Sulphur Springs…/Faircloth hired

navydawg31

39 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

That sounds like you don't even research THSF? He's beating the kids down there WITH the kids from down there. If you put him in region 3 and give him Crosby's kids or put him in region 2 and give him South Oak Cliff's kids it's a completely different story. SMH. Coach Prieto came from CC Vets which is a great Coastal Bend program now, they haven't been to the semis out of region 4 since the school opened though. However, with Crosby's talent he was able to win region 3 in back to back years. Those Joe's absolutely matter. 

For most of the past 20 years you could've taken those good team down in Corpus and they would've mauled BH and most of the school around here on a regular basis. The "barrio" comment I made wasn't about the school's location itself, it was in regards to people on this board that think certain schools have fallen off because of the growth in the Hispanic population. That's literally 60% of what Danaher had to work with down there, yet he gets knocked because he couldn't beat schools like Manvel and La Marque on a regular basis who had 5X the talent he did. Guess what, the reason Calallen was playing those schools is because NOBODY IN REGION 3 BEAT THEM EITHER. 

Well, that didn't take long. If the Scientist says "the sun rises in the east" you would ramble and argue against me.

Sigh, your antics are old news, and just tiresome, I just don't care... 

BTW that was really cool throwing in the jab about "BH would be mauled" though. It confirms BH is still in your head 24/7/365, the obsession you can NEVER overcome. LOL.      

40 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Uh, not exactly. The RGV teams are almost 100% Hispanic. Calallen is 40% white.

He HAS to compete with Austin, Houston, Dallas if he wants to advance in the playoffs!  Calallen aspires to do more than just beat up on the weak RGV.   

Dude, he went to 12 freaking semifinal games during his time at Calallen. He DID dominate Austin as well as San Antonio. Not to mention Central Texas teams like Brenham whenever they were moved into region 4 with them. He took out a 14-0 College Station team in the semis after they hammered PNG with RJ in the third round. All RGV school are usually out in the first round so they not just "beating up on them", they made their hay in the playoffs whipping up on schools like Alamo Heights and Beorne Champion which have demographics similar to Barbers Hill.  

Just now, Separation Scientist said:

Well, that didn't take long. If the Scientist says "the sun rises in the east" you would ramble and argue against me.

Sigh, your antics are old news, and just tiresome, I just don't care... 

BTW that was really cool throwing in the jab about "BH would be mauled" though. It confirms BH is still in your head 24/7/365, the obsession you can NEVER overcome. LOL.      

Nah, pointing out you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to high school football as usual. I specifically said BH because you probably think y'all can beat those teams down there. I also said "as well as other schools" 

2 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Cha Ching!

LOL!

Yeah, similar as in dang near the exact percentages. Meaning y'all don't have RGV kids and they would still whip y'all the vast majority of years. Pointing out how dumb you sound saying a guy with 422 wins on the Coastal Bend got there by beating up on the RGV. I use BH as an example because you're the one always saying idiotic stuff about things you obviously don't research. 

5 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Yeah, similar as in dang near the exact percentages. Meaning y'all don't have RGV kids and they would still whip y'all the vast majority of years. Pointing out how dumb you sound saying a guy with 422 wins on the Coastal Bend got there by beating up on the RGV. I use BH as an example because you're the one always saying idiotic stuff about things you obviously don't research. 

We need 'Smoking Baby' back on here 😁

On 1/24/2022 at 1:17 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Not fast at all. PNG doesn't have near the talent level comparable to their classification that Carthage does. Plus, Surratt already makes over $150k at Carthage and I doubt PNG can touch that. They would probably feel the same way BH does about Westerberg and his titles at Allen. 

They could touch that dollar amount if they tell the AC it's time to go.  That would free up a lot of money to go towards the New AD/Head Coach job.  But they would not do that.  She would have to go on her own knowing who she is.

13 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

You use BH as an example because you're obsessed with BH 24/7/365, and you hate BH, and BH posters (particularly me) with a passion.  

I know, that's why one of the BH softball moms came and asked me about her daughter working out with my son. That's why your QB's dad just spent an hour in my office(made me miss lunch) talking ball and asking advice on what he should do with his son, because you know, I hate him. Your backup catcher's dad has come by multiple times to ask me to help him with things like PAPF issues and the recruiting process, you know, because I want him to fail. Smh, get out of here with that bs dude. You just don't now ball and I point that out to you, that doesn't mean I hate your entire community. 

19 minutes ago, LonghornforEver said:

They could touch that dollar amount if they tell the AC it's time to go.  That would free up a lot of money to go towards the New AD/Head Coach job.  But they would not do that.  She would have to go on her own knowing who she is.

There's no more money in Carthage than there is in PNG. I would say PNG is actually more well-to-do than Carthage. The difference is the Carthage community/administration chooses to pay Surratt much. So you're right, they could if they "wanted" to. The supervisor running the garage at the local refinery shouldn't be making more than the guy running your school's athletic program IMO. I think it's more of a "We used to pay this guy X amount and win, we don't need those high priced mercenaries" type situation.  

4 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

There's no more money in Carthage than there is in PNG. I would say PNG is actually more well-to-do than Carthage. The difference is the Carthage community/administration chooses to pay Surratt much. So you're right, they could if they "wanted" to. The supervisor running the garage at the local refinery shouldn't be making more than the guy running your school's athletic program IMO. I think it's more of a "We used to pay this guy X amount and win, we don't need those high priced mercenaries" type situation.  

Two big differences.... that local refinery makes money and the school just sucks it out of the community.  

People get rewarded for making it rain.  "The high school coach shouldn't make any more than teacher" is a better comparison.  

5 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Two big differences.... that local refinery makes money and the school just sucks it out of the community.  

People get rewarded for making it rain.  "The high school coach shouldn't make any more than teacher" is a better comparison.  

