Dallas ISD considering filing a grievance over PNG win

bullets13

On 1/6/2024 at 8:11 PM, Rez Ipsa said:

The question still hinges on what the coaches knew. Because if the coaches had access to the full information and still agreed to the contest, under the rules you shared above, the coaches have agreed to and therefore waived the restrictions. I have a hard time thinking the coaches didn’t get the refs’ bios. 

Someone posted his taso card on the internet including his home address, so someone had it.  Maybe they didn’t notice until after the fact, but they do get the refs info cards. 

h. If the official has a child in school in one of the involved schools, or a child who graduated from one of the schools within the previous 2 years.

This is the only one I would question.  It says school not district.  His kids are younger, so not in the “involved school.”  

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Someone posted his taso card on the internet including his home address, so someone had it.  Maybe they didn’t notice until after the fact, but they do get the refs info cards. 

h. If the official has a child in school in one of the involved schools, or a child who graduated from one of the schools within the previous 2 years.

This is the only one I would question.  It says school not district.  His kids are younger, so not in the “involved school.”  

My thoughts exactly.

21 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

South Oak Cliff is DFW PN-G is SETX YOU brought Houston into the discussion unnecessarily 

Yeah...AND?  How many topics stay strictly, exactly on subject here?          Hint....NONE

I purposely, proactively added Houston in because I was anticipating these kind of snarky, nonsense replies. 

In any case, nothing justifies repetitively misquoting me.

1 minute ago, Separation Scientist said:

Yeah...AND?  How many topics stay strictly, exactly on subject here?          Hint....NONE

I purposely, proactively added Houston in because I was anticipating these kind of snarky, nonsense replies. 

In any case, nothing justifies repetitively misquoting me.

News flash you're a nobody come join the club 

Taso and UIL response 

Fitch explained, "TASO has a very rigorous Conflict of Interest (COI) Policy."

"Simply living within a school's attendance zone in itself is not considered a conflict. Imagine if every official living in the DISD attendance zone was excluded from officiating any DISD game," Fitch wrote.

"This would significantly dilute the pool of very qualified officials. After our inquiries, we have determined that the Line Judge has not violated any of the items in the TASO COI (Conflict of Interest) policy," Fitch noted.

University Interscholastic League Athletic Director Ray Zepeda responded to Elizalde in a separate letter.

"It would be impossible to preclude someone from officiating a game for a school simply because they live in that city or town," Zepeda said.

"For example, officials that live in the city of Dallas called four out of the five rounds of SOC's playoff contests prior to the 2023 state championship game," Zepeda noted.

"In conclusion, the game between Dallas South Oak Cliff and Port Neches-Groves was a very well played, well coached, competitive game that featured two very storied programs in Texas high school football," Zepeda said.

This is the hidden content, please

4 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Taso and UIL response 

"Simply living within a school's attendance zone in itself is not considered a conflict. Imagine if every official living in the DISD attendance zone was excluded from officiating any DISD game," Fitch wrote.

"This would significantly dilute the pool of very qualified officials. After our inquiries, we have determined that the Line Judge has not violated any of the items in the TASO COI (Conflict of Interest) policy," Fitch noted.

University Interscholastic League Athletic Director Ray Zepeda responded to Elizalde in a separate letter.

"It would be impossible to preclude someone from officiating a game for a school simply because they live in that city or town," Zepeda said.

"For example, officials that live in the city of Dallas called four out of the five rounds of SOC's playoff contests prior to the 2023 state championship game," Zepeda noted.

"In conclusion, the game between Dallas South Oak Cliff and Port Neches-Groves was a very well played, well coached, competitive game that featured two very storied programs in Texas high school football," Zepeda said.

Well that just pisses in DISD cheerios and agenda lol 

38 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Taso and UIL response 

This outlines how incredibly stupid the grievance was. DISD didn’t file grievances about the Dallas-resident referees that reffed 4 of their 5 playoff games on the way to state. But suddenly they get a ref that isn’t from Dallas and it’s the end of the world. 

And, it makes clear what a lot of us already assumed, which was that South Oak Cliff had all the information needed provided to them in advance. This was just a pitiful attempt to gripe about losing. 

On 1/6/2024 at 12:42 PM, pine curtain said:

The complaint is not about PN-g.

The complaint is about an official having a conflict of interest or appearing to have one.

If he would have excused himself from the game there would not be and discussion about this.

Y'all can thank him for the distraction next time you get you teeth cleaned by him or you see him at the local DQ or Marketbasket.

It seems he did nothing wrong, according to the powers that be. Case closed.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Razor said:

this transferring and recruiting garbage in HS sports is what needs to stop...taking the fun out of it, in part, if you ask me

Yep - PNG has to rely on coaching up the boys we have, and SOC openly rebuilds like they’re in the ncaa. They had no pass rush against PNG last year - If we face them next year, they’ll have an all new team tailor made to deal with us. It’s ridiculous. And , if they win we’ll all stand there and clap and pretend there was anything organic about their team. If we win, they’ll file grievances and try to put asterisks and insinuations on the victory.

I’m not saying they’re breaking the rules by all these transfers. They’re a magnet school and PnG isn’t, etc. But the idea that all the schools don’t put their teams together under the same rules challenges the idea of high school sports altogether.