Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC

On 3/2/2024 at 11:27 PM, jayhawk said:

Just the HC  for some reason -   maybe the school board has something else in mind down the line ? 

Assistant AD title included. Ware wasn't the AD either during his time there. Jeff Nations had that title and it was given to Geoff McCracken when Nations retired back in December. 

42 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

So basically Prieto Chunked Crosby the duece and then turned up in DAYTON less than a year later????? Is this how I'm reading this?

I can only speculate but it sure seems curious. doesn't it? He could have a vendetta and a score to settle with certain individuals there. Remember this is a guy who wants to stick his thumb in the eye of others at times. He shows little restraint. He might be jumping up and down and spitting on someones turf soon. It would be quite interesting to see how that would be percieved. Or maybe not, maybe it is all just a coincidence and nothing more. Its 50/50 at this point. Certainly its a storyline to keep everyone amused through the offseason!

56 minutes ago, Old Ape said:

So basically Prieto Chunked Crosby the duece and then turned up in DAYTON less than a year later????? Is this how I'm reading this?

Perhaps he wants to prove that the Red nation messed up. Or maybe he’s a football coach that wants to succeed in a program that has struggled… to be kind. 
At any rate it looks like Dayton has landed a prize. 

13 hours ago, 2wedge said:

Assistant AD title included. Ware wasn't the AD either during his time there. Jeff Nations had that title and it was given to Geoff McCracken when Nations retired back in December. 

Don't know this Geoff McCracken hopefully he's a temp AD - really doesn't matter though if its HC/AD or Assistant AD/HC as long as the money is good! -if little Jerry's dad is happy, I'm happy!  Go Broncos ---- 

59 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Don't know this Geoff McCracken hopefully he's a temp AD - really doesn't matter though if its HC/AD or Assistant AD/HC as long as the money is good! -if little Jerry's dad is happy, I'm happy!  Go Broncos ---- 

McCracken has been in Dayton ISD for quite sometime.

Was the head basketball coach there for many years. Now a school admin.