Uvalde School Shooting, 21 Dead

tvc184

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can’t stand when people fall into superfluous arguments like “can you tell me what an assault rifle is” like it’s some catch-22 that’s going to help them win a debate. 

Can you define a school shooting? Because that’s what we’re talking about. 
You don’t have to know the difference between an AR15 and an AK47 to have an opinion on kids getting mowed down in class. 

If they ever do enact here, it will be because of gun people who sell bump stocks, scream “what part of SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED do you not understand?” or refuse to at least admit that there are a heck of a lot of innocent people losing their lives via .223/5.56 rounds. 

Just because the left wants to use these shootings as an excuse to disarm law-abiding gun owners (typically conservatives) doesn’t mean that the repeated mass shootings shouldn’t be addressed in any way. 

Really not too concerned about what you can't stand, the left wants to make this about guns, specifically "assault rifles", when that is not the problem.

You seem to be in the crowd that would be willing to give the left an inch to appease them...it won't.

If you take all the "assault rifles" away will they be satisfied...absolutely not.

By the way, I can assault you with a BB gun, and you can bet that will be used if we give in and keep going down this road.

7 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

States with the most gun related homicides 

Louisiana - R

Mississippi - R 

Alabama - R 

Missouri - R 

Maryland - R

South Carolina - R 

Tennessee - R 

Illinois - D 

This is the hidden content, please

Would it make you feel any better if they were pushed out of windows?

22 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

It's coming - I work. 

We’ll while it’s coming. The 2nd Amendment wasn’t created just for school shootings. It was created to protect us against a tyrannical government. Regardless what’s coming it doesn’t change that fact. Tighten up entry points at schools, arm teachers but leave law abiding gun owners out of it. 

Just now, Unwoke said:

We’ll while it’s coming. The 2nd Amendment wasn’t created just for school shooting. It was created to protect us against a tyrannical government. Regardless what’s coming it doesn’t change that fact. Tighten up entry points at schools, arm teachers but leave law abiding gun owners out of it. 

You're preaching to the choir - I've already stated I'm pro 2nd amendment and I also own more than one gun, 

13 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

We’ll while it’s coming. The 2nd Amendment wasn’t created just for school shootings. It was created to protect us against a tyrannical government. Regardless what’s coming it doesn’t change that fact. Tighten up entry points at schools, arm teachers but leave law abiding gun owners out of it. 

You want to arm teachers? How many teachers do you know, personally?  

Also, I'm actually very very for arming teachers, BUT there's a cavoite. 

Heck why don’t we go a head an make it to where all cars sold must only produce enough hp power to go 55 mph. Who needs a car with 700 Hp that goes 200 mph. We can go all day with this silliness. There’s plenty of innocent people that get killed each year by drunk drivers driving sports cars.

9 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Can you tell me what an assault rifle is?

Nice deflection.. you could've simple answered the question, yet you chose not to

But to answer your question since I'm not a coward or chicken #### like yourself 

An assault rifle has many different definitions depending on who you ask

Majority if not all firearms can be considered a "assault rifle" depending on how its modified, rapid fire, magazine fed etc

Now let me ask you since you deflected and quoted me, all these states that have heavy gun laws etc, do they have high crime with guns that shoot 30+ bullets in seconds and school shootings or is it idiots in the streets.. let's try that one, see if you can answer that without another question 

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

What’s an assault rifle? Those cities have the highest homicide rates that are gun related an the strictest gun laws in the US. Aren’t all criminals that shoot people for know reason wether it be on the street or a school idiots?

The type of weapon used is the point here... and b4 you say anything observe, I am a AK, AR, shotgun, pistol etc owning person... to be exact I own 16 guns total... I also know how responsible I should be to own one

Ppl get bent out of shape etc over the 2nd amendment, what about criminals who have a felony and can't possess a weapon anymore, are yall so upset about their rights being taken? Or does the 2nd amendment state something where it's OK to take some individuals rights? Hypocrites everywhere 

6 minutes ago, 45thSucks said:

Nice deflection.. you could've simple answered the question, yet you chose not to

But to answer your question since I'm not a coward or chicken #### like yourself 

An assault rifle has many different definitions depending on who you ask

Majority if not all firearms can be considered a "assault rifle" depending on how its modified, rapid fire, magazine fed etc

Now let me ask you since you deflected and quoted me, all these states that have heavy gun laws etc, do they have high crime with guns that shoot 30+ bullets in seconds and school shootings or is it idiots in the streets.. let's try that one, see if you can answer that without another question 

You didn’t answer the question.

45 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

States with the most gun related homicides 

Louisiana - R

Mississippi - R 

Alabama - R 

Missouri - R 

Maryland - R

South Carolina - R 

Tennessee - R 

Illinois - D 

This is the hidden content, please

Reading all these comments I wouldn't have guessed it was Republi"cants" led states leading the way

16 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Heck why don’t we go a head an make it to where all cars sold must only produce enough hp power to go 55 mph. Who needs a car with 700 Hp that goes 200 mph. We can go all day with this silliness. There’s plenty of innocent people that get killed each year by drunk drivers driving sports cars.

Help me understand - You're saying, because people already drive recklessly we should have zero or limited regulations to driving? 

4 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You didn’t answer the question.

Dictionary

Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

Search for a word

as·sault ri·fle

Learn to pronounce

noun

a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use. 

You want this definition or this one 👇🏾

An assault rifle is a selective fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine.[1][2][3][4][5] Assault rifles were first put into mass production and accepted into widespread service during World War II. The first assault rifle to see major usage was the German StG 44, a development of the earlier Mkb 42.[6][7][8] While immediately after World War II, NATO countries were equipped with battle rifles, the development of the M16 rifle during the Vietnam War prompted the adoption of assault rifles by the rest of NATO. By the end of the 20th century, assault rifles had become the standard weapon in most of the world's armies, replacing full-powered rifles and sub-machine guns in most roles.[8] Some of the most successful assault rifles include the AK-47, M16, IMI Galil and Heckler & Koch G36.

I'm sure neither of these give you the answer you want

20 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I know lots!! Arm teachers that want to be armed it’s there choice.

I again agree with this - but which ones should be allowed to carry?  

Are we letting anyone...or should we MAYBE do a background check....like most employers do....possibly a psych eval? 

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I’ve already pointed out you have reading comprehension skills, please answer the question.

You loss the argument when I asked everyone on here a question and you countered and deflected to your own question towards me... and I give you 3 answers and you still haven't answered my initial question... SMH 🤦🏾‍♂️