Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

When, as a society, are we going to realize that we created these monsters. It started with taking prayer out of school, then timeout, then not being able to discipline your child or face jail time, then comes the woke crowd who gets their panties twisted over anything. Now our kids don’t know what sex they are. I mean, how much more can we confuse them? And kids, they can be cruel. This kid was a loner/outcast. Not being accepted by one’s peers can cause people to lash out. Not making excuses for his actions, just trying to figure how stuff like this happens. A child left to figure right from wrong by themself will lean towards evil/wrong 99% of the time. These kids nowadays don’t have the fear of God in them.

Gun control is a political battle and will have absolutely no effect on issues like this. I am a law abiding gun owner. Why is it always my fault someone decided to commit mass murder?

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So every person that was going to buy a gun, you would have someone sift through all their social media to look for any kind of warning sign?

They'd have to create some type of algorithm that can search for warning signs. They have that now, I said I was going to "burn the house down" auto correct changed bring to burn when I was typing it and I was banned from FB for 5 days.  

If I say I'm going to kill my grandmother or shoot up a school, I would hope that would trigger something. 

1 minute ago, baddog said:

When, as a society, are we going to realize that we created these monsters. It started with taking prayer out of school, then timeout, then not being able to discipline your child or face jail time, then comes the woke crowd who gets their panties twisted over anything. Now our kids don’t know what sex they are. I mean, how much more can we confuse them? And kids, they can be cruel. This kid was a loner/outcast. Not being accepted by one’s peers can cause people to lash out. Not making excuses for his actions, just trying to figure how stuff like this happens. A child left to figure right from wrong by themself will lean towards evil/wrong 99% of the time. These kids nowadays don’t have the fear of God in them.

Gun control is a political battle and will have absolutely no effect on issues like this. I am a law abiding gun owner. Why is it always my fault someone decided to commit mass murder?

When do you think society went wrong? TVC gave an example of the biggest mass death was in I believe he said 1927.  

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

Who is saying it's your fault? I also am a law abiding gun owner.  

You're NEVER going to lose your right to bear arms, it's in the constitution.

I'm saying and most people are also saying - There has to way to be able to regulate it better than we're doing now.  I don't have the answers, but something isn't working because ANOTHER school is being shot up.  

I'm also trying to research countries (comparable to size with the US) to see their mass shootings vs. their gun laws to compare. 

7 minutes ago, baddog said:

Gee, I thought I time lined it.

I actually don't disagree with you - but I do not believe that's main issue.

Per TVC

I had mentioned this previously. What is the deadliest school attack in United States history? It was almost 100 years ago, in 1927.

How many firearms were used? None.

A 55 year old man lost a school board election and was angry at the world. He used dynamite and killed 38 children at school. He sat back and waited until rescuers rushed in to help, then he drove a pick up truck loaded with dynamite into the people  and detonated that, killing and injuring more.

Counting the perpetrator who committed suicide in the explosion, there are 48 dead and 53 injured. It is 101 casualties at a school where no firearms were used.

That was in Bath, Michigan.

20 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

If I say I'm going to kill my grandmother or shoot up a school, I would hope that would trigger something. 

How long would it take to respond to a threat like that found on FB? I'm not saying it isn't worthy of consideration, just questioning how effective it would be...

1 hour ago, Yeoj said:

You do realize the Constitution has more than just two amendments right? So are those two the only amendments "true conservative Republicans" care about?

No, it’s the two amendments that most seem threatened.

How much of an issue is the right to privacy in your home and entry has to be with your consent or a warrant signed by a magistrate, the right to an attorney or the right not to give a statement?

To try to claim otherwise is a straw man argument. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

Jeez.....

For what it's worth, there used to be a gun/liquor store right off of main street in Uvalde.  Literally... guns and liquor.  

My favorite overpriced sporting goods store is/was (?) in Uvalde… Oasis Outback.

22 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

They'd have to create some type of algorithm that can search for warning signs. They have that now, I said I was going to "burn the house down" auto correct changed bring to burn when I was typing it and I was banned from FB for 5 days.  

Here goes that slippery slope......Remember when the media AND the White House decided the Hunter Biden laptop was disinformation? So much so, the DOJ ignored it......or what about the Russian Collusion that has now been proven false.....This is the same thing that could happen to your gun rights if you want the Government interrupting your social media.  The Biden admin would red flag every Republican that thinks the election was rigged or that protested at the Capitol........

1 minute ago, thetragichippy said:

Here goes that slippery slope......Remember when the media AND the White House decided the Hunter Biden laptop was disinformation? So much so, the DOJ ignored it......or what about the Russian Collusion that has now been proven false.....This is the same thing that could happen to your gun rights if you want the Government interrupting your social media.  The Biden admin would red flag every Republican that thinks the election was rigged or that protested at the Capitol........

That's a fair assessment and honestly not far fetched.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

No way I would go for this.  The last thing I would want is some minimum wage government fool deciding on whether or not my social media (don't have any myself) was acceptable.  This would be another tool like the IRS that some administration would use to punish someone that posted they were a Trump fan or that biden is an idiot.

No way.

They are far from minimum wage, just sayin’…..

At one time government workers were thought to get less pay but better benefits so it was a trade off.  Now it might be pay and benefits.

6 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

My favorite overpriced sporting goods store is/was (?) in Uvalde… Oasis Outback.

My grandpa's deer lease was in Uvalde, and I have vivid memories of him bitching about Oasis' deer corn prices when he would forget to pick some up at Buc-cees on the way in lol. 

Possibly, but only by law enforcement.  Something like this could be weaponized very easily.

Maybe TVC can enlighten us as to whether or not this is done already.

I would think that legal immigrants are vetted before entry is allowed but don’t know. The majority is probably not people who applied, filled out their application and waited in line. 

59 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

In this case it seems like the police employed by Uvalde ISD completely forgot their training. I'm having a very difficult time figuring out how the shooter was able to step foot inside the school if he was confronted by multiple members of law enforcement.

I have no clue as to the sequence of events but what training are you suggesting that they forgot?

45 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

How long would it take to respond to a threat like that found on FB? I'm not saying it isn't worthy of consideration, just questioning how effective it would be...

It would not take long. I was directly involved in such an investigation which fortunately turned out to be negative. We got information of an online threat and jumped all over it and had what we needed within an hour or so should we have needed to act. That is not the end or nearly all of the investigation but it gives enough to start confronting someone and doing some fairly quick intervention.

So every person that was going to buy a gun, you would have someone sift through all their social media to look for any kind of warning sign?

That would be a nearly impossible task since you would have to find their social media and have them admit that it was theirs. I know as background checks we have checked social media pages but you never know if someone has something hidden under a false identity.

To expect at the point of a gun sale to start checking someone’s thousands of posts on maybe a dozen different social media sites, would be an almost impossible task. If assuming that became a standard, people would simply start with a falsified name in that post under their true identity. Maybe while on the way to perpetrate an act they might change to their real identity or something like that but unfortunately, these people aren’t stupid.

39 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I think it was during the Obama administration that many conservative organizations tried to get 501(c)(3) non-profit tax exemptions and were repeatedly denied but when looking into it, similar liberal groups were easily certified.