Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC

17 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

Same thing I am hearing, but I won't believe it until I see it. If it is Prieto, not only are they getting an elite coach, they're also getting a couple of big time ball players in his boys. They also may be getting a pretty steady injection of Code Red between now and August. 

Elite coach. or elite recruiter? 

He’s also bringing the DC which is his most important assistant since Prieto calls the plays. The OC at Crosby under Prieto is most likely coming too. Most important pickup will be Prieto Jr. Held his own this year in his playoff start as a freshman and should end up a high 3️ recruit at minimum. Dayton has their Jerry Stewart and fell into Cody Green-lite. Congrats Bronco fans, looking forward to the opener. 

35 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

14.2 moving to Dayton?

Nah, Levi’s off to college after the THSPA state finals and my prize steer who’ll be a sophomore next year is fond of the staff. Our defense was the worst I’ve ever seen but the DC played LB in the league, is a great LB coach and the kids love him. 

Dayton is probably going to win somewhere around 30 games over the next three years with Prieto’s son at QB(if he stays at Dayton). They won’t have to worry about me moving in because he’ll have Liberty County sowed up. That’s just how it works as you can see from North Shore’s situation. 

22 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Nah, Levi’s off to college after the THSPA state finals and my prize steer who’ll be a sophomore next year is fond of the staff. Our defense was the worst I’ve ever seen but the DC played LB in the league, is a great LB coach and the kids love him. 

Dayton is probably going to win somewhere around 30 games over the next three years with Prieto’s son at QB(if he stays at Dayton). They won’t have to worry about me moving in because he’ll have Liberty County sowed up. That’s just how it works as you can see from North Shore’s situation. 

Guess you haven't seen Dayton s sophomore QB  play last year ! He's  a monster in his own right.Dont see him loosing his job .

42 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Guess you haven't seen Dayton s sophomore QB  play last year ! He's  a monster in his own right.Dont see him loosing his job .

I saw some of his highlights if he was the varsity QB last year? Crosby had a stud ‘27 QB that transferred to BH because of little Jerry. He’ll be the QB and Dayton will be better for it. It’ll be his 4th year in the system while the other kid won’t even know where to line kids up. I’m a tough critic of coaches playing their sons but little Prieto is legit and then some. 

40 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I saw some of his highlights if he was the varsity QB last year? Crosby had a stud ‘27 QB that transferred to BH because of little Jerry. He’ll be the QB and Dayton will be better for it. It’ll be his 4th year in the system while the other kid won’t even know where to line kids up. I’m a tough critic of coaches playing their sons but little Prieto is legit and then some. 

Hope little Jerry's dad  knows how to smooth current QB because he's a pure athlete -reminds me  of Jalen Hurts.( very powerful kid just getting stronger every year can play  both ways.) heard he was going to transfer until he found out Ware quit. 

8 hours ago, jayhawk said:

Hope little Jerry's dad  knows how to smooth current QB because he's a pure athlete -reminds me  of Jalen Hurts.( very powerful kid just getting stronger every year can play  both ways.) heard he was going to transfer until he found out Ware quit. 

Ok , we will take him. He can fight it out with the Crosby transfer 😂

just messin , but I think 14.2 is right unless the Dayton QB is heads and tails above them Jr. will start for the Broncos.  

goodluck and I hope he stays to contribute.

9 hours ago, jayhawk said:

I wouldn't call him smooth in QB terms but he is a great athlete which is why Coach P will probably switch him to RB like he did with Reggie Branch at Crosby after he played QB for a couple of years. It may be a blessing in disguise for him since he was probably going to be recruited as an "athlete" versus a QB anyway. He may still transfer if his feelings are hurt and he's dead set on playing QB like a couple of transfers we lost from the '27 class were I think he'll probably end up liking whatever role Coach P carves our for him in the offense. Coach P and Coach Poth(DC) get kids to college.  

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I wouldn't call him smooth in QB terms but he is a great athlete which is why Coach P will probably switch him to RB like he did with Reggie Branch at Crosby after he played QB for a couple of years. It may be a blessing in disguise for him since he was probably going to be recruited as an "athlete" versus a QB anyway. He may still transfer if his feelings are hurt and he's dead set on playing QB like a couple of transfers we lost from the '27 class were I think he'll probably end up liking whatever role Coach P carves our for him in the offense. Coach P and Coach Poth(DC) get kids to college.  

I was going to say Foster would make a great RB or WR. I see him being switched to one of those 2 positions. From what I saw last year he is more of a runner than a passer so the transition to one of the other positions should be a good thing for him and the team all together. 

• Bobcat1 changed the title to Dayton Hires Jerry Prieto as HC