Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

I notice several post referring to “value of life cheapened”.  I mentioned it in my last post.  Rush, and others, kept saying that abortion would do that.  And I’ll repeat my reaction at the time, an eye-roll.  Well my eyes are no longer rolling.  I’m embarrassed at how wrong I was back then, and sad at how right Rush & others were.  And Gayle King’s responses show the utter hypocrisy of the Left.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I agree, you can't.

It's pretty amazing how composed some of these children remained during this, even helping others.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I agree, you can't.

It's pretty amazing how composed some of these children remained during this, even helping others.

Saw them interviewing a boy in class. Had a table with a cover on it.  He got his friend to crawl under with him & they hid there.  Kudos to that young fellow.  

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m well aware that a rifle is just a tool made of iron and wood… it’s a hard heart that kills. 

I also understand the 2A as my right to protect myself from enemies… whether they are an intruder or a tyrannical government. AR owner here. 

But is there anything else that we should be doing legislatively? I’ve made a few personal suggestions (lock your guns, don’t sell them to strangers, etc…) but it seems like this kid followed the law, and even if this retailer (who I’m certain is losing quite a bit of sleep) hadn’t sold this rifle to this kid, the kid was going to get his hands on one sooner or later. 

Does anybody have any workable ideas or suggestions that would make these scenarios less likely?

That is the billion dollar question. I wish someone knew. 

15 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That is the billion dollar question. I wish someone knew. 

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who's walking around thinking "this is really messed up.... I wonder if we SHOULD be thinking about options?"

I don't see any that wouldn't infringe upon the 2A, but I'd be interested in hearing any that might be floated. 

Just now, CardinalBacker said:

I wonder sometimes if I'm the only one who's walking around thinking "this is really messed up.... I wonder if we SHOULD be thinking about options?"

I don't see any that wouldn't infringe upon the 2A, but I'd be interested in hearing any that might be floated. 

It never hurts to listen. Unfortunately, everything gets turned into a political mess. 

10 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Looks like he walked in through an unlocked door.

This is the hidden content, please

From the article:

"We will find out as much as we can why it was unlocked, or maybe it (the door) was locked," he said. "But right now, it appears it was unlocked."

The suspect walked into the school and was not confronted by a school resource officer, Escalon said. He said media reports stating otherwise were inaccurate.

47 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

It never hurts to listen. Unfortunately, everything gets turned into a political mess. 

That’s because in this issue  (and most) it is absolutely political.

The Democratic Party has had an agenda for many decades to remove all gun from private ownership. They say that it is not true but their actions and rhetoric  say otherwise.

Handgun, Inc. which later turned into the Brady Campaign originally had on their website that their goal was to remove firearms from private ownership. Of course that eventually lost some support even on the left so they had modified it somewhat. Still you have Beto and others saying I am coming for your guns coming for your magazines etc.

Look at some of the stupidity of the 1990s assault weapons ban. Bayonet lugs? Name a person who has been murdered with a military style rifle with a bayonet  attached to it. It is the same thing with flash suppressors. When the assault weapons ban came out, some A.R. 15 manufacturers simply took the flash suppressor and the bayonet lug off. Barrel shrouds? Same thing. It is this kind of stuff that shows the silliness of the politics. YouTube videos search over politicians pushing for some of these things and when asked  what they mean, they have no clue whatsoever. It’s comical watching some people try to defend their position when they have no clue what their position means.

It is completely political as in, vote for me because…..

There are many conservatives who do not mind the thought background checks or maybe other laws to help prevent violence. Many of those same people are against any new firearm laws or restrictions because they know that each inch they give up it’s just another incu in the door.

Imagine this as a scenario. The Democrats come to a compromise with the Republicans. They say we are going to ban assault type rifles and we are going to restrict all magazines to 10 rounds. To do so however, we will pass a constitutional amendment first stating that no more firearm laws can’t be enacted. This cannot be just a step in the door for a future more severe restrictions. Legally the  only way any other firearm laws could be in existence would be another constitutional amendment which is practically impossible to pass.

For the Democrats who claim that they are not looking to ban all weapons just certain ones, would they go for such a compromise? Once they pass such an amendment and statutory law, all gun control debates cease?

I think the answer is adamantly, no. They can say this is our only issue but I will say I think we all know that it is a lie.

In this case it does not turn political. It already is political.

7 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I've always thought allowing teachers to carry, after going through training, was a good idea.

But if someone gets it in their sick mind to do something like this, it would be almost impossible to stop.

I think armed teachers could at least minimize damage.

Also have specific gates that have to be accessed to enter a campus like a refinery, with campus LE if possible.  I understand this would make drop off and pickup more difficult and would take some logistic problem solving but lots of traffic is managed through plant gates.  I also understand this would be very costly to implement and maintain.

Just throwing it out there.

This is my two cents on teachers with guns.

We all know that the protocol is such a situation in almost every school is a lockdown. Shelter in place behind a locked door. If a teacher is in a room with 20 students and the door is locked but the bad guy forces his way in, the incident stops right there at the door.

As it is now, if a shooter forces his way into a room, the only defense is throwing books at him. I am certainly not against a teacher who sees a gunman walk by that classroom and peaks out to see the gunman’s  back turned, stepping out and bringing the fight to him. Swift and aggressive force is how you can turn the tables on an ambush but I just not “expecting” teachers to take the offensive. If they wish to do so however, go for it. 

52 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Update - Gunman "was not confronted by anybody" while entering school, Texas official says 

I heard that on the news report a few minutes ago. Assuming this information is now correct, that just negated about 50% of the millions of posts about this incident.

Gee…. The original reports were wrong, who would’ve ever thought……

23 hours ago, baddog said:

What I want to know is how this guy bought so much ammo. 

And let’s talk money.  Drives a relatively nice truck.  Has enough money to buy an AR-15 (or reasonable facsimile), a pistol and buku ammunition. Evidently someone was subsidizing his expenditures.  More puzzle pieces.

4 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And let’s talk money.  Drives a relatively nice truck.  Has enough money to buy an AR-15 (or reasonable facsimile), a pistol and buku ammunition. Evidently someone was subsidizing his expenditures.  More puzzle pieces.

I read he stole the truck from his grandmother. 

But also, good point on where he got the money for everything else. 

8 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I like your investigative mind.

I wonder why they pick on the kids. Is it to make it as heinous as possible? Since they are generally on a suicide mission, why take the kids with you? Just put the gun to your head and make the world a better place. 

33 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

Australia has strict gun laws as does the UK neither of which have a higher crime rate than the US. 

Then what seems to be the problem with these 100% Democrat controlled cities with the strictest gun laws?

Like - Chicago, NYC, LA, Baltimore, Detroit, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Seattle, Portland, and on, and on, and on.

I will wait…..

I also blame the parents. If either of my sons had the look in their eyes that this crazed individual had, I would know there is something wrong with him. If he is an introvert, has no friends to speak of, and looks like that, I would seek help for him. It might not stop it (nothing can), but I at least tried. 
Maybe his parents are worthless and he had to live with grandma. I’m grasping, I know, but it’s a very possible scenario. Haven’t heard from the parents.