Lamar University not hosting playoff games?

PN-G bamatex

Lamar hosts high school basketball, baseball and softball games ever single year. So they’re definitely in the high school game. It’s different on Thanksgiving break.

I was told Stallworth didn’t have staff available to work either. PNG is having to provide their own limited concessions at CE King because they’re limited on staff as well. 

Jeff O’Malley is doing a great job at building relationships back up in the community and he realizes how important the high schools are here. 

On 11/22/2023 at 11:28 AM, WOSdrummer99 said:

Look there's only a handful of memorable fight songs. Cherokee being one of them.  Reading that and thinking of the fans hearing the band coming in and then the energy boost the players get from that. It gives me chills and I hate that song. So think of how it makes those kids feel. Without a doubt, the coaches want the band, cheerleaders, and fans there. Atmosphere I believe is how it's considered an advantage. I know everytime we play it feels like a playoff game. And the kids at PNG do that every week. So when they get in the playoffs nothing changes to the atmospheres.

🥁🔥🦃🏆

Nothing changes except the crowds start to swell in size and the atmosphere gets even more intense.

To the posters out there doubting the impact the Indian Band, the Indianettes, the Indian Faithful, and the other spirit groups have on the field, just ask the players and the coaches. Better yet, ask the other side of the field. They’ll all tell you.

See y’all tomorrow night. Scalp ‘em.

19 hours ago, AshlyHasBeen said:

Lamar hosts high school basketball, baseball and softball games ever single year. So they’re definitely in the high school game. It’s different on Thanksgiving break.

I was told Stallworth didn’t have staff available to work either. PNG is having to provide their own limited concessions at CE King because they’re limited on staff as well. 

Jeff O’Malley is doing a great job at building relationships back up in the community and he realizes how important the high schools are here. 

He’s been fantastic. So has Dr Taylor, who is as committed to athletics as you will see in a university president.  

22 hours ago, PN-G bamatex said:

Nothing changes except the crowds start to swell in size and the atmosphere gets even more intense.

To the posters out there doubting the impact the Indian Band, the Indianettes, the Indian Faithful, and the other spirit groups have on the field, just ask the players and the coaches. Better yet, ask the other side of the field. They’ll all tell you.

See y’all tomorrow night. Scalp ‘em.

There are better teams, schools with way more titles, etc.  But I’m honestly not sure if anyone “does” high school football better than PNG.