Well, we have bonds and taxes that support the local schools but I see where you're going. The teacher vs coach comparison is one that's been brought up a bunch, usually by teachers. My question back to them is "Well, how much money do you make the school?".

Say you have a 10k seat stadium and a coach that's built a winning program the community supports. Say it's 65% full on average so 6500 tickets at $7 apiece. That's $45,500 in weekly ticket sales, plus add about 10k for concessions. Multiply $55,500 X 6(home playoff game included) and that's $333,000 that coach brought in that season, plus any merchandising. 

The AD's at some of these programs are running baby corporations on campus. Some of them are making it rain too. 

On 1/24/2022 at 1:17 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

Not fast at all. PNG doesn't have near the talent level comparable to their classification that Carthage does. Plus, Surratt already makes over $150k at Carthage and I doubt PNG can touch that. They would probably feel the same way BH does about Westerberg and his titles at Allen. 

This is an insult to Scott Surratt to think he couldn't do at PNG what he did at Carthage.  The fact of the matter, if you haven't noticed, he went to Carthage and did exactly what you said he can't do at PNG.  He had a "comparable" classification he had to deal with.  For 84 years and 20 coaches, Carthage NEVER won a State Championship.  Surratt comes in and after 1 year, he wins 3 in a row.  I'll ask again -- after 84 years, did the talent just show up when he got there??!!  Not even you can believe that!  There's no doubt in my mind that Surratt would bring a State Title to PNG sooner rather than later!

11 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well, we have bonds and taxes that support the local schools but I see where you're going. The teacher vs coach comparison is one that's been brought up a bunch, usually by teachers. My question back to them is "Well, how much money do you make the school?".

Say you have a 10k seat stadium and a coach that's built a winning program the community supports. Say it's 65% full on average so 6500 tickets at $7 apiece. That's $45,500 in weekly ticket sales, plus add about 10k for concessions. Multiply $55,500 X 6(home playoff game included) and that's $333,000 that coach brought in that season, plus any merchandising. 

The AD's at some of these programs are running baby corporations on campus. Some of them are making it rain too. 

Ok, I hear where you're coming from.... but the educational side (you know, the basis for which schools exist) brings in many, many, many times more dollars (federal, local, and state), none of which the athletic department can take credit for. 

My motto is this.... Educators collectively overestimate their worth.  They always have, and always will.  

7 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Calallen at the "Pinnacle"? Last year they won 1 playoff game (Zapata, who ever that is), year before they went two rounds, Grulla (who ever that is) and Canyon Lake.

Danaher and Calallen has had a very easy glide path though their district, and at least through the first round or two. They can rack up a ton of wins but then they soon go out when the competition is real.  

Put Danaher and Calallen in region 2 or 3 and those 40 years would look different. Still good but much different.    

Calallen was playing with the same caliber players in region 4 as everyone else.   It wasn’t like he was playing with North Shore talent vs everyone else.   But, you’re right, he built a program down there that was the king of region 4 and he ran through the region until he played region 3.   

Not sure it was the coaching that got him beat, it was usually lack of talent.

Not sure about the last 2 years.   I’m sure the early on-set dementia he talked about about doesn’t help any coach.

Either way, it’s a shame he never won one.

14 hours ago, Reagan said:

This is an insult to Scott Surratt to think he couldn't do at PNG what he did at Carthage.  The fact of the matter, if you haven't noticed, he went to Carthage and did exactly what you said he can't do at PNG.  He had a "comparable" classification he had to deal with.  For 84 years and 20 coaches, Carthage NEVER won a State Championship.  Surratt comes in and after 1 year, he wins 3 in a row.  I'll ask again -- after 84 years, did the talent just show up when he got there??!!  Not even you can believe that!  There's no doubt in my mind that Surratt would bring a State Title to PNG sooner rather than later!

Helps when you got a transfer from the west coast and a transfer that got kicked out of another school who happened to be D1. 

I know the SS job was basically a lock for BF with Riordan backing him but man, that Marshall job is open up there too right now. I didn't think Marshall was particularly well coached when we played them this past year, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but they had some legit personnel. With his offensive mindset and Marshall's talent at the skill positions I think he would've produced even better results than he did at PNG. Would've made more money, had better facilities and more talent comparable to the class than he will at SS. I know the safety of the SS job would've been tough to pass up though. 

33 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I know the SS job was basically a lock for BF with Riordan backing him but man, that Marshall job is open up there too right now. I didn't think Marshall was particularly well coached when we played them this past year, especially on the offensive side of the ball, but they had some legit personnel. With his offensive mindset and Marshall's talent at the skill positions I think he would've produced even better results than he did at PNG. Would've made more money, had better facilities and more talent comparable to the class than he will at SS. I know the safety of the SS job would've been tough to pass up though. 

Yeah that surprised me that the ole Marshall HC took the Bastrop job. I've never heard of Bastrop being good in football. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yeah that surprised me that the ole Marshall HC took the Bastrop job. I've never heard of Bastrop being good in football. 

Him and his wife are from that centex area, moved closer to be by family… I wanna say he was the Lake Travis QB coach, before becoming the OC then the head coach of Marshall..

22 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Interesting concept, but you're not taking into account the cost of all of the staff needed for the game, the cost of electricity to run the lights, the cost of all of the equipment for the players, maintenance on the field and stadium, the cost of trainers, etc. etc. etc., not to mention the cost of gas to run the players around in busses, the payment to all of the coaches who wouldn't even be there without football, and many more expenses.  High school football isn't making any money for the overwhelming majority of schools in Texas, it's costing them money.  Each student that shows up to class is drawing ADA money from the state.  while a teacher may not "make money for the school", they actually do the work that schools are designed for.  

4 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Marshall could be a really good job