Sulphur Springs…/Faircloth hired

navydawg31

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree in the general sense that a 100+ win coach doesn't need backing to get a job. However, if you're a 100+ win coach who has been pushed out by your current administration your new bosses are probably going to want an explanation of mitigating factors. Why would you pass up better jobs that were/are open like Pearland, Coppell, Plano East, Brenham, China Springs, Marshall, etc. for a rebuild job at SS if you're really that sought after? 

Now, SS may be BF's dream job and if I was the supt. I would absolutely hire him because there's probably nobody with a better resume that would apply for a job like that. I would just be very skeptical that you left on your own accord because you like our indoor facility though.  

I see your point .

I do think that some coaches dream job is to resurrect  a dead football program where hey will be loved by all and have job security for the rest of their career  All for a little less money and a LOT less headache,  I don't believe that is the case in this particular situation, however.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Actually, your statement, "pushed out by your current administration" was NOT an arbitrary fact statement on your part.  It was a pretty definite statement.  OK, so you admit you don't know. I thought you did by your statement and I wanted to know what you knew about it.  

Let me explain good and bad for you.  Good:  Let go because the school said the coach has had a enough time to win a State Championship.  Bad:  If a coach is pushed out because of a preconceived buddy deal.

you're still the only football poster on this site who's delusional enough to think that football success should be measured by state championships at PNG.  your explanation of "good and bad" is inherently bad.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

you're still the only football poster on this site who's delusional enough to think that football success should be measured by state championships at PNG.  your explanation of "good and bad" is inherently bad.  

First, you are OK with the bad part of equation of what I said?!  WOW!  Buddy deals are OK with you.  Interesting!

Second, what's delusional, my friend, is not expecting of a coach what a coach expects from himself at the beginning of every football season.  And THAT is a State Championship.  And to further that delusion, when it's not achieve, people blame the kids!  Rarely, here, have we seen the coach blamed.  It's always the kids!  Sure, my expectations are high.  We pay a lot of taxes and the HC gets paid a lot of money.  This is why I would have a time limit.  When one has low expectations, like many here, you will meet those EVERY time!!  It's just like hiring a contractor.  If the expectations are not met, then you find somebody else.  Right!!  So what's the difference?  Sometimes, my friend, we just need to connect the dots!!

49 minutes ago, Reagan said:

First, you are OK with the bad part of equation of what I said?!  WOW!  Buddy deals are OK with you.  Interesting!

Second, what's delusional, my friend, is not expecting of a coach what a coach expects from himself at the beginning of every football season.  And THAT is a State Championship.  And to further that delusion, when it's not achieve, people blame the kids!  Rarely, here, have we seen the coach blamed.  It's always the kids!  Sure, my expectations are high.  We pay a lot of taxes and the HC gets paid a lot of money.  This is why I would have a time limit.  When one has low expectations, like many here, you will meet those EVERY time!!  It's just like hiring a contractor.  If the expectations are not met, then you find somebody else.  Right!!  So what's the difference?  Sometimes, my friend, we just need to connect the dots!!

How’s them new restrooms going at the Multi Million Bulldog Stadium upgrades?

48 minutes ago, Reagan said:

I know you don't honestly believe that every single high school football coach has REALISTIC expectations of winning state before the season starts. 

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

Reagan I get it you are win first kinda guy. State champs and trophy’s and all. But I’d rather a man/coach be honorable in coaching my son. We have enough criminals and immoral people in this world.  A state championship would be great but how about get my son to the next level where he could earn a college scholarship or care about what grades he’s getting in school. I rather a coach teach my son about right and wrong. That’s what's going to help him get through life. There’s been a lot of people get a state championship that ended up in prison like some Dallas Carter players from the 80’s. I mean the way your talking you would hire Coach Rush Prospt which just got the most winning high school team suspended and fined for recruiting players and having booster money pay for housing for the  kids. It’s not right, recruiting  kids and paying parents is not the route I would send my son down. I can name high schools right now that will never get a state championship. They don’t have the athletes across the board and I don’t care what coach you send there the only way your going to win at those certain schools is through recruiting players. 

