Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Dayton - AD Open
  • Bobcat1 changed the title to Dayton - HC Open
5 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I thought Dayton was on the verge of being dominant again.

Where did I read that?

Whomever takes over will have a good group to work with. Will be a good situation for the next coach. Nothing changed on that front. Also, no one ever used the word “dominant”, you made that up.

4 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Whomever takes over will have a good group to work with. Will be a good situation for the next coach. Nothing changed on that front. Also, no one ever used the word “dominant”, you made that up.

Then you should apply. Coldspring can probably manage without you. But then again, your vast knowledge would be missed.

1 hour ago, navydawg31 said:

Per Stepp Coach Ware was hired to be the next HC at Aldine MacArthur where he an alum of…. Pending board approval. Congrats to Coach Ware 

Should be interesting. He is one of the great players of Macarthur during the mid-late 1980s. The alumni base will be excited to have him as the HC. 

This was a shock for sure, but a decent majority of the folks in Dayton seem to be welcoming the change. I wasn't aware that Ware had worn out his welcome in the community, but apparently there is a contingent that wants to try and bring some of the hometown Bronco's back to run the program. Only thing I'll say on that topic is, be careful what you wish for Dayton. 

Ware was hired as HC and to be promoted to AD when Nations  retired. Word on the street he has retired so I don't see any reason  why they wouldn't hire an AD/HC for the job opening. Dayton isn't  that rich although some EXXON money is starting to roll in. I have no inside info haven't lived there for 10 years  and getting ready to retire in the middle of the woods  west of Centerville- always a Bronco !.

1 hour ago, jayhawk said:

Ware was hired as HC and to be promoted to AD when Nations  retired. Word on the street he has retired so I don't see any reason  why they wouldn't hire an AD/HC for the job opening. Dayton isn't  that rich although some EXXON money is starting to roll in. I have no inside info haven't lived there for 10 years  and getting ready to retire in the middle of the woods  west of Centerville- always a Bronco !.

I thought McCrackin was the AD at Dayton? 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC