Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC

11 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Hope little Jerry's dad  knows how to smooth current QB because he's a pure athlete -reminds me  of Jalen Hurts.( very powerful kid just getting stronger every year can play  both ways.) heard he was going to transfer until he found out Ware quit. 

Foster will still be the focal point of the offense, just from a more dynamic position. He will benefit greatly from the addition of Jr and Dayton could be very very good very quickly. Especially with Prieto getting a jump start on installing his system by starting on March 4. Fun times in bronco land!!

This is huge. The difference in Crosby when he was there was immediate and obvious. Dayton is going to take a massive step forward and make that district a lot more interesting. 

One question: Lake Worth was 10-3 the season before he showed up, with a 6-5 (first round playoff exit) in his one season there. Obviously, a season is just one season, but that’s a significant step back from the year earlier. Any thought or inside info on that year? Graduated a lot of talent? Totally new system? 

3 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

This is huge. The difference in Crosby when he was there was immediate and obvious. Dayton is going to take a massive step forward and make that district a lot more interesting. 

One question: Lake Worth was 10-3 the season before he showed up, with a 6-5 (first round playoff exit) in his one season there. Obviously, a season is just one season, but that’s a significant step back from the year earlier. Any thought or inside info on that year? Graduated a lot of talent? Totally new system? 

I think that was a talent issue/learning a new system. Look at the 5 seasons prior to them going back to back 10 win seasons. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I think that was a talent issue. Look at the 5 seasons prior to them going back to back 10 win seasons. 

Head Coaches do NOT leave schools after back 2 back 10 win seasons if they believe the talent is there to do it for a 3rd time in a row. You better be uber talented at every other position if you are starting a FRESHMAN QB at the 4A level or above. If not, then you are probably not set up for immediate success.

11 minutes ago, Razor said:

Supposedly, LW had quite a bit coming back from that 10-3 team, so not sure what led to the 6-5 season in his only year at Lake Worth...based on this post, you would think that Dayton hired Knute Rockne or something

Compared to what Dayton has hired the last 3 times they have. 😂😂

6 minutes ago, PlayActionPass said:

Head Coaches do NOT leave schools after back 2 back 10 win seasons if they believe the talent is there to do it for a 3rd time in a row. You better be uber talented at every other position if you are starting a FRESHMAN QB at the 4A level or above. If not, then you are probably not set up for immediate success.

I ran outta likes. +1! 

(I have to add in: problems within the administration would cause them to leave, I've personally seen it in this area few years ago)

5 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Foster will still be the focal point of the offense, just from a more dynamic position. He will benefit greatly from the addition of Jr and Dayton could be very very good very quickly. Especially with Prieto getting a jump start on installing his system by starting on March 4. Fun times in bronco land!!

Good analysis-

6 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

A few things from Lake Worth

1) their top returning player who was the district MVP transferred out during the summer (was ruled ineligible and didnt play his senior year)

2) Prieto was hired the Friday before Memorial Day, tough to really implement things getting hired that late

11 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Can you refresh my memory.. who were the last 3 hires?

Hancok then Nations both incompetent assistant  coaches from the Stewart era. Then coach Ware ( buddy of Jeff Nation ,assistant coach New Caney) the best of the three but half assed  it his last year  since he had another job lined up.

15 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Hancok then Nations both incompetent assistant  coaches from the Stewart era. Then coach Ware ( buddy of Jeff Nation ,assistant coach New Caney) the best of the three but half assed  it his last year  since he had another job lined up.

15 hours ago, Red Boyou said:

Sure, Hancock, Nations and Ware.

Hancock: 9-3, 9-2, 6-6, 7-5, 7-4

Nations: 3-7, 2-7, 0-10, 1-9

Ware: 0-10, 2-8, 7-4, 4-6

I don't think you can group Hancock with the other two tbh 

27 minutes ago, MACDADDYPURP said:

Personally I think you can just due to the fact that he got the job because he was in the click and by the time he was run off there were less than 30 kids on varsity and would have been less than that the following year. IMO what success he did have was because of the remnants from the Stewart era. No one wanted to play for him (as was shown in his next job) so it was going downhill. But you got your opinion I got mine…… to each their own. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC
1 hour ago, MACDADDYPURP said:

Hancock had zero  people skills always running his players in the ground getting into it with the players parents  as well as the fans ! very negative and verbal abusive guy. He won a lot of games  because Stewart was in the back ground babysitting  even during live games he would give Hancock  hand signals  on what to do and laugh at him while saying how dumb he was while talking to liltex and me, 

5 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Hancock had zero  people skills always running his players in the ground getting into it with the players parents  as well as the fans ! very negative and verbal abusive guy. He won a lot of games  because Stewart was in the back ground babysitting  even during live games he would give Hancock  hand signals  on what to do and laugh at him while saying how dumb he was while talking to liltex and me, 

I remember those days.