Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

57 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Teachers who carry go through fairly extensive training and a psych evaluation.  

Thanks for this info, I was wondering what the process for clearing teachers to carry was like.

I’m guessing the school district doesn’t pay for the firearm or the training, since most school districts make teachers pay for almost everything else job-related out of pocket?

5 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Thanks for this info, I was wondering what the process for clearing teachers to carry was like.

I’m guessing the school district doesn’t pay for the firearm or the training, since most school districts make teachers pay for almost everything else job-related out of pocket?

LUMBERTON has some armed teachers since 2019

41 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

It seems that emotional issues take away some people’s reasoning ability.

The Texas DPS commander threw the on scene commander, his employee, under the bus. He’s probably trying to protect his own job but that is a different issue.

He said In hindsight it should have been done differently, then added, But I wasn’t there on scene having to face those decisions.

Okay, we have his opinion on record.  What he did not address that I saw was this question. Would breaching that steel door a few minutes earlier have changed the outcome? The tactical team was able to get in with a key. How could they have gotten through that steel door without the key?

There are now reports that children inside the room, who are killed, were making 911 phone calls right before the police entered. The shooter on saying that the police were going to breach the door, then apparently killed the other children.

So why did he not kill all of the children immediately? Was he going to maybe use them for a bargaining chip? Did he not know they were alive until the police entered?

We will likely never know those answers however….. it appears that once the police started to go in, the shooter used his last effort to kill the remaining children. Had the police gone in earlier, would that have changed his decision?

To think otherwise is really stretching the what if question beyond reasonableness.

People are blaming Abbott for laws that were passed in 1927…..smh

8 hours ago, Bobcat1 said:

How is it NOT a gun issue?

I've showed that other countries with strict gun laws and regulations have less gun violence. 

Quick call your Congressman an show him or her what you found so they can start trying to chop away at the 2nd Amendment.

You are obviously someone who thinks we need the government help us save our selves from ourselves. Criminals do not follow LAWS Period.

3 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Despite the fact that this is a hotly debated political issue (gun rights vs. gun control), there comes a point in which we ALL should be talking about ways to reduce the chances of this happening again.  

If your solution is "we're going to take your guns," you're not being reasonable.  If your response is "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED," you're being unreasonable, too.  

Your right. Not a Inch! Like LumRaider Fan stated “Enough will never be enough with the left when it comes to gun control “ I believe that 💯 %.

2 hours ago, baddog said:

I guess I’ll be unreasonable. We are still talking guns and it’s not a gun issue, but here we are. I own an AR but I haven’t killed anyone with it. Anyone who can’t see that difference, well, I feel sorry that they have lost the ability to reason. It’s what separates us from the animal world.

I have already offered up some things I think may have prevented this or, in the least, make it a possibility. I get no response and it goes back to discussing guns.

Just because YOU keep saying that it’s not a gun issue doesn’t mean that it’s not a gun issue. 

“Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean that nobody is out to get me.”

Just because the left wants to disarm us doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t do a single thing to stop that wave of mass shootings. 

Anybody who screams “not an inch is just as stupid as Beto saying that he’s coming for our guns. You’re both fools. 

To add to that thought, any time someone says “you should be responsible if your kid does this… lock up your guns” half a dozen idiots chime in “my children know how to use firearms and wound NEVER do such a thing!” Guess what, Stupid? That’s the exact same thing that every parent of a mass killer said right up until the point at which Lil’ Johnny stormed the library with his parents’ rifle. 

I’ve got a friend who has a kid with Down’s syndrome. She still believes that this kid  (gonna be a sophomore) will be able to drive one day. She won’t…. But her mama can’t admit it. Just like this mom in Uvalde can’t understand that her sweet boy did all of this. 

23 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

“Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean that nobody is out to get me.”

Just because the left wants to disarm us doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t do a single thing to stop that wave of mass shootings. 

Anybody who screams “not an inch is just as stupid as Beto saying that he’s coming for our guns. You’re both fools. 

Your TDS is showing again. The only one screaming is you. What’s more stupid and delusional is that you think you can legislate this from happening again. Talk about STUPID! Mentally Deranged Evil people do not follow laws. Stop pawning this off on law abiding gun owners. Move to the UK or Australia with Bobcat if it bothers you so much.

Tighten entry points at schools and give teachers the freedom to carry. Make it known to the community that teachers are packing. 

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

To add to that thought, any time someone says “you should be responsible if your kid does this… lock up your guns” half a dozen idiots chime in “my children know how to use firearms and wound NEVER do such a thing!” Guess what, Stupid? That’s the exact same thing that every parent of a mass killer said right up until the point at which Lil’ Johnny stormed the library with his parents’ rifle. 

