Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

That's the million dollar question. How many have been thwarted before they were carried out? 

what I am not getting is how he was able to enter the school. According to the CNN story I read, he was engaged by police officers after he crashed a car in a ditch near the school.  Body armor they say he had on and more fire power(rifle/s)?  It just seems like he should have been stopped.

Sadly he wasn't. 

But I guarantee this, those guns didn't kill anyone by themselves. Fortunately, before even more tragedy guns stopped him.

9 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

This was truly very sad and heartbreaking all around.  My prayers go out to all families involved.  I’m glad the shooter was put out of his misery.

And on another note, I feel that the Buffalo shooter should’ve gotten blown away as well.  He was peaceful taken away…

He should have suffered too,1 fingernail at a time…he’s a disgusting mess that deserves some of what he dished!

You can’t legislate the hate in an individual’s heart. It’s a heart problem, not a gun problem. There’s armed Air Marshals on flights, we need armed school teachers in our schools. Teachers should be given that freedom to arm themselves. If teachers don’t want arm themselves they should be given that freedom too.

Last November, a racially motivated mass killing happened in Wisconsin at a Christmas parade. CNN of course, blamed "THE CAR", instead of the killer Darrell Edward Brooks Jr., for mowing down little children and a group of elderly women. 

No one, and I mean NO ONE voiced support for taking cars away from the public.  

If guns really are the issue here, why does the places with the most restrictive gun laws, like Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore have the most murders and highest crime rates?   

12 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Last November, a racially motivated mass killing happened in Wisconsin at a Christmas parade. CNN of course, blamed "THE CAR", instead of the killer Darrell Edward Brooks Jr., for mowing down little children and a group of elderly women. 

If guns really are the issue here, why does the places with the most restrictive gun laws, like Chicago, Detroit, and Baltimore have the most murders and highest crime rates?   

The end goal of the Democrats is…wait for it….

to·tal·i·tar·i·an·ism

/tōˌtaləˈterēəˌnizəm/

Learn to pronounce

noun

a system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.

8 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Well dang

i was hoping y’all were wrong…..that’s has to be a record…..it just happened.

Now come on (shame on me)of course they are gonna use this….they use evil to promote evil.

maybe if the major news outlets would show y’all pictures of the dead babies that are killed everyday ……..well then again probably not.  Life is precious ……..or is it not? 

Why is your last paragraph even mentioned in this thread? Yes abortion is bad in a huge majority of the cases, but it's also not a good look for the other side when there's a mass shooting instead of focusing on the issue at hand deflect or compare to another issue 

Look, I got quite a few weapons AR, AK etc so don't go left field and tell me  anti 2nd amendment etc... but there needs to be some things put in place or safety measurements to TRY and prevent these things... I can't even imagine loosing my 11 year old to this type of behavior.... sick society we live in

I completely agree with armed teachers if they are willing.

But…..

Twenty armed police on campus can’t stop a person that has time to plan.

It was not an elementary school but the deadliest school shooting in US history  (not the most in a mass murder which was not with firearms) was Virginia Tech. They had their own police department which responded within moments.  The attacker, since he had time to plan, eliminated the threat of the police for long enough to do his killing.  The fix was about $5 worth of chain and a padlock.  And what weapons? AR15? AK47? No, a .22 pistol and a 9mm with the.22 being little more than a tiny bullet generally used to target practice. 

Harden the schools,  arm the teachers but realize you cannot stop a dedicated attacker who can choose the time, location, means, etc. Unless you take away all guns, you cannot stop shootings, period. Even if you could, you couldn’t stop a mass murder, only the means. 

10 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

The left seems to be going straight to gun control and passing laws before letting the parents mourn. 

I hope I’m wrong but it’s almost like they didn’t get enough traction on Roe versus Wade, they are going to attempt to capitalize on this tragedy 

I can’t begin to say how shameful it is to use this tragedy for any political purpose.  Everyone should be offering condolences and attempting to help victims.  Instead we have some immediately preaching gun control.  How heartless.  Smdh

2 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

I can’t completely agree with armed teachers if they are willing.

But…..

Twenty armed police on campus can’t stop a person that has time to plan.

It was not an elementary school but the deadliest school shooting in US history  (not the most in a mass murder which was not with firearms) was Virginia Tech. They had their own police department which responded within moments.  The attacker, since he had time to plan, eliminated the threat of the police for long enough to do his killing.  The fix was about $5 worth of chain and a padlock.  And what weapons? AR15? AK47? No, a .22 pistol and a 9mm with the.22 being little more than a tiny bullet generally used to target practice. 

Harden the schools,  arm the teachers but realize you cannot stop a dedicated attacker who can choose the time, location, means, etc. Unless you take away all guns, you cannot stop shootings, period. Even if you could, you couldn’t stop a mass murder, only the means. 

Your correct, it wouldn’t completely stop the shooting from taking place but I believe it could minimize the deaths. Every life saved is worth teachers being allowed to be armed at school. Like I mentioned earlier. Do you think that individual would go to a gun show an start shooting people? Most likely not but if he did he most certainly would know he’s about to commit suicide. My point is that these cowards go into schools knowing they can do mass damage but if it was put out to the public in that community that the school teachers in that district are packing then I think they would think twice about it. But that’s just my opinion. It has to be gut wrenching thinking about what those families are going through this morning. Prayers for these families.

10 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

Sad part is,  kids and innocent people are dying and all we here is the left and right blaming each other.... SMH divide and conquer 

Welcome to politics 

Nobody blaming anyone, simply pointing out the left if using this to push gun control, which if enacted, would cause more damage.  This isn’t both sides, it’s all on democrats.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Nobody blaming anyone, simply pointing out the left if using this to push gun control, which if enacted, would cause more damage.  This isn’t both sides, it’s all on democrats.

Thank You, the Right refuses to negotiate with Stupid an that’s blaming each other? How’s that work?

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Just what I figured, should've known by the comments on here its all the democrats fault these young kids are dying and this is the new norm... guess we should get use to it GTFOH

32 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Common sense is not allowed.

6 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

Did I say you? Go back and read this thread, yes it's being compared to abortion

You addressed me. If someone else made a comparison then that’s their opinion. Address them. It’s not a far fetched comparison. Innocent life is being taken. So what’s your point?

This why your side can’t be taken seriously.

10 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

Just what I figured, should've known by the comments on here its all the democrats fault these young kids are dying and this is the new norm... guess we should get use to it GTFOH

The blame should go to the person pulling the trigger. I was in New York last week and on the way home I was talking with the family about how safe the subway was. Everybody was extremely friendlyThe blame should go to the person pulling the trigger. I was in New York last week and on the way home I was talking with the family about how safe the subway to work. Everyone we met was extremely friendly. A few days ago a person was randomly shot and killed in a subway train unprovoked according to the media. New York is one of the strictest gun law states in the country….more laws are not going to work…..blame the person

35 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Your correct, it wouldn’t completely stop the shooting from taking place but I believe it could minimize the deaths. Every life saved is worth teachers being allowed to be armed at school. Like I mentioned earlier. Do you think that individual would go to a gun show an start shooting people? Most likely not but if he did he most certainly would know he’s about to commit suicide. My point is that these cowards go into schools knowing they can do mass damage but if it was put out to the public in that community that the school teachers in that district are packing then I think they would think twice about it. But that’s just my opinion. It has to be gut wrenching thinking about what those families are going through this morning. Prayers for these families.

I went back and edited it a couple of minutes after I posted the comment. It was supposed to say I completely agree with arming the teachers.

The predicted text feature added “can’t”.  

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead