Lamar University not hosting playoff games?

PN-G bamatex

We may have contacted Lamar about using their stadium before playoffs started to see if it was a option but I don’t think it was necessarily for this game since the Indianettes are flying back into Houston from NY Friday morning and going straight to the game so I’m sure we needed a stadium close to the airport as possible.

2 hours ago, NDNmom91 said:

We may have contacted Lamar about using their stadium before playoffs started to see if it was a option but I don’t think it was necessarily for this game since the Indianettes are flying back into Houston from NY Friday morning and going straight to the game so I’m sure we needed a stadium close to the airport as possible.

It is a FOOTBALL game NOT a band contest.

I guarantee the last thing on the coaches mind when picking the field was the band or drill team.

If none of the bands or drill teams showed up this game it would still be played......... 

39 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I guarantee the last thing on the coaches mind when picking the field was the band or drill team.

If none of the bands or drill teams showed up this game it would still be played......... 

But what about the atmospheric atmosphere? 🤔😁

1 hour ago, pine curtain said:

And that, my friends, is what sets PN-G apart from the rest.

6 hours ago, NDNmom91 said:

They’ll be cutting it close - If there’s any delay (expected on a holiday weekend), they’ll spend game time sitting in a New York airport. 

8 hours ago, pine curtain said:

Well, you’re right that the game would still be played and maybe the MAJORITY of coaches don’t put much thought into accommodating the band, drill team, or fans when making decisions like this but that’s not how we roll at PNG!!  

1 hour ago, NDNmom91 said:

Well, you’re right that the game would still be played and maybe the MAJORITY of coaches don’t put much thought into accommodating the band, drill team, or fans when making decisions like this but that’s not how we roll at PNG!!  

The only thing PN-g band people roll is on their golf carts to the Wheel house

I don't recall all of the details but it seems like the band was late to the game in 1999?? at Texas A&M for some band contest?? reason and the crowd went wild when they showed up that's when (I think) Dustin Long and company upset SA Schertz?? didn't play ball or in the band (too lazy and undisciplined for either) but I think the football players' adrenaline goes up when the band fires up on Cherokee

On 11/18/2023 at 8:26 PM, pine curtain said:

You are correct they tried to call everybody at Lamar to secure the stadium. 

The reason Lamar said no was because some key people needed to run the facility was going to be unavailable and they are short on staff.

On 11/18/2023 at 8:42 PM, TradenupBH said:

Yet, most of the kids paying money to go to Lamar are from SETX. Lamar is such a joke.

I think they have a legitimate reason not to host. They don’t (apparently) have the staff to do it on such short notice especially on a holiday week. 

13 hours ago, ndn2016 said:

but I think the football players' adrenaline goes up when the band fires up on Cherokee

Look there's only a handful of memorable fight songs. Cherokee being one of them.  Reading that and thinking of the fans hearing the band coming in and then the energy boost the players get from that. It gives me chills and I hate that song. So think of how it makes those kids feel. Without a doubt, the coaches want the band, cheerleaders, and fans there. Atmosphere I believe is how it's considered an advantage. I know everytime we play it feels like a playoff game. And the kids at PNG do that every week. So when they get in the playoffs nothing changes to the atmospheres.

🥁🔥🦃🏆