,it’s really like this guys and I can’t believe it’s not been said ‘as far as I’ve seen’the kids have been running a 50 defense their entire lives,yes since peewee this has been what they’ve learned…switching things up in a year is/was a disaster.It may look better the second go round,we’ll see!Do I agree of course not and it’s not because of a certain formation but because why fix something that’s not broken!

Awesome. What does a kid that has been running a 50 for "their entire life" do differently in a 3-4? 

48 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

WOS struggles last year are the result of: 1.0 slight talent drop combined with 2. new coaching "style/process". Nothing more. 

They had almost all returning starters from '21, or at least that's what the stang faithful were saying last year.  They were arguing that there wasn't a talent drop, they were the same kids.

But don't take my word as gospel, that's just what they were saying.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

They had almost all returning starters from '21, or at least that's what the stang faithful were saying last year.  They were arguing that there wasn't a talent drop, they were the same kids.

But don't take my word as gospel, that's just what they were saying.

But this ain't last year. None of those excuses count now. Time to get it or get gone. 

WOS 112% 🧢

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Tougher at the top end. 

Exactly. They also had their focus on us. Knowing it was their chance and took full advantage. Hope they keep the focus again. Don't think they're coming to DRH to face the '22 team again. We've got some seniors that still have that winning mentality that has been instilled in them since they were old enough to hold a football. Everyone's back and ready to roll. Kids were working hard this morning. Pushing each other just as much as the coaches were. Now we need to get our fan base back in the game and show em some love.

6 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Exactly. They also had their focus on us. Knowing it was their chance and took full advantage. Hope they keep the focus again. Don't think they're coming to DRH to face the '22 team again. We've got some seniors that still have that winning mentality that has been instilled in them since they were old enough to hold a football. Everyone's back and ready to roll. Kids were working hard this morning. Pushing each other just as much as the coaches were. Now we need to get our fan base back in the game and show em some love.

It should be a competitive district but something tells me Jasper will come out on top 

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Silsbee is my pick… they’re deep this year. Good Jasper team this year, too, it’s just an unfortunate year for Jasper to be good. 

You might be right but IDK man. Coach Crumedy coming into his second year with the program running that offense and the Dawgs return the entire defense. That's gone be tough.

On 8/1/2023 at 9:46 PM, wo-s#1 said:

Amen!

On 8/1/2023 at 9:46 PM, wo-s#1 said:

I dont know the last time you been to a peewee game but the stjfl doesn't allow a nose guard over the center. Just one of the rules.