Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

2 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

There’s a little difference between a car and an AR. 

BUT… if someone comes into a motorcycle dealer and says “I’d like to buy a motorcycle. I’ve always wanted one. How about that ZX14?” You’re probably gonna get sued if you sell it to him knowing that he’s way too inexperienced for a rig like that and he kills himself on it. Gun dealers and manufacturers have enjoyed immunity for selling guns that ended up being used criminally, but I’ve got a feeling that era is coming to a close in light of the settlement with the Sandy Hook parents. 

I made a similar argument about a bartender over serving and was told by TVC that the difference is that it’s illegal to sell to someone who’s inebriated. The easy work around is to pass a law that it’s illegal to sell to a mass shooter, right? 

i believe that there is/was a window for gun rights advocates to clean up their own house but that window is closing. 

Gun nuts are literally yelling “don’t blame the fentanyl… it’s not the drug’s fault so many people are overdosing.”

You really have a warped sense of values. Your analogies fall flat most of the time. I wonder why teens didn’t shoot up schools in the old west?

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

You keep missing exactly what I’m saying…but you’re agreeing partially without even realizing it. 

New gun laws aren’t the answer. Gun owners, dealers, and lobbyists need to take the lead in policing themselves or whatever you want to call it. 

That’s what I’ve been trying to say all along. 

Lock up your guns. Yes, your little is Johnny is no different than Ramos…. I don’t care if you have taught him all about firearm safety. Don’t sell your personal guns to anyone you don’t already trust with your life. Dealers and manufacturers need to be responsible. 

The problem is that whenever you try to talk common sense with a gun nut, all he can say is some regurgitated mess about the second amendment and those darned democrats. 

This weekend we’re remembering those brave service men/women that gave their lives protecting our freedom. We should also be remembering all of the kids who’ve died (and will continue to die) so we can keep sticking our head in the sand and pretending that this isn’t a gun issue. 

The liberals all argue that we don’t have a drug problem in America… we have an addiction/mental health problem. In fact, drugs should be readily available to anyone that wants them. You know, even open stores where you can buy them without an ID. 

And we all agree that those politicians are stupid and cause the issues that we have in major cities… homelessness, crime, etc.

What happens if you mix up that narrative a little bit?

The gun guys all argue that we don’t have a gun problem in America… we have an addiction/mental health problem. In fact, guns should be readily available to anyone that wants them. You know, even open stores where you can buy them without even registering them.  

It sounds trite, but guns ARE a huge part of the problem.  Could this have happened with one man and a musket? One man with a sword? 21 people murdered with a pocketknife? The fact that it’s so easy for a whacko to get his hands on a weapon that is capable of doing this much damage should cause concern for even the most die-hard gun enthusiast.  

Sorry your kids had the potential, mine didn’t not.

If a bad guy is breaking through the window and your kids are home alone and they have you on the phone, what do you tell them?

Call 911 so they can come and make a report?

smh

25 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

BUT… if someone comes into a motorcycle dealer and says “I’d like to buy a motorcycle. I’ve always wanted one. How about that ZX14?” You’re probably gonna get sued if you sell it to him knowing that he’s way too inexperienced for a rig like that and he kills himself on it.

Getting sued does not make it illegal. Unless there is a law, it is not illegal. It is my God given right in a free country to buy whatever I want that is legal......even if I shouldn't. Boats are a great example. I see guys doing 70 over stumps at Toledo and Rayburn and the only reason I was not fishing them out is luck and water level. 

Taking away rights of some Americans to make it difficult for other Americans to harm people is not how this country was set up and won't work.   

6 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Getting sued does not make it illegal. Unless there is a law, it is not illegal. It is my God given right in a free country to buy whatever I want that is legal......even if I shouldn't. Boats are a great example. I see guys doing 70 over stumps at Toledo and Rayburn and the only reason I was not fishing them out is luck and water level. 

Taking away rights of some Americans to make it difficult for other Americans to harm people is not how this country was set up and won't work.   

I guess you forgot about the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004. Last time I checked, the NRA is bankrupt and the next ban won’t have a 10 year expiration. 

Hide and watch. 

15 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You’re the one that seems to think your kids are the same…and you can’t answer a simple question, again.

I’m the one that realizes my kids weren’t special. You don’t realize that you could have easily been a parent standing over your kids casket unable to process a suicide. Or out in front of your house talking to the news about how junior was never like this and you can’t believe that he’s done this awful thing. 

