Why I’m Done

UT alum

I enjoy debating politics, but a debate assumes two sides to an issue. In the history of our nation every president, save possibly George Washington, could have been better. In Trump’s mind, he governs perfectly, and everyone who posts here save a couple, defend every claim of perfection he makes. I’m wasting no more energy stating the opposing position only to be viewed as a “demoncrat”, a “libtard”, or a “dim”. I don’t need that crap in my life. I’ll check back in after Trump gets his ass resoundingly rejected in November. Wish I could say it’s been fun. Adios.

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

I enjoy debating politics, but a debate assumes two sides to an issue. In the history of our nation every president, save possibly George Washington, could have been better. In Trump’s mind, he governs perfectly, and everyone who posts here save a couple, defend every claim of perfection he makes. I’m wasting no more energy stating the opposing position only to be viewed as a “demoncrat”, a “libtard”, or a “dim”. I don’t need that crap in my life. I’ll check back in after Trump gets his ass resoundingly rejected in November. Wish I could say it’s been fun. Adios.

Perhaps introspection is in order?   Maybe you didnt do a good enough job of making your case?   I know, I know, the left is never guilty of that and is intellectually superior ( that attitude has gotten them to where they are today) But I can certainly understand your decision to depart.  This will give you more time to think about what statues should be taken down and allow you additional time to spend on Thinkprogress.org

When did you debate politics? You usually just completely ignored other people's points while spouting propaganda. I really wouldn't call that debate. 

Boo hoo. Take your basketball and go home.

No one thinks Trump is perfect. Who said that? When EVERYTHING you say is anti-Trump, is that really being political? That is just a baby trying to get his way. When he doesn’t, he pouts and goes home...... case in point.

He’s frustrated because he’s outnumbered, and constantly under attack and is an indefensible position.   I post on a very predominantly liberal FB Timeline.   Probably more outnumbered than UT alum, but you know what - I’m able to respond with facts that they can’t refute.   Y’all would be surprised how uninformed most liberals are.   They watch CNN & MSNBC so they hear what they want to hear, but they don’t hear the real news.  They’re so exasperated when I post things they had no idea happened.   What a sad lot.

i hear this four or five times a year in a number of our forums.  Posters, usually those that like to pick fights with others, come on and announce that they have had it with this site and claim that they are leaving. There is one common thread among them.......they always reappear as if they never posted messages like this.

Oh, wait, there is a second......the administrators (and usually those members that remain) really care less than the poster thinks they do about their leaving.

14 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

i hear this four or five times a year in a number of our forums.  Posters, usually those that like to pick fights with others, come on and announce that they have had it with this site and claim that they are leaving. There is one common thread among them.......they always reappear as if they never posted messages like this.

Oh, wait, there is a second......the administrators (and usually those members that remain) really care less than the poster thinks they do about their leaving.

Even ones who trash this site on other social media sites or message boards come back to us eventually. ;)

If I had a dollar for every time I read the comment "I'm done with this site".

I actually know UT alum personally. He is actually a good guy and pretty smart. Don't agree with some of his views but debate is good for the board.

9 hours ago, UT alum said:

Biden defeating Trump?  Laughable!

9 hours ago, UT alum said:

I bet there is not one Trump backer here that defends every claim of perfection he makes.  I think all have said, at one time or another, that Trump would be served to shut up in some instances.

Is there anyone left to defend the left? I've tried to get some Democrats to join the conversation. But no, they just troll and tell me how stupid this is. Their argument is this site is full of nothing but conservatives. And that @UT alumand "the nurse" just keep getting insulted by everyone else. Perhaps introspection is in order.

Football can't get here soon enough.

On 4/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, UT alum said:

I don’t blame you. You’re the “Juan Williams” of this board. The hatefulness and name-calling is really unnecessary most of the time. But man, you gotta realize...some of the stuff you’re “side” is spewing is so totally vile and offensive to conservatives that it’s hard to control. I wish you the best. I would not personally give up on good debate. It’s healthy for everyone. Good luck. 

A serious question UT: Do you really think Biden is gonna hand Trump’s ass to him, or are you just speaking out of anger or frustration? Honest answer please. You can PM me if you want to stay off the board.