Whats this about

5 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Uh oh. Watch out hes got a trophy for being an announcer for Lumberton little dribblers.

Noone lcm or otherwise would disagree we are west oranges little everything in football...

Most teams are WOS little everything in football lol... minus a couple years 

2 hours ago, Looper said:

Sounds like some fragile egos in Orange,  Looking at histories it sure seems like Lumberton and LCM have more in common than they want to believe. couple more play off appearances I think and maybe a few playoff wins. overall win/loss is very even. LCM has head to head. Seems like LCM is screaming and teary eyed trying to convince themselves that they are more like PNG and Ned than Lumberton.

I don't know any LCM folks in real life or on here who act or think like this. Where are your hard feelings coming from? 

I don't have a 4A dog in this hunt, but I do not support banning opt ups at all. Think statewide, what if El Paso had five 6A teams, and one more 5A team. It would make a ton of common sense to opt up that one 5A to fill out their district. There could be / would be collateral damage with a statewide opt up ban.  

Maybe Stepp just posted that to start up talk and get clicks. I dunno. 

I’m not a huge fan of any school opting up. I personally believe that whatever UIL determines is the cutoff, your enrollment places you. I do understand wanting to for financial reasons.. but.. wouldn’t that also be true about just being in district with the 6 closest schools? If travel is truly the issue, just go independent and stay in a 30 mile radius.

Disclaimer: I wholeheartedly disagree with several things UIL does.

22 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

I don't have a 4A dog in this hunt, but I do not support banning opt ups at all. Think statewide, what if El Paso had five 6A teams, and one more 5A team. It would make a ton of common sense to opt up that one 5A to fill out their district. There could be / would be collateral damage with a statewide opt up ban.  

Maybe Stepp just posted that to start up talk and get clicks. I dunno. 

What if El Paso five 6A schools, and one more 3A team.

44 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

What if El Paso five 6A schools, and one more 3A team.

In that case I believe it best left up to that ISD to decide. They know whats best for them. We are talking west TX after all. A 3A playing in 6A is probabaly less worse than having that 3A travel 300 miles for every game in every sport every time. That 3A won't win State even if placed in 3A anyway.  Then, they need to rebalance if possible going forward.   

16 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I have it from a very good source that HJ and Liberty have opted up.  

Interesting.

With Bridge City's snapshot number, they will be going up to Division I. That leaves just Hamshire-Fannett, Jasper, Silsbee and West Orange-Stark in the current DII football district.

Shepherd most likely will be added to this district with their snapshot number moving them back to 4A DII but not 100% that will happen.

Looks like this local 4A DII district will only have 5 teams next two years. That means 6 non district games.

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Interesting.

With Bridge City's snapshot number, they will be going up to Division I. That leaves just Hamshire-Fannett, Jasper, Silsbee and West Orange-Stark in the current DII football district.

Shepherd most likely will be added to this district with their snapshot number moving them back to 4A DII but not 100% that will happen.

Looks like this local 4A DII district will only have 5 teams next two years. That means 6 non district games.

Will finding available teams be possible with most teams already starting district play.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Interesting.

How would that work having that many district opponents? You lose 2 non district games? Great 2 more puppies in the puppy district 

On 11/9/2023 at 1:36 PM, WhoDat said:

UIL allows HISD schools to opt and stay in one district. Until they do something to stop these schools, then other schools should be allowed to opt up. HISD uses it for the same reason, they cannot compete in other districts as a whole. Can Liberty and HJ compete in 4D1? Not sure, but I bet it's more competitive than playing in their current district. 

Yep. If "guardrails" are installed by the UIL, then they have to apply to everyone, inner city HISD and Dallas ISD included. 

3 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

So if this happens the leaders have to suffer if they wanted to keep tougher opponents.

There's a few people on here that are very adamant that playing a tough non-district doesn't matter if your district is weak lol 🤣

I think either side is of the argument is exaggerated, no coaching staff is is going to lose sleep about it. Line up and play the team across from you. 

1 minute ago, Looper said:

There's a few people on here that are very adamant that playing a tough non-district doesn't matter if your district is weak lol 🤣

I think either side is of the argument is exaggerated, no coaching staff is is going to lose sleep about it. Line up and play the team across from you. 

True. Although we (lcm) benefitted from having wos, kinkaid, and lsss tougher opponents