Little Cypress-Mauriceville (29) @ Vidor (36) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, Charles in Charge said:

I didn't bash anyone, but it's easy to root against the school who tries to recruit from all over the area and brags about how great they are.

You're way off.  Lcm has one good year in its history last year and suddenly you guys are a powerhouse?  You are 3-3.  No vidor fans have acted like fools on here and why would they?  They always beat lcm.

If you are recruiting in Southeast Texas you should be better than 3-3.

Last year’s great first season set the bar pretty high. Expectations were very high.

I’m quite certain if you asked Peevey, he would take full responsibility for player flatness, too aggressive play calling, etc. I also think he’s disappointed with the record so far and not blaming it on the players or a lack of talent. You can bet he’s working on improvement now and not looking for excuses.

Matthew’s upped his game after a disappointing start to the season and will continue to through the rest of the season (even though some so called fans were ready to run him out of town.)

Both fan bases need to be patient with their good coaches and support the programs.

12 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

again, vidor beats lcm and think they won a state championship. that's the difference. When LCM wins games its just what they were supposed to do regardless of ranking or what any other bleacher coach says... :)

I think the head to head has LCM leading Vidor by about two wins… I guess this website is about 20 years old and it’s probably been that long since LCM won 😂 … so I don’t think anyone is acting like we won state… we just did what we do.. and that’s win against LCM… nothing to see here 

Vidor has matched up with Lumberton about 30 times and I think Lumberton has won maybe 6 or 7 of those games… This is one of the few years Vidor will play Lumberton as the underdog… hopefully Vidor can control the time of possession like they did last Friday with LCM.  Lumberton is the real deal this year.

I agree with your opinion! They are high octane in all facets of the game.  Very fast and shifty! There receivers run well after the catch, and they are very quick!

There wide out will burn you, if not played correctly.  QB makes good choices.  Got to play mistake free football against them.  There defense is quick!  Having shared this they can be beat.  Anybody can be be beat!

On 10/7/2022 at 11:25 PM, Dat Brook said:

Hats off to the Vidor Pirates tonight. They had the will to win and stuck to their scheme.

The Bears had flashes of brilliance but couldn't put together cohesive drives when they needed them. Not understanding why we constantly went deep instead of getting our offense in a rhythm and giving the D a break.They were gassed after the first quarter. We were passing to run instead of running to pass. We had guys wide open over the middle but instead tried to go for the home run which didn't work once. We went with the Wildcat and #7 scored. I only saw that play one more time and we had a good gain. The offensive and defensive schemes either weren't executed correctly or were bad for the situation. Pitching the ball in your own end zone is like calling a quarterback draw from shotgun with fourth and inches! Oh wait we did that too and failed.

We attempted to run the 5-0 defense tonight ( which is what West Orange would always dominate Vidor with) but had one of the best defensive ends in the state trying to clog up the middle instead of sealing off the edge. 

Yes the officiating sucked but it didn't determine the outcome of the game. Peevey will have a "come to Jesus" meeting with the coordinators this week and hopefully the line out these issues as they will be traveling to Livingston this week. They won’t be a slouch for sure. 

Don’t sell them short.  They’re tremendous slouches.*

*In honor of the Thornton Melon’s actor’s superior role.

2 hours ago, Will Cleveland said:

I agree with your opinion! They are high octane in all facets of the game.  Very fast and shifty! There receivers run well after the catch, and they are very quick!

There wide out will burn you, if not played correctly.  QB makes good choices.  Got to play mistake free football against them.  There defense is quick!  Having shared this they can be beat.  Anybody can be be beat!

I’m sorry, what team are you talking about?

Sorry guys for not being around much. I am on 7 12s graveyards for a turnaround. I just waned to say congrats on a huge win to Vidor. What an impressive game. Coach Matthews deserves a lot of credit for getting Vidor ready for this game because LCM is legit. Congrats again. 

44 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Do the Vidor peeps wanna keep celebrating this win or move on to next week?? 12 pages and the games been over for like 3 days now! Just saying. 

44 minutes ago, Raider24 said:

Do the Vidor peeps wanna keep celebrating this win or move on to next week?? 12 pages and the games been over for like 3 days now! Just saying. 

Majority people posting aren’t Vidor Fans, Lock it up if you want too. Just saying.