I’ve got a friend who has a kid with Down’s syndrome. She still believes that this kid  (gonna be a sophomore) will be able to drive one day. She won’t…. But her mama can’t admit it. Just like this mom in Uvalde can’t understand that her sweet boy did all of this. 

Seems you’ve lost the argument since you cannot come up with a single common sense “compromise” gun owners can make to stop maniacs like this.

You also don’t seem to grasp that not all teenagers are evil morons that could snap at any minute and shoot up a school.

Answer the question, what can I compromise as a gun owner to stop all this.  Fourth timer asking.

Man this country needs to move more back to the middle! Common sense isn't so common anymore 

If you believe the lefts agenda your to far left, if you believe the rights agenda your to far right: common sense folks are left in the middle looking both ways scratching our head! There's only a handful of ppl discussing this making any sense... the others believe there's no compromising, to bad for the kids at the next school who will have to deal with this... ppl love saying history will repeat itself if we don't learn from the past... we ain't learned nothing, another member made a good point about 9/11 and things that changed soon after and we haven't seen anything in the same category since.... good thing about our school that my kid goes is soon after this happened they sent out a message saying they were doing more to protect our students... we have parking lot security and you have to be buzzed through 2 metal doors with cameras on you to enter school... we had a kid this past year that told some friends he had a list of kids he was going to kill, he also stated he would where all black on the day of the attack... police was notified immediately, they found the note and a pistol in his vehicle... kid got charged and apprehended quickly!

3 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

Man this country needs to move more back to the middle! Common sense isn't so common anymore 

If you believe the lefts agenda your to far left, if you believe the rights agenda your to far right: common sense folks are left in the middle looking both ways scratching our head! There's only a handful of ppl discussing this making any sense... the others believe there's no compromising, to bad for the kids at the next school who will have to deal with this... ppl love saying history will repeat itself if we don't learn from the past... we ain't learned nothing, another member made a good point about 9/11 and things that changed soon after and we haven't seen anything in the same category since.... good thing about our school that my kid goes is soon after this happened they sent out a message saying they were doing more to protect our students... we have parking lot security and you have to be buzzed through 2 metal doors with cameras on you to enter school... we had a kid this past year that told some friends he had a list of kids he was going to kill, he also stated he would where all black on the day of the attack... police was notified immediately, they found the note and a pistol in his vehicle... kid got charged and apprehended quickly!

All good ideas but I haven’t heard what you are planning on giving up as a gun owner to make things better.  I keep hearing compromise but no one will tell me what law abiding gun owners should give up and how it will improve things.  

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

All good ideas but I haven’t heard what you are planning on giving up as a gun owner to make things better.  I keep hearing compromise but no one will tell me what law abiding gun owners should give up and how it will improve things.  

There is no compromising with clowns, everyone who's asking in a sarcastic way what law abiding gun owners should do to prevent the next attack is only looking for a debate on their rights! I'm down for all ideas to protect the youth, I have a 11 year old entering middle school this next year, I'm for whatever it takes to make sure he's safe while out of my responsibility!

Maybe we need to get some retired vets in each community and pay them to secure our schools! 

2 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

There is no compromising with clowns, everyone who's asking in a sarcastic way what law abiding gun owners should do to prevent the next attack is only looking for a debate on their rights! I'm down for all ideas to protect the youth, I have a 11 year old entering middle school this next year, I'm for whatever it takes to make sure he's safe while out of my responsibility!

Maybe we need to get some retired vets in each community and pay them to secure our schools! 

So no ideas?  I can’t get an answer from Bobcat, CB or you on what law abiding gun owners can give up to stop maniacs from doing this, even though I’m told we should compromise.

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So no ideas?  I can’t get an answer from Bobcat, CB or you on what law abiding gun owners can give up to stop maniacs from doing this, even though I’m told we should compromise.

Man I've posted many things law abiding gun owners can do! Don't confuse me with others, I've said many things on the subject that can be done, if it's my child's life or your rights your rights can go to hell for all I'm concerned! I'll say it again, I have 16 guns in total ak's ar's etc... I carry in my vehicle, so yes I believe in guns but I also believe not everyone should own a weapon

And I'll say it again for the kids in the back who are on here struggling to comprehend! The individual deserves blame, at the same time this sick individual shouldn't have been able to get this weapon and carry out this attack.. from all things being brought out about this case if there was any test to pass to purchase this weapon he would've failed, ok so he gets it from a family member or friend even these ppl are saying they would've never guessed he would've bought these weapons so if he were to ask them they would've been curious as to why he needed it and why so much ammo..

Thus brings me back to Stephen paddock, so many signs yet nothing but casualties