Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

1 minute ago, Unwoke said:

Kinda busy at work right now as I too work for a living. I’ll dig into your little article to fit your narrative later but this is from your own article that you posted.

“While many factors may impact why one state has a higher homicide rate than another, it’s hard to deny that gun violence in America needs to be addressed.”

I know - That's why I posted it - It gives an actual explanation vs. just a blanket statement.  

1 minute ago, Bobcat1 said:

Now, this is worth debating! 

And that is absolutely the problem with gun control and the people who are conservative who are generally against it. It is the foot in the door or the slippery slope.

Oh, you have OCD, you have a mental issue?

Oh, you have anxiety attacks?

Oh, you have insomnia?

Anytime someone says, can we all agree…. they are probably setting up a trap. 

43 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

I have a pistol, FN-57, that holds 20 rounds in a standard double-stacked clip. It's very accurate...actually once used by the Secret Service. It's not an assault rifle, but I would pit myself against a guy carrying an AR-15 any day of the week. It's not the assault rifles or any rifles for that matter that is the problem. I can take a standard carbine with a 10 round clip and have just as much portability, have a duffle bag full of clips and have just as much firing capacity.

Folks, we have a MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE on our hands... Btw, Timothy McVeigh was not using an assault rifle.

I don't think anyone here is arguing mental health issue here... the argument is how do you prevent these mentally ill ppl who throw up red flags for the world to see how do you keep them from getting a weapon and killing? Like I said earlier I guess we'll just wait for the next school shooting and see how many innocent lives are taken... 

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Really not too concerned about what you can't stand, the left wants to make this about guns, specifically "assault rifles", when that is not the problem.

You seem to be in the crowd that would be willing to give the left an inch to appease them...it won't.

If you take all the "assault rifles" away will they be satisfied...absolutely not.

By the way, I can assault you with a BB gun, and you can bet that will be used if we give in and keep going down this road.

So you're okay if events like the one in Uvalde keep happening? 

There's going to come a time when law abiding gun owners are going to have to come up with a better answer than "no."  If you have no suggestions of how to make it stop other than "we need to put prayer back in schools" or "shall not be infringed," you're going to lose the argument in the long run. 

6 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There's going to come a time when law abiding gun owners are going to have to come up with a better answer than "no."  If you have no suggestions of how to make it stop other than "we need to put prayer back in schools" or "shall not be infringed," you're going to lose the argument in the long run. 

Not sure how you come up with the ridiculous assumption that I'm ok with what happened.

And I would say that putting prayer back in the schools would be a good move that could reach some of these kids that may not hear it at home.  Moral degradation is a big part of what is happening.  We have killed millions in the womb for convenience and many don't bat an eye. Life is cheap to many. 

And "shall not be infringed" should definitely apply...you have it wrong, as many have stated, this isn't a gun problem.

I certainly don't see you presenting any solutions other than pointing at the gun crowd.

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Best place to start, bring back (build) the Insane Asylums (see my recent post on Asylums).  Virtually all of these mass shooters are deemed mentally disturbed.  Unfortunately either the meds aren’t working or the Loons are taking their meds.  I don’t like the idea of asylums, but I don’t see where society has a choice.

1 minute ago, CardinalBacker said:

It'll be here quicker than we know it at this rate! 1 side yells shall not be infringed, Pro 2nd amendment etc... all these generations growing up dealing with this stuff and worrying will change things if we don't

Ppl say ok, he could've chose a vehicle to run through a crowd.. even vehicles these days have sensors that will automatically brake for you if your bout to hit something or whatever, I know that's neither here nor there just a matter of things are changing daily for safety purposes...

It's hard to keep someone from getting a weapon if they want it and to do damage, but let's take a different angle at this: let's say he didn't pass the test to be able and purchase the AR's and all the ammo as soon as he turned 18, and he went and bought or borrowed from a friend or whoever with alot of ammo...  RED FLAG and whoever denied him the weapon shouldve alerted that... I'm not sure if that would help but surely we can do better 

For someone to shoot up a school with innocent children is a chicken $### and should've been shot once so they can subdue him and then hang him for the world to see and put that in the mind of the next idiot 

2 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not sure how you come up with the ridiculous assumption that I'm ok with what happened.

And I would say that putting prayer back in the schools would be a good move that could reach some of these kids that may not hear it at home.  Moral degradation is a big part of what is happening.  We have killed millions in the womb for convenience and many don't bat an eye. Life is cheap to many. 

And "shall not be infringed" should definitely apply...you have it wrong, as many have stated, this isn't a gun problem.

I certainly don't see you presenting any solutions other than pointing at the gun crowd.

Well, if you're unhappy with something and unwilling to do anything about it, then you are in fact okay with it.   That's just common sense. 

I hear what you're saying... but that also would mean that we should be able to own a fully automatic machine gun if we wished.  There are restrictions in place on those (or at least you have to have a license to own one) and I think that the common sense of most people would point towards a consensus that the restrictions on automatic weapons are good thing... even if it "infringes" on your right to shoot up a school. 

When there are so many school shootings going on that we can't even keep track of them all anymore, it's getting a little late to keep sticking our heads in the sand as gun owners and saying "I don't care about those kids.... I've got my rights, you know."  Because that's kinda what's happening these days.  

7 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

How is it NOT a gun issue?

I've showed that other countries with strict gun laws and regulations have less gun violence. 

Well, if you're unhappy with something and unwilling to do anything about it, then you are in fact okay with it.   That's just common sense. 

I hear what you're saying... but that also would mean that we should be able to own a fully automatic machine gun if we wished.  There are restrictions in place on those (or at least you have to have a license to own one) and I think that the common sense of most people would point towards a consensus that the restrictions on automatic weapons are good thing... even if it "infringes" on your right to shoot up a school. 

When there are so many school shootings going on that we can't even keep track of them all anymore, it's getting a little late to keep sticking our heads in the sand as gun owners and saying "I don't care about those kids.... I've got my rights, you know."  Because that's kinda what's happening these days.  

So what’s your solution, tell me how you would stop this.

Im also tired of hearing and the go to argument about abortion when these discussions are being had... it's been mentioned on here multiple times SMH

Just now, Bobcat1 said:

I've showed that other countries with strict gun laws and regulations have less gun violence. 

FWIW, when I purchased my last AR online the local FFL holder literally said "check them all _______ except for the last one and sign here" or something to that affect.  I'm really starting to get the opinion that we need to hold retailers responsible when events like this happens.  If you overserve somebody at a bar, you get charged if they drive off and kill somebody.  I'm kinda getting the same feeling about gun dealers and individuals who sell/give away their guns.  If that gun dealer in Uvalde knew that he faced prison time if that goth kid in the black trench coat came in wanting to buy a couple of ARs and few hundred rounds of ammo (a humongous red flag, IMO).... this whole thing might not have happened.  Kinda like when I was watching the news on the morning after the shooting in Vegas and listening to the gunfire I instantly said "holy crap.... that's full auto."  Then some 2A nutjob that manufactures the "bumpstocks" comes on trying to explain how it ISN'T an automatic weapon, but rather a semi-auto that fires itself and I thought to myself... "this jerk has to know that these things will only be used for one thing... spraying a crowd... and he's trying to defend it.  

The gun owners are losing the argument and their too stubborn to realize it. 

It's time to make some changes that don't involve point our fingers at the other guys. 

26 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

I don't think anyone here is arguing mental health issue here... the argument is how do you prevent these mentally ill ppl who throw up red flags for the world to see how do you keep them from getting a weapon and killing? Like I said earlier I guess we'll just wait for the next school shooting and see how many innocent lives are taken... 

The simple answer is "You can't". 

Just now, 45thSucks said:

Wonder why other countries don't have this problem 🤔? Mind boggling 

That's a fair question too. But until someone takes an unbiased look into that answer and ALL are willing to act on the solution, we might as well be kicking rocks. Nope, this issue will continue to be politicized to push agendas from the left & right and nothing will happen.

13 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

It's only a gun issue because guns are available. If you ban all guns then another form of attack will come. Vehicles, bombs, chemicals, fire.... I will repeat, it is a mental health issue. Let's go to the source of the murders to fix this instead of blaming how it was carried out.