16 minutes ago, Raider4 said:

LCM is one of the lowest stipends for coaches 

Well when Peevy got hired they gave him more money then Crouch and Crouch was making around 105k. So when he got hired he told the admistration that he needed good coaches And was allowed to bargain the money from what I was told. So he brought  the OC from Westbrook and DC from Orangefield they both got the pay they wanted to come to work at LCM.   LCM pretty much did what Peevy wanted and usually that doesn’t happen but he has friends in administration and imo is very hard worker and a good coach. Now that he got LCM at 11-3 In his first year the community thanks it was worth the money. Peevy does want Turf at football, baseball and soft ball fields. He also wants a 100 yard indoor football facility. I think the indoor facility will probably be a no go. 

1 hour ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Well when Peevy got hired they gave him more money then Crouch and Crouch was making around 105k. So when he got hired he told the admistration that he needed good coaches And was allowed to bargain the money from what I was told. So he brought  the OC from Westbrook and DC from Orangefield they both got the pay they wanted to come to work at LCM.   LCM pretty much did what Peevy wanted and usually that doesn’t happen but he has friends in administration and imo is very hard worker and a good coach. Now that he got LCM at 11-3 In his first year the community thanks it was worth the money. Peevy does want Turf at football, baseball and soft ball fields. He also wants a 100 yard indoor football facility. I think the indoor facility will probably be a no go. 

How do you know what they’re paying him?

@Matti mean I kinda believe it. Why would he leave Bmt Westbrook to take a pay cut? Bmt has more talent then LCM period. He brought them to a state championship game. More money and closer to home only makes sense. I mean I’m from LCM and I don’t see me leaving a more talented team to go to a less talented team unless $$$$ is involved 

6 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I’d want to get out of BISD too. Not a very well ran school district and not up to standards on paying coaches for that classification of school. I would have done the same thing if it was closer to home and better pay to be at one of the bigger schools in a lower classification.

Oh there is no doubt it’s not ran great at all. But the talent pool is there. Peevy got named one of the best High school coaches in the State. He could have gotten a job at a better school anywhere in Texas. Money and being closer to home was the key. If LCM would not have paid the money he could have went off for better money. There is a chance down the road that he will leave because I’m sure LCM has him topped out. 

Oh there is no doubt it’s not ran great at all. But the talent pool is there. Peevy got named one of the best High school coaches in the State. He could have gotten a job at a better school anywhere in Texas. Money and being closer to home was the key. If LCM would not have paid the money he could have went off for better money. There is a chance down the road that he will leave because I’m sure LCM has him topped out. 

I agree with you. He has made a name for himself and will be a hot commodity for years to come. But, if the wife doesn’t want to be far from her parents, he is staying right where he is at. LCM is a good school and a good community so that makes up for a little bit money wise.

40 minutes ago, Coach85 said:

I agree with you. He has made a name for himself and will be a hot commodity for years to come. But, if the wife doesn’t want to be far from her parents, he is staying right where he is at. LCM is a good school and a good community so that makes up for a little bit money wise.

I get where you're coming from here. I'm only commenting as the son of an LC-M grad from a large, long-time Orange family to say that Orange is only a ~30 minute drive from Port Neches. My dad's made the drive back to Orange from Port Neches and Groves for work for going on 41 years. My grandfather went the other way and made the drive to Port Neches from Orange for work for 35 years, famously only being late to work twice (once because the Rainbow Bridge was closed due to a wreck, and once because he agreed to give a work buddy a ride to work and that guy overslept, or at least so he claimed).

If Peevey's wife wants to be close to home, Mid-County is close to home. If she wants to live down the street from her parents, that's a different issue. And that's all assuming, of course, that Peevey is even interested in the job to begin with, which we don't know.