You don’t grasp that in today’s world good fortune has about as much to do with your kids’ success than your “skill” as a parent. Stop patting yourself on the back and thank God above for sparing your ungrateful behind what a lot of other parents have gone through… parents who were just as confident as you are. 

To answer your question (again)… if I buy a good guard dog, say a Rottweiler/Pit mix and he chews my kid’s face off… it’s not the dog’s fault, right?

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I guess you forgot about the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004. Last time I checked, the NRA is bankrupt and the next ban won’t have a 10 year expiration. 

Hide and watch. 

1. When was an assault weapon used?

2. What does the NRA have to do with school shootings?

19 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I’m the one that realizes my kids weren’t special. You don’t realize that you could have easily been a parent standing over your kids casket unable to process a suicide. Or out in front of your house talking to the news about how junior was never like this and you can’t believe that he’s done this awful thing. 

You don’t grasp that in today’s world good fortune has about as much to do with your kids’ success than your “skill” as a parent. Stop patting yourself on the back and thank God above for sparing your ungrateful behind what a lot of other parents have gone through… parents who were just as confident as you are. 

To answer your question (again)… if I buy a good guard dog, say a Rottweiler/Pit mix and he chews my kid’s face off… it’s not the dog’s fault, right?

You make the most ridiculous posts I have ever read.  A parent just lucks out if their kid doesn’t become a mass murderer?

And you didn’t answer the question, how would you have your kids defend themselves if they are home alone?

2 hours ago, 45thSucks said:

You'd probably be surprised at how many folks wouldn't pass a simple test! Until recently you had to have a class to carry a weapon on you... there is laws that should be in place that does nothing to one's rights.... just brain storming here

No harm no foul. The folks that don’t pass the test may not be the ones looking to do harm though. 

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

There’s a little difference between a car and an AR. 

BUT… if someone comes into a motorcycle dealer and says “I’d like to buy a motorcycle. I’ve always wanted one. How about that ZX14?” You’re probably gonna get sued if you sell it to him knowing that he’s way too inexperienced for a rig like that and he kills himself on it. Gun dealers and manufacturers have enjoyed immunity for selling guns that ended up being used criminally, but I’ve got a feeling that era is coming to a close in light of the settlement with the Sandy Hook parents. 

I made a similar argument about a bartender over serving and was told by TVC that the difference is that it’s illegal to sell to someone who’s inebriated. The easy work around is to pass a law that it’s illegal to sell to a mass shooter, right? 

i believe that there is/was a window for gun rights advocates to clean up their own house but that window is closing. 

Gun nuts are literally yelling “don’t blame the fentanyl… it’s not the drug’s fault so many people are overdosing.”

Buddy, that’s about as far a reach as you can get. 

Y’all are all right. Even though gun violence is now the leading cause of death among kids aged 0-19, we don’t need to do a thing. “Not an inch.”

This is the hidden content, please

Not cancer, car accidents, those “home invasions” that Lum keeps pissing his leg over, drug overdoses, drownings, snakebites, getting struck by lightning, choking, or drowning… gun violence. Up 83% in the last decade, but we can’t do a single thing about it as legal gun owners, right?

And if you really believe that nothing should be done, you’re gonna get your feelings hurt in the very near future. 

16 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Y’all are all right. Even though gun violence is now the leading cause of death among kids aged 0-19, we don’t need to do a thing. “Not an inch.”

Not cancer, car accidents, those “home invasions” that Lum keeps pissing his leg over, drug overdoses, drownings, snakebites, getting struck by lightning, choking, or drowning… gun violence. Up 83% in the last decade, but we can’t do a single thing about it as legal gun owners, right?

And if you really believe that nothing should be done, you’re gonna get your feelings hurt in the very near future. 

It's not school shootings,,,,,I bet if you looked at the demographic it's crime/gang and drug violence......and probably isolated to a few major cities with outrageous crime stats....

from your article:

"Nearly two-thirds of youth firearm deaths were from homicides. Strikingly, Black youth had an unprecedented 40 percent increase in firearm fatalities between 2019 to 2020."

59 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Who the heck are you? Threatening law-abiding citizens just because they don’t agree with the BS you post. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

“Not a Millimeter”, After 911 they secured the cockpits, secure our schools.

2 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

“Not a Millimeter”, After 911 they secured the cockpits, secure our schools.

Okay…. What about our churches and grocery stores? Both of which have been shot up in the last two weeks? What about outdoor concerts and nightclubs?

Resource officers aren’t the solution. It’s a good start, but definitely not the fix.