Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC

11 hours ago, Bronco/Cat Fan said:

I don't know who is being mentioned to replace Coach Ware, but I hope we shooting higher than 2-8. Maybe I'm misreading this topic. 

Or maybe you are misreading the coach being discussed. Inquiring minds want to know, and sounds like we will find out this evening!

4 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Surely you joke....right?

Not necessarily but at the same time, yes.  Haynes was really good in his time at Crosby but don't really see him at Dayton. Here, I really meant Prieto, but I don't discount Haynes applying for the job though. 

My sources are telling me that is Jerry Prieto. He resigned in early '23 and didnt coach Crosby in that horrible 2-8 season. Good hire by Dayton. Under Prieto, the Cougars were 36-17, having won two UIL Region II crowns and appeared in two state semifinal games, equaling the number of previous semifinal appearances in 99 years of Crosby football history.

19 minutes ago, Texasminuteman said:

My sources are telling me that is Jerry Prieto. He resigned in early '23 and didnt coach Crosby in that horrible 2-8 season. Good hire by Dayton. Under Prieto, the Cougars were 36-17, having won two UIL Region II crowns and appeared in two state semifinal games, equaling the number of previous semifinal appearances in 99 years of Crosby football history.

Same thing I am hearing, but I won't believe it until I see it. If it is Prieto, not only are they getting an elite coach, they're also getting a couple of big time ball players in his boys. They also may be getting a pretty steady injection of Code Red between now and